Article: Robert DeLeo and Co. cannot wait to hammer your constitutional rights

I do have to say there is a good thing the comittee has come up with. I do like the idea, that your license stays valid until a new one is issued. That in my opinion is Common Sense, but we know how this state is.

Everyone send him a pork chop thank you gift.

but it looks like he is only one away from the big one.

so where's the part about prosecuting the felons in possession of a weapon??? You know, the actual ones doing the crime with the guns!!

I note very few on the board ever touched a gun, and probably only one has ever fired a gun. No NRA members, no GOAL - just 'Educators'. You know, the ones that say the United States Constitution is an 'old' document that must be modified for today's realities (but won't modify it in the way set forth in the document).

I was clear at the hearings in Springfield; I will not comply, I will not consent, these are MY RIGHTS, no one else's, therefor no one else has a say.

Just more of the same...

“Most gun owners buy their guns legally, keeps guns properly secured…because they believe it is how responsible gun owners should behave.” …. “Unfortunately some gun owners do not act in responsible ways.” “Our recommendations….are directed toward those irresponsible gun owners, who do not follow the laws and regulations.”

In other words - we're gonna make more laws aimed at the people we admit won't follow them anyway, and it will only effect the responsible law abiding citizens - SSDD

I do have to say there is a good thing the comittee has come up with. I do like the idea, that your license stays valid until a new one is issued. That in my opinion is Common Sense, but we know how this state is.

Or not. License might be valid to keep you out of jail, but probably unable to buy firearms or ammo until they issue a new one. Of course now that the license is "valid", there will be even less pressure to issue in a timely fashion.

Not as bad as I thought it would be. There is a lot of discussion about making the rules clearer, for both licensing and the gun lists. Could benefit us.

They should really do away with license restrictions. Either you qualify for the license or you don't. And Disqualifiers should be clear and absolute. PO's should not have leeway to determine the "suitability" of a candidate. Felon = Disqualified. Non felon/not certified crazy = qualify.

The bad thing about this proposal is doing away with secondary private firearm sales. They want all sales through an FFL. Your LTC is your background check. Its existence is a statement that the gov't already vetted you, and you passed. Sales to people without an LTC is already illegal. So, this rule is unnecessary.

Did anybody noticed the proposed requirement for signing an affidavit listing all your firearms that "are registered to you" upon every LTC renewal? This is outrageous!

The end of the report mentions "urban violence", but there are no statistics anywhere.
So the whole report acts like it is balanced consideration of the problem of guns used in crime, but I am guessing if they actually gave the statistics, it would be 99% felons with guns acquired illegally, and 1% from licensed owners in MA.

This whole report just reads "blah, blah, blah... and more hot air." They are just spewing nonsense without actually doing anything. The four things that will likely affect us are the 90 day renewal issue, running secondary transactions through FFL's, unifying the two firearms "lists", and tax credits for buying a firearm safe. Basically I see two for, one against, and one maybe. The transaction change will suck in varying degrees based on which "list" is used but will suck regardless because it now means that all of those off-list guns can no longer be transferred. I see this as the biggest problem facing us as a result of this proposed legislation.
If they want to run bg checks, which you know they want on absolutely any transaction, they are going to do it but this way is a cop-out. What they SHOULD do is just run a bg check with the eFA-10 form and get rid of the paper forms. Then you don't involve the FFL's at all. That would require infrastructure the state would need to build out and the proposed change puts the burden on us instead.

Last edited:
But, we all know that legally owning guns is just the "gateway" to becoming a career criminal. (sarcasm off).

Look I'm gonna make lemonade out of this potential lemon of a bill.
DeLeo is a hack and his cronies will all line up to co-sponsor this piece of trash legislation.

I plan to expose the anti gun portions of the bill, and post it (on paper) at every gun club in my area.

Along with the reps and senators names who co sponsored it.

The end of the report mentions "urban violence", but there are no statistics anywhere.
So the whole report acts like it is balanced consideration of the problem of guns used in crime, but I am guessing if they actually gave the statistics, it would be 99% felons with guns acquired illegally, and 1% from licensed owners in MA.

You're incorrect. Actual gun crimes-violent ones, such as attempted murder, intimidation, etc; aren't even at 1%. More repeat felons are arrested in Worcester in a week for violent crimes, than law abiding gun owners are arrested in a year.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

regarding the provision for actual firing a weapon for passing the class, I would like to see restrictions for specific brands removed should this pass. INO, if I can show you I can use a glock, then wtf should it be banned. I know more restrictions are not what we want, but never give without getting if possible.

Look I'm gonna make lemonade out of this potential lemon of a bill.
DeLeo is a hack and his cronies will all line up to co-sponsor this piece of trash legislation.

I plan to expose the anti gun portions of the bill, and post it (on paper) at every gun club in my area.

Along with the reps and senators names who co sponsored it.

Thanks in advance for doing that. Will there be a chance to see who's supporting this stuff BEFORE it is voted on in the house?

I think this is an excellent report of how much can be said, and not to the point, while simultaneously lumping in the law-abiding gun owner in with the criminals ( note the part about private sales ).

We need not post our opinion here. We need to get the word out to people not on NES, or at gun clubs, but in the broader community. Sharpen up your blue (to show that you're serious) crayon, and start writing letters to the editor, and calling in to radio shows - make it known that this watershed report is a piece of crap that does nothing to fix the problems we have.

So they wan the FID card to become "may issue" WTF? The cops arrest people, but ultimately they are innocent or guilty in a courtroom. So if people are arrested but not convicted, they loose their rights? I guess Mass politicians don't believe in the concept of innocent until proven guilty anymore? Then they go onto say "Unfortunately some gun owners do not act in responsible ways....Our recommendations are intended to tighten the already strong gun legislation in mass". Oh if we just pass ONE MORE LAW we will live in a utopia where criminals obey the laws.

Did anybody noticed the proposed requirement for signing an affidavit listing all your firearms that "are registered to you" upon every LTC renewal? This is outrageous!

That's not exactly what was written, but the question of guns registered to a particular owner is different that the language that has been used. In the past, the emphasis has been on the "recording the transfer" not on a gun registered to the owner. A fine point nevertheless, they are now admitting that they want gun registration.

Back
Top Bottom