• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Article on what to do if caught showing...

45collector

NES Member
This article isn't much good for us MA residents. We all know we can be charged for brandishing... blah blah blah. But there are some good points.

Check out the chick in the 1st picture! Ahahahaaaaa!!! Seriously? Someone get me this honey's phone # so I can teach her how to conceal correctly!! (yes I realize its a staged photo)

http://www.guns.com/what-to-do-if-you-are-outed-while-you-carry-concealed-2.html

This article isn't much good for us MA residents. We all know we can be charged for brandishing... blah blah blah. But there are some good points.

Check out the chick in the 1st picture! Ahahahaaaaa!!! Seriously? Someone get me this honey's phone # so I can teach her how to conceal correctly!! (yes I realize its a staged photo)

http://www.guns.com/what-to-do-if-you-are-outed-while-you-carry-concealed-2.html

I think that's Summer Glau and I think the pic is from an episode of the Sarah Conner chronicles.

What here doesn't apply to Massachusetts? There is no "brandishing" law in MA. There is no law against open carry in MA. Provided you're licensed, not in a prohibited place, and didn't draw or intentionally flash the weapon as a threat, the only thing you could be charged with is the ubiquitous "Disturbing the Peace" catch-all. Of greater concern is your COP's reaction to the incident should LE be called in as he could revoke your LTC due to suitability.

John, please cite MGL for "brandishing"?

[Hint: There is NO such law.]

People have lost their LTCs for exposing their firearm in MA, but it actually isn't illegal. Same person could have lost their permit if they dyed their hair in rainbow colors or did a spike hairdo! It's called "discretion" and "suitability" and as terrible as they are, they are NOT criminal acts (which "brandishing" would be, if there was such a law in MA).

Last month as I was walking into Sam's Club in Hudson, NH I realized that my (too short) shirt) had ridden over my mag holder on my belt and was pulling the shirt over it as I walked. There was a Sam's Club employee behind me shagging carts and I know that he saw it. I just continued into the store and did my shopping. No big deal and nobody said anything to anyone. Don't suggest this in MA however, even though it should not be an issue (legally). Also realize that 90% of customers in a Sam's Club (Hudson, NH) parking lot are MA subjects, so potential for a case of apoplectic shock is still very much present.

Last edited:
Len, yes I know there is no such law. We've been over this a million times. You can be charged with disturbing the peace if someone sees your firearm.

Sibb, looks like you are correct. I had no idea who Summer Glau is nor have ever watched the Sarah Connor chronicles. Now I know who the girl in Squished's avatar is. ;)

John,

I seriously doubt that a "disturbing the peace" charge would stick even in moonbat MA for merely bending over and revealing a firearm. Loss of LTC I would agree is very likely, but NO criminal action even if a LEO sputters "disturbing the peace" BS at the person.

That is my point TW, that there is no law against open carry but you can still be charged for it. Isn't MA fun?!

I figured you knew but wanted to clarify. To a newer NESer that post would have convinced them there is some sort of brandishing law. It wasn't so much to correct you as to make sure the correct info was in the thread.

John,

I seriously doubt that a "disturbing the peace" charge would stick even in moonbat MA for merely bending over and revealing a firearm. Loss of LTC I would agree is very likely, but NO criminal action even if a LEO sputters "disturbing the peace" BS at the person.

We're splitting hairs here Len. The way I see it, if my LTC were revoked because some sheep saw my holstered pistol when the wind blew my coat open, that is criminal action; Criminal action on the state's part for taking away my right to carry and treating me like a criminal when in fact I had commited no crime. I understand the distinction you're trying to make though Len and it's my fault for not expressing my thoughts clearly enough.

OK I'm busted. Yes my true reason for posting that article is for the pic of a hot girl with a gun stuck down her butt. GUILTY.

[Hey why does this Glock smell like a stripper's asscrack?!]

I took the time to read the comments:

Sunday, October 30, 2011 Mark Peterson - View Profile
Many years ago I went to a Looooonnnggg (but great) class taught by Massad Ayoob. He was very, very clear (many times a day even) that if a person was going to carry a gun, they must also carry a badge; and if you carry a badge, you carry a gun. Either one alone can be a huge problem.

Even having been out of LE for several years, I still do exactly that. Anytime someone sees my firearm, they will also see a badge. It may say 'Armed Citizen' or 'Private Security' or "Arizona Brothel Inspector" (my favorite), but if my jacket catches on a doorknob, they will see a badge on my belt next to the pistol.

The only time this has failed me was when I had my sleeveless vest zipped tight, covering my badge on my belt. The butt of the pistol snuck out the armhole while I was shopping. I walked out to find three city cops sitting on the hood of my car laughing at me. They knew I was a deputy sheriff, but they were too busy laughing to bother to tell the petrified store clerk.

Emphasis mine.

That girl in the pic should know better than to carry like that. Too easy for the front sight to get caught on the thong and hinder her draw. [wink]

The article does make a valid point about not getting all flustered if you accidentally reveal. The sheep will pretty much take their cue from your actions. If you treat it like no big deal and go on about your business they'll usually do the same.

Ah, until I clicked the link I didn't realize you were talking about firearms.... oop 'dare it is! [shocked]. I guess "showing" regardless of what it is you are showing is probably not such a good idea.

That girl in the pic should know better than to carry like that. Too easy for the front sight to get caught on the thong and hinder her draw. [wink]

What makes you think she's wearing a thong? [smile]

She might be going commando? [devil]

At any rate, it looks like she has it stashed vertically over her left cheek . . . pretty awkward draw required and obviously done strictly for the photo-op. I doubt that the jacket she's wearing even covers her midriff, never mind conceal the gun! [devil]

John, please cite MGL for "brandishing"?

[Hint: There is NO such law.]

People have lost their LTCs for exposing their firearm in MA, but it actually isn't illegal. Same person could have lost their permit if they died their hair in rainbow colors or did a spike hairdo! It's called "discretion" and "suitability" and as terrible as they are, they are NOT criminal acts (which "brandishing" would be, if there was such a law in MA).

Last month as I was walking into Sam's Club in Hudson, NH I realized that my (too short) shirt) had ridden over my mag holder on my belt and was pulling the shirt over it as I walked. There was a Sam's Club employee behind me shagging carts and I know that he saw it. I just continued into the store and did my shopping. No big deal and nobody said anything to anyone. Don't suggest this in MA however, even though it should not be an issue (legally). Also realize that 90% of customers in a Sam's Club (Hudson, NH) parking lot are MA subjects, so potential for a case of apoplectic shock is still very much present.

Guns are encouraged in NH Len.

I was in the Amherst, NH Wal-Mart a few weeks ago, grabbing shotgun ammo for trap and other goodies (targets, spare earplugs, the usual). I get up to the counter, and the elder gentleman looked at me and said "might wanna fix your shirt". My button-up shirt had lifted and settled on the inside of the grip [shocked]. Fixed, he rang me up and I was on my way.

Can't really imagine what would've happened in PRM. Arrested? Flogged at the stake? Fed to lions? [puke2]

As the 'girl' in the picture is a Terminator (later model) - I am not sure it is wearing a thong...and no it would not hinder her draw, as Terminators are strong...it would simply rip the thing apart [smile]

Many years ago I went to a Looooonnnggg (but great) class taught by Massad Ayoob. He was very, very clear (many times a day even) that if a person was going to carry a gun, they must also carry a badge; and if you carry a badge, you carry a gun. Either one alone can be a huge problem.

Even having been out of LE for several years, I still do exactly that. Anytime someone sees my firearm, they will also see a badge. It may say 'Armed Citizen' or 'Private Security' or "Arizona Brothel Inspector" (my favorite), but if my jacket catches on a doorknob, they will see a badge on my belt next to the pistol.

The only time this has failed me was when I had my sleeveless vest zipped tight, covering my badge on my belt. The butt of the pistol snuck out the armhole while I was shopping. I walked out to find three city cops sitting on the hood of my car laughing at me. They knew I was a deputy sheriff, but they were too busy laughing to bother to tell the petrified store clerk.

[laugh2]

Wait. [thinking][hmmm]

So with a quick google search I find this.

http://legallyarmed.com/resources/reflectorsystem.htm

Better than a CCW badge?

[laugh][rolleyes]

I once had a WWB 9mm box break in the parking lot of the Hudson, NH walmart. A soccer mom type with a kid in the cart stopped to help me pick the loose rounds up. I wonder what would've happened in MA.

I once had a WWB 9mm box break in the parking lot of the Hudson, NH walmart. A soccer mom type with a kid in the cart stopped to help me pick the loose rounds up. I wonder what would've happened in MA.

She would have been arrested for unlawful possession of ammunition [rolleyes]

I kind of like the idea of wearing a badge ("awesome citizen") on the holster for the purposes of calming someone down that happens to see your weapon. I'm sure they would be far less likely to call the police.

The only problem I have with it is:

1) I'd kind of feel like a tool
2) If some one does call the cops, my heart tells me they'd slap you with impersonating a cop

Back
Top Bottom