Article: NJ WOMAN STABBED TO DEATH WAITING FOR STATE PERMISSION TO OWN GUN

Maybe there ought be a law that one can immediately get restraining order together with a firearm permit. I hope this changes some Jersey gun laws. Frankly I am surprised that the Courier Post picked up and reported the delayed firearm license in the story.

Hopefully SAF or other legal groups figure out a way to take NJ to court and hang their ass over stupidity like this....how would the moonbats feel if the state required a license to possess food and they died of hunger.....there is no license for a God-given right.

Restraining order against = immediate confiscation.

Restraining order for = Well, uh, these things take time. We have to follow protocol, uh, we have to be careful...

So sad and absolutely disgusting. I did have a price to relocate to Mass, and here I am. There is no amount high enough to convince me to move to NJ.

Loneranger - I agree. However, if a background check reveals that someone is not disqualified they should be able to purchase and carry concealed. It's a right, not a privilege and LTC's, CCW's etc are just excuses for local governments to make money. I believe that a F/A would have saved this poor woman from her death. But these liberals and their anti gun agenda.
Brian
Zero Hour Arms

Maybe Gov. Hassan should see this and see why Constitutional carry is a good thing. This young lady wouldn't need to wait 5 minutes in a state like Vermont.

Maybe Gov. Hassan should see this and see why Constitutional carry is a good thing. This young lady wouldn't need to wait 5 minutes in a state like Vermont.

but it's for the children! heaven forbid we have g-g-g-guns on the s-s-s-street!

think of the children!

the persons responsible for this law that prevented this woman from saving her own life and forced her to depend on a system that ultimately failed her should be brought up on charges of conspiracy to murder and tried accordingly. The entire system that prevented her from owning a handgun should be tried in criminal court for her death.

They have the gall to claim they want to save lives.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Governor/Chris_Christie_Gun_Control.htm

Carol Browne's death is on you, Christie - and everyone else in NJ. You'll never get my vote, you fat ****.

Keep this death in mind the next time someone is arguing about "gun violence". They control the discussion, and convince many in the middle, with that crap. But Carol Browne is dead BECAUSE of gun control. It's not a stretch, it's not hyperbole, it's real.

I forget his name, but someone calculated the additional deaths in Massachusetts because of gun control laws at around 600.

What a shame.
Hell is adding rooms for people that deny someone the right to defend their life when you can't or won't .
If the poor gal had just gone out and gotten one "Illegally" to defend herself , they probably would have given her a longer sentence than the a-hole who killed her will get.

Maybe there ought be a law that one can immediately get restraining order together with a firearm permit. I hope this changes some Jersey gun laws. Frankly I am surprised that the Courier Post picked up and reported the delayed firearm license in the story.
Immediately you say. Yes, its called 2A. its really simple

Would not the same scenario have played out in 95% of Massachusetts towns? What with the "application process", the "safety course", the "provide two references" and some towns with the "requirement" that you own a business, carry large sums of cash, etc etc...If a woman in Boston, say, Dorchester, Southie, Hyde Park, wherever, were at risk of physical harm and applied, would she not wait forever also? Or is there some "rush" provision if she's under threat that I'm unaware of?..And if she was granted LTC for the "emergency", would they revoke after the emergency "passes" or dies down etc? Upon renewal? ...Just wondering

Hate to be Debbie Downer but this incident shows how bass ackwards we have become. The sheep believe a piece of paper (restraining order) can protect you and that guns are the problem not the solution. Just nuts.....

I grew up there, I'm glad I escaped. I have friends there that I may never see again because I refuse to be a potential victim. I had a friend 20 years ago that owned a couple of clothing stores in Jersey City, carried between $3 & $5k a day in cash daily to the bank, got denied a license 3 times, even after being robbed AT GUNPOINT. WTF???

Would not the same scenario have played out in 95% of Massachusetts towns? What with the "application process", the "safety course", the "provide two references" and some towns with the "requirement" that you own a business, carry large sums of cash, etc etc...If a woman in Boston, say, Dorchester, Southie, Hyde Park, wherever, were at risk of physical harm and applied, would she not wait forever also? Or is there some "rush" provision if she's under threat that I'm unaware of?..And if she was granted LTC for the "emergency", would they revoke after the emergency "passes" or dies down etc? Upon renewal? ...Just wondering

Best case scenario in MA is if the PD's licensing officer was a non douche/good guy it could get submitted via MIRCS immediately but god only knows how long the state would take on the back end. I doubt they would expedite anything. Even under the best of conditions the fastest I've heard of an LTC coming back is like a week.

-Mike

I've often ruminated that if I won the lottery one of the things I would do is start a different RKBA advocacy org that focused in on this issue specifically- a longitudinal study of sorts that basically catalogs all the people who were more or less killed in some proximate way by shitty gun laws- arguing that at least if they had a gun they might have had a fighting chance. There are probably thousands of people in this country (like this poor woman) who have been ****ed over either via state laws/waiting period bullshit, or a false denial or delay under the federal system. (there are thousands of false delays and denials every year under the NICS system, and we know for damned sure that some portion of these people were probably seeking guns for protection and not just for plinking or shooting trap on sundays. ) It would be difficult to accumulate the data but not impossible. One vector would be to find people who were attacked but survived, I'm sure they're out there... it's just that there has never really been a "call" for these kinds of cases.

One of the prolific ones I remember that was MA centric was one of the victims at Edgewater Tech (when that guy with an AK went in and killed a bunch of people) had applied for an MA nonresident license and either got denied or otherwise deterred in some way.

We have "people put in wheelchairs by shitty gun laws" too just like the antis have their "victims" its just that we've never bothered to catalog their tragedies. Obviously there are components to this that are pretty delicate politically, you'd have to do it in such a way that it doesn't come off as purely exploitative.

-Mike

Immediately you say. Yes, its called 2A. its really simple

Exactly.

Police are still looking for the ex-boyfriend. The US Marshall's office has posted a $5K award.

I would not be surprised if the ex is already dead or soon will be, courtesy of the Philly mob. Botta bing, botta boom.

Worse yet is it wasn't just a law that prevented her from purchasing a gun, it was the police NOT following the law as well, and the courts allowing them to. NJ requires the permit to purchase be issued or denied in 30 days. If she applied in April and still did no have it in June, the issuing authority broke the law. This is not surprising as many departments not just routinely, but as policy, violate law because they are not and will not be held accountable, be the the equally corrupt courts care as little as they do about following the law.

All three branches of government are directly responsible for denying this woman her right to self defense and as a result, her life.

"Michael Eitel, 45, was sought in the death of Carol Bowne, 39, hanged himself in the garage of another ex-girlfriend's home sometime after police checked the property Friday night, Camden County Prosecutor's Office reported Saturday.

Investigators believe Eitel snuck in overnight and hanged himself in the garage with a rope while kneeling, according to the prosecutor's office.

Police returned to the Holly Drive home Saturday after the homeowner asked to return. They were checking the home to make sure it was safe for the resident when they found Eitel."

http://www.nj.com/camden/index.ssf/2015/06/berlin_man_sought_in_fatal_stabbing_hanged_himself.html

they make excuses when their policies fail one way, and they make excuses when their policies fail the other way.
These gun grabbers speak out of both sides of their mouths.
They're no friend of the American People, they should be deported to North Korea where they can live in their Utopia.

Back
Top Bottom