Article: N.H. eliminates license requirement to carry concealed gun, effective immedi

Ray Buckley said in a statement. “New Hampshire has imminent issues that need the Governor's attention, but further relaxing the state's notoriously lax gun laws is not one of them.”

Typical dem0crat statement.(bold emphasis is mine)

Anyone know if this applies to non residents in a vehicle, etc? Is it like ME, anything goes? I won't renew my NR, if so. Couldn't find it in the article.

Anyone know if this applies to non residents in a vehicle, etc? Is it like ME, anything goes? I won't renew my NR, if so. Couldn't find it in the article.

GOALs FB post on the topic answered this question a few times (it was asked a few times by FB followers) and GOAL seems to think so.
Maine isn't quite 'anything goes' - Maine is a Duty to Inform state, NH is not. Other than that, Keep Calm and Carry On!

As a MA resident can I legally carry concealed in NH now without any special out of state license?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh snap, I was just thinking about sending in my Non Res application...

Can MA residents purchase guns in NH now?

The ban on being able to buy a pistol out of state is due to federal law. Long guns can be purchased at FFLs however, many (sane) FFLs refuse to do business with residents from states behind the iron curtain due to the complexity of the laws. Perhaps though you could drive up on an election day, click your heals together 3 times and say I live in NH. That is good enough to be able to vote so it seems to me on that day you ought to be able to buy a gun ;)

can i get a $40.00 rebate??? my N.H non res still has 2 years left on it[rofl]

seriously though, congrats to all of you who fought for it.

Last edited:
Don't most states only recognize resident permits? So a NH resident with a LTC can use his permit out of state but a non residents permit is useless? Maybe I am wrong.

That is, unless you plan on visiting other states that might recognize NH permits but not MA permits (there are quite a few of those)...

Don't most states only recognize resident permits? So a NH resident with a LTC can use his permit out of state but a non residents permit is useless? Maybe I am wrong.

Not most states but this is in part correct- a nonres NH P/R license is almost worthless outside of NH. The reciprocity with PA is debatable (because they change their mind every year) although that might be a settled issue at this point... and on top of it, if you are riding on a Utah or FL I don't think the NH P/R license gets you any states that those don't.

-Mike

On the plus side my MA permit works in all the states above MA. lol
Not most states but this is in part correct- a nonres NH P/R license is almost worthless outside of NH. The reciprocity with PA is debatable (because they change their mind every year) although that might be a settled issue at this point... and on top of it, if you are riding on a Utah or FL I don't think the NH P/R license gets you any states that those don't.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom