Article: Katie Couric Gun Control Film Leaves Four-Hour John Lott Interview on Cuttin

Katie says "I support Stephanie's statement and am very proud of this film"

Katie Couric has finally responded to her deceptive editing in the gun control documentary:

[laugh]

The sad thing is, Katie has not actually provided any detailed response to criticism about this "editing decision". All she has ever said in response is "I support Stephanie's statement and am very proud of this film."

NPR has a great commentary piece covering the issue.

NPR said:
This is not deception on a grand scale, but this handling of the interviews with the Virginia gun owners group is clearly unfair and unwarranted.
. . .
Van Cleave, the head of the Virginia gun owners group (Virginia Citizens' Defense League), said he came away from the interview with a largely favorable impression of Couric. He said that her questions were tough but fair, and that she played the devil's advocate but never attacked.

"Nothing in the interview made me think she would do what she did," Van Cleave told NPR. "We've got to be able to trust the press."
Further confirming the naïveté of the Virginia Citizens' Defense League.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I am concerned, John Lott lost all his credibility with the Mary Rosh affair. Just think of the contempt we would have for a "researcher" on the other side of the issue who did the same thing.

Gary Kleck would have been a lot better person to interview, but that wouldn't fit their agenda.

-Mike

I'd do backflips if these pantyliners were prosecuted on felony charges. It's probably unlikely they'll be charged, though.

Never happen. Antis are always given a free pass by BATFE, the worse thing that will happen is BATFE types will tell them "don't do this again or you'll get in trouble". It doesn't fit BATFEs agenda to prosecute antis.

Rosenthal and Bailey admitted to running a straw purchase with a third party from NH, in public IN PRINT in a newspaper article. Nothing happened.

Bloomberg got caught running his own little straw stings using private investigators in various states, and effectively admitted to doing so... nothing happened to him or the people he hired.

I'm sure there's been countless others, as well.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom