Article: Comm2A Challenges Firearms Prohibition for Lawfully Admitted Aliens

That's putting your blinders on. Cambridge and other communities want aliens to have the vote. Who is being the fool? I suspect you are.

It doesn't matter a damn what they want. The Constitution has the final say.

I agree with EC1. I would rather this be a case for citizens to have full rights to firearms like the free states (NH, VT, AZ, etc.), but I hope that within this case, providing the resident aliens will push the aformentioned hope.

I agree with EC1. I would rather this be a case for citizens to have full rights to firearms like the free states (NH, VT, AZ, etc...

Those free states wouldn't be free states if someone would have to show up with a birth certificate to buy a firearm.
Legal aliens have full rights to firearms in all free states (and in most of the other states too heck even in California).

I think it's important to win this case in Mass. - to get a court acknowledge that the stuff Mass is doing is unconstitutinal. More legal battles will follow.

But we can't accept 'gun control' on legal aliens and at the same time demand full rights to firearms like the free states. There is no gun control in free states.

Alas that too is going to the wayside. Soon that will be gone. After all shouldn't they who live here and pay taxes have a say? Alien or not?

I respect the fact that you feel aliens should not have the same rights to an LTC as a citizen. That being said, I have some serious questions for you:

1). If federal court precedent and prevailing constitutional interpretation by people who matter (i.e., the courts, not internet pundits) state that legal resident aliens are, indeed entitled to the same rights, it is correct for the courts to rule in accordance with precedent and law, or should they be making a public policy determination of their own? Judges face this sort of decision when the law, and what they want as public policy, are at odds - which is why we some absolutely bizarre decisions coming from the MA courts.

2). If the state of MA is denying legal residents gun rights that you don't think they should have, but the federal law does, is it appropriate for the MA gun rights organization to use legal process to compel the state to stop blocking federally protected rights, even when you do not agree with those rights?

It is nice to see someone doing the job the NRA should be doing. But i understand, the NRA is too busy mailing letters every 3 days and asking for money every other day and sending me a letter to renew, one month after i already renewed.

Comm2A is local, NRA is national. GOAL takes and has taken my money for years and IMO has done little considering the amount of $$$ they collect and that they have a full time paid director. My cash is going to Comm2A. GOAL provides you with a copy of a bill and says how bad it is. Comm2A is going after the injustice of the system we have. In my book they are not a bunch the AG is looking to want to face in court. As to GOAL well lets say I personally and very disappointed and have been for a long time. But that is just me. I don't want folks to stop donating to GOAL I just choose not too.
Nuh said, again Comm2A great job!!!
Fred

Another donation of $40 on its way today.

Mass AG Files Motion to Dismiss

Last Thursday the Massachusetts AG's office filed a Motion to Dismiss (MTD) In the case Fletcher v. Haas.

This is a good motion to work with and we're looking forward to filing our reply in the next few week..

The state continues to promote an incoherent divergence of it's public policy, which does an admirable job in seeking to integrate immigrants into our society, and and it's regulatory scheme which seeks to deny them fundamental rights.

My favorite part of today's decision is the constitutional history discussion from pages 12-16, including this gem:
The terms “citizen” and “the people” have generally not been treated as synonymous for purposes of constitutional useage.

The one instance in which they were treated as equivalent by the court, Dred Scott v. Sandford, 60 U.S. (19 How.) 393, 404 (1856), was an unfortunate aberration that was subsequently overruled by the enactment of the Fourteenth Amendment.
Tom, I hoped that line put a smile to the face of you guys at Comm2A. Sure did me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom