Article: Comm2A announces Hightower v. Boston Right to Carry case in MA

It's about time Boston's policy of denying it's citizens it's rights. Next up - towns who demand a letter from a doctor.

It's about time Boston's policy of denying it's citizens it's rights. Next up - towns who demand a letter from a doctor.

attachment.php

Attachments

• rolleye-smiley-004.gif
    rolleye-smiley-004.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 975

That would be a ripe challenge. The biggest obstacle here is plaintiffs willing to go the distance. Most people will suck it up and get the letter rather than waiting up to two years for a court to decided in their favor and order the police to issue them an LTC.

As Joe Biden would say- "This is a big ******* deal."

This is the most important case that I ever recall in Massachusetts.

I just donated some money by paypal. It was simple. I will donate more in the future, even though I am broke.

People always complain about the NRA not doing anything. I wonder if those same people will be donating to this extremely important cause.

GOAL? NRA?

anyone seen the NRA?
NRA? wheres GOAL on this ive long suspected collusion between the state, GOAL, and the dealers, after all who benifits from the situation here in the state of Ma. we pay higher prices because of limited supply and little choice while the aforementioned collect our hard earned cash, think about how only GOAL can lobby in the state ? this entire system is a sham and i hope that these cases spearhead some real change in the laws and system here because whats going on here now "aint" working for the law abiding gun owner whos money suports GOAL, the legislature and the FFLs , my bet is that GOAL dose what its told .... sit down and shut up!

GOAL is in a tough spot with regards to litigation.

1. It is tough to litigate against the state and at the same time play nice and ask for deals and concessions from the power brokers who voted in the laws you are fighting in court. Litigation has never been part of their mission.

2. GOAL may need to compromise to get some legislation passed or made less bad. It's tough to compromise on something, and then litigate to try to get the concession you made as part of a deal back. GOAL and Comm2a are on friendly terms, but there is no overlap in organizational leadership, and each operates independently.

3. Litigation co$t$, and you can't fund a federal suit with $30 dues and raffling off a gun or two. Furthermore, it's very dangerous bringing a federal case unless you have the legal and financial resources to fund multiple appeals - particularly when dealing with case that focuses on a point of law, rather than issue of fact. Donations made via NESers and others have been instrumental in funding many of the operational matters for Comm2A and funding some legal activity, however, the support from the SAF is a critical component. I doubt GOAL count fund federal litigation; leave a reserve for any possible appeals; and still have money left over for their other operations.

NRA? wheres GOAL on this ive long suspected collusion between the state, GOAL, and the dealers, after all who benifits from the situation here in the state of Ma. we pay higher prices because of limited supply and little choice while the aforementioned collect our hard earned cash, think about how only GOAL can lobby in the state ? this entire system is a sham and i hope that these cases spearhead some real change in the laws and system here because whats going on here now "aint" working for the law abiding gun owner whos money suports GOAL, the legislature and the FFLs , my bet is that GOAL dose what its told .... sit down and shut up!

While I understand your frustration with the history of gun activism in the state, it's misplaced. GOAL has been nothing if not supportive of Comm2A's efforts. They are a valued partner and part of of the solution. Think of us as two sides of they same coin - they don't do what we do and we don't do what they do. Both jobs need to be done.

Back
Top Bottom