Article: ABC News/Washington Post Poll: Highest Opposition Ever to ‘Assault Weapons’

Which is why the anti's will be doubling down on their efforts to get one passed. Politicians are interested in money lining their pockets, not representing the American people's wishes. They don't give a damn if the money comes from the NRA or Mother's Against Diarrhea. The antis won't stop pushing no matter how many polls there are against an AWB.

Finally a plan to get rid of all these terrible assault weapons. Thanks to the democrats someday we may get to live in that Utopian society that they keep talking about. And once this new gun law is passed all the terrorists, nut jobs and criminals will have to turn in their weapons. Whoopee !!!!!!!!!!! Finally, peace on earth !!!!! The only question left to ask is this, what do we get in place of the assault weapon that we turn in, a puppy or a kitten ?

Last edited:
The problem will always be the same. A lot of people, including politicians and even some gun owners don't know the difference between "Rifle", Assault Rifle", "Assault Weapon" and toaster oven. You never see accurate info delivered to the general public thru the media. Jack.

10 years of the law with no decrease in crime followed by a significant decrease in crime after the law expired.

Facts are stubborn things and people are starting to wade through the fear mongering and propaganda to see these facts.

I have zero faith in the accuracy of any poll, and just slightly more faith in the Amerikan people. That said, I'll continue bitterly clinging to my bible, barbecue & guns, thankyouverymuch.

Poll or no poll, it's pretty apparent to me that gun owners and americans in general have been more interested in "evil looking guns" now than they
ever have been. Their trust in government to "protect them" is slowly eroding, which is a good thing.

-Mike

Poll or no poll, it's pretty apparent to me that gun owners and americans in general have been more interested in "evil looking guns" now than they
ever have been. Their trust in government to "protect them" is slowly eroding, which is a good thing.

-Mike

We "gun nuts" don't have to be convinced, but I think people realize that the risk that disarmament inadvertently weakening the People against Foreign and Domestic threats is greater than those of a nut-job using an AR to commit murder-suicide. Statistically, "assault weapons" just aren't used in assaults, ironically.

There's no such thing as Republicans and Democrats anymore. They occasionally put on a show when there are cameras around, other than that its like pro wrestling- a big, gaudy farce put on for the masses. At the end of the day, theyre sharing a drink and a cigar as they count their money.

The variable gun paradigm:

AR15 in a civilian's hands = Assault Weapon
AR15 in a LEO's hands = Semi-Automatic rifle
AR15 in a Jihadi's hands = You probably did something to deserve it

Back
Top Bottom