• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Arlington Police Lt. suspended for editorial columns - UPDATE

NO, the left is part of the problem. Until leftists a**h***s start getting beaten they will continue their SJW crap because they are being coddled by the Dem Pols and the media. Did you watch the riots in Berkley and Portland with Cops standing around under orders not to interfere? If the cops went in heavy and battled these clowns this shit would stop quickly.

BS. Azzwipes like this clown cause this type of stuff.....we may be in danger...our safety is more important than the safety of the public we're sworn to serve....better kill someone so we can all go home safe...sort it out later

Officer charged with shooting autistic man’s unarmed caregiver

BS. Azzwipes like this clown cause this type of stuff.....we may be in danger...our safety is more important than the public we're sworn to serve....better kill someone so we can all go home safe...sort it out later

Officer charged with shooting autistic man’s unarmed caregiver
Hmm, I guess you hate cops? They have an ever increasingly dangerous job, Pols and the left blame them for doing their jobs and citizens like you lump together the good with the bad. Society is breaking down and we're all the worse for that.

Hmm, I guess you hate cops? They have an ever increasingly dangerous job, Pols and the left blame them for doing their jobs and citizens like you lump together the good with the bad. Society is breaking down and we're all the worse for that.

Ever increasingly dangerous? That must be why statistics show LE duty related injuries decreasing steadily for the last several years. LE is not even in the top 10 most dangerous occupations. Garbage collectors are more likely to be injured on the job but they don't go around expecting everyone to lick their boots for their awesomeness. But....talking points are fun.
Lumping in the good with the bad? Where are the good? Give me an example of them stepping up to try to make the bad better.

Ever increasingly dangerous? That must be why statistics show LE duty related injuries decreasing steadily for the last several years. LE is not even in the top 10 most dangerous occupations. Garbage collectors are more likely to be injured on the job but they don't go around expecting everyone to lick their boots for their awesomeness. But....talking points are fun.
Lumping in the good with the bad? Where are the good? Give me an example of them stepping up to try to make the bad better.
so you REALLY hate cops. Please explain where a cop asked you to lick his/her boots. How many garbage collectors get shot to death on the job? Hmm, they arrest dangerous scum to protect you. I guess the Yarmouth and Weymouth cops were killed by law abiding citizens, the Statie who was almost stabbed to death by the scumbag/carjacker in New Salem a few weeks ago.

Compared to what? To some jobs, sure. Others, not really. In any case, what’s that have to do with anything? If your job is dangerous it’s okay to do whatever you want?

Compared to what? To some jobs, sure. Others, not really. In any case, what’s that have to do with anything? If your job is dangerous it’s okay to do whatever you want?
I was replying to CCW's post that being a cop isn't dangerous and garbage collectors are more likely to be injured on the job, get it? When 's the last time a garbage collector was ambushed and shot to death? I neither like nor dislike cops, I judge them individually like everyone else, treat them w/respect and they treat you w/respect. That said I'm not a criminal, don't drive like a maniac and since my wasted youth haven't had bad interactions w/Cops.. I work on a Military base and interact with AF SP's and DOD cops every day. I spent 2 yrs on Active Duty, 2003/04 on Westover ARB as a member of the Security Force even thou I was an 11B, most of the Cops were good guys/girls but a few were dicks. That's life.

If only that were true.....what a wonderful world it would be

Minneapolis Officer Charged With Murder in Australian Woman’s Death
Guys, hey guys, I think we got a bacon hater here.....
Dude, chill. For the most part cops deal with people at their worst everyday, and the cops have to be on their best. Sometimes they ain't. And shit happens. Should they be charged, with no special protections, HELLS YEAH. But if you are going to act like a ahole to a cop, don't expect them to not be an ahole back.

As far as the editorial by the Arlington LT. I second his opinions. Until the left is shown it's violent intimidation tactics won't work they will continue them and they will increase the violence. They think their tactics are working and if they take the House in the mid terms they will increase their attacks on the Presidents and us and if they don't take the house there will be days of rage coming to our cities and towns.

I was replying to CCW's post that being a cop isn't dangerous and garbage collectors are more likely to be injured on the job, get it?

Well, he’s probably right.

When 's the last time a garbage collector was ambushed and shot to death? I neither like nor dislike cops, I judge them individually like everyone else, treat them w/respect and they treat you w/respect. That said I'm not a criminal, don't drive like a maniac and since my wasted youth haven't had bad interactions w/Cops.. I work on a Military base and interact with AF SP's and DOD cops every day. I spent 2 yrs on Active Duty, 2003/04 on Westover ARB as a member of the Security Force even thou I was an 11B, most of the Cops were good guys/girls but a few were dicks. That's life.

I bet a garbage collector is more likely to be ambushed and shot than security forces on a military base.

Your anecdotal experiences with cops prove nothing.

Still not sure what your point is. How and why is the relevant?

Well, he’s probably right.

I bet a garbage collector is more likely to be ambushed and shot than security forces on a military base.

Your anecdotal experiences with cops prove nothing.

Still not sure what your point is. How and why is the relevant?
Not sure what your point is, are you another cop hater? I'm not trying to PROVE anything except some poster's here have an irrational hatred of cops. Have you been abused by a cop? we're not talking about SP's on a Military Base, we're talking about Cops in American cities and towns. So it's more dangerous to be a garbage collector than a cop in America? Please explain where your hatred of cops comes from and provide specific details/experiences.

Another well reasoned argument.

Why do you hate trash collectors?
Wow, you're starting to sound like a typical liberal, deflect instead of answering simple questions. Again, why do you hate cops or maybe I'm wrong you don't hate cops you just like to argue? I think I made a well reasoned explanation on the subject so please point out your assertion that I haven't made a well reasoned explanation of why I think being a cop is a dangerous job. Since you don't think being a cop is a dangerous job please explain why? according to this website 122 cops have died in the line of duty this year, no stats on garbage collectors thou. I don't hate garbage collectors, they just stink. get it?

For what its worth I do think we should differentiate the difference between dying in an accident at work and being murdered at work.

This is thought to be a complete list of NH line-of-duty deaths.
At best 27 out of 48 were "murder-ish".

(All of the heart attacks gobsmacked me when I first saw the list).

New Hampshire Line of Duty Deaths

Total Line of Duty Deaths: 48

17 Gunfire
12 Heart attack [6 after exertion during arrest]
10 Automobile crash [Some while responding, but only one possibly during pursuit]
2 Assault [Axed by irate husband while wife moving out; CO beat to death with a cribbage board]
2 Struck by train [Backed over their car at an unsignaled crossing]
1 Duty related illness [Stroke while hiking to check duck hunters]
1 Exposure to toxins [Range officer - lead exposure!]
1 Motorcycle crash [Car changed lanes into him]
1 Stabbed [CO shived by a prisoner]
1 Vehicular assault [Hit by drunk while investigating an MVA]​

so you REALLY hate cops. Please explain where a cop asked you to lick his/her boots. How many garbage collectors get shot to death on the job? Hmm, they arrest dangerous scum to protect you. I guess the Yarmouth and Weymouth cops were killed by law abiding citizens, the Statie who was almost stabbed to death by the scumbag/carjacker in New Salem a few weeks ago.

Last time I got pulled over: "Do you know how fast you're going?" "No, not really." "THAT'S NO, SIR!!!" I then got a ticket for driving at 41 in a 30 even though officer friendly could obviously see I hadn't had a citation in over 20 years. Maybe if I'd complied with his demands to lick his boots and grovel over his automatic awesomeness due to his chosen profession I would have received a warning. It's like a bully on the playground. When they feel disrespected over nothing they lash out.
How many garbage collectors get shot to death on the job? Very few if any I bet. But...What does it matter how your injury occurred when you're killed? You're still just as dead. Some people like yourself prefer to enter a discussion with emotionally charged rhetoric while ignoring the facts. That's liberal debating 101 and you fit the bill perfectly as can be seen right here. I prefer to discuss the facts. The facts are that LE has become less dangerous over the last several years, LE is not even in the top 10 most dangerous jobs, and garbage collectors are more likely to be injured on the job than cops. Is a cop's job more frightening than a garbage collector? Sure....but that doesn't make it any more dangerous

The Top 10 Most Dangerous Jobs in America

The 34 most dangerous jobs in America

Guys, hey guys, I think we got a bacon hater here.....
Dude, chill. For the most part cops deal with people at their worst everyday, and the cops have to be on their best. Sometimes they ain't. And shit happens. Should they be charged, with no special protections, HELLS YEAH. But if you are going to act like a ahole to a cop, don't expect them to not be an ahole back.

The "special protections" are the problem. ND into the floor of a restaurant playing show and tell with your loaded gun? Well no harm/no foul. I'm sorry we interrupted your lunch, sir. Shoot a woman in the hip with a .50 mistaking he for a deer and ruining her life? No problemo. Blowing an innocent man's head off with your M-4 as he lies spread eagle on the floor of his house and compliant? Well....just an unfortunate accident. I hope you enjoyed your paid vacation. Welcome back to work.

For what its worth I do think we should differentiate the difference between dying in an accident at work and being murdered at work.

How much is that worth to the dead people and their families? Of course the dead cop is worth more than anyone else. When was the last time you saw a news story about a garbage collector being injured? How about streets blocked off, up to the minute news coverage, and a parade for a garbage collector's funeral? Ever seen that?

The "special protections" are the problem. ND into the floor of a restaurant playing show and tell with your loaded gun? Well no harm/no foul. I'm sorry we interrupted your lunch, sir. Shoot a woman in the hip with a .50 mistaking he for a deer and ruining her life? No problemo. Blowing an innocent man's head off with your M-4 as he lies spread eagle on the floor of his house and compliant? Well....just an unfortunate accident. I hope you enjoyed your paid vacation. Welcome back to work.
None of what you state had anything to do with the articles. That is MY point. His articles arguments were correct. And had nothing to do with individual incidents of police special privileges.

So when you go to work and have to strap on body armor, a weapon with 3 spare mags, handcuffs, a baton, mace and a stun gun and drive a vehicle equipped w/a long gun you don't have a dangerous job? I don't know what your definition is of danger but that sure qualifies for me. CCW, you got pulled over by some dick head cop who was on a power trip, you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. You should have appealed the ticket. Do you stop going out to eat because you were waited on by some snippy waiter or waitress?

None of what you state had anything to do with the articles. That is MY point. His articles arguments were correct. And had nothing to do with individual incidents of police special privileges.

It has everything to do with it. The cop in the article is encouraging blanket escalation of force because he thinks a cop's safety is more important than anyone else's because of their chosen profession. That gets innocent people killed.

So when you go to work and have to strap on body armor, a weapon with 3 spare mags, handcuffs, a baton, mace and a stun gun and drive a vehicle equipped w/a long gun you don't have a dangerous job? I don't know what your definition is of danger but that sure qualifies for me. CCW, you got pulled over by some dick head cop who was on a power trip, you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. You should have appealed the ticket. Do you stop going out to eat because you were waited on by some snippy waiter or waitress?

Please quote the post where I said LE is not a dangerous job. Hint: you can't. I said it's not as dangerous as you imply and not even in the top 10.
I got pulled over by the every day run of the mill cop. It's who most of them are. I did appeal the ticket and I won as a matter of fact. That doesn't make the cop less of an a hole for citing me because he felt butt hurt over not hearing sir at the end of an answer.
I know a few cops well. All are older and dreaming of retirement. They agree that most of their coworkers are egotistical a holes- especially they young ones with the god complex. Have you ever had an honest personal discussion with a cop? I know one who's typical day is sitting in the cruiser doing absolutely nothing other than playing video games on the phone about 75-80% of the time. The danger they face is about as prevalent as Elizabeth Warren's Indian blood.

Last edited:
It has everything to do with it. The cop in the article is encouraging blanket escalation of force because he thinks a cop's safety is more important than anyone else's because of their chosen profession. That gets innocent people killed.
Meeting force with equal force is not escalation...... and I stand by what I said earlier. Don't start no shit there don't be no shit. If you act like a dick to a person, cop or not, expect to be treated like a dick. Simple equation.
Question for you: Is a cop an authority figure or not? Are they employed with the intent of enforcing the law or not?

If you act like a dick to a person, cop or not, expect to be treated like a dick. Simple equation.

The average person fears the rule of law should they react to dickish behavior with violence. Enforcing the law should not include breaking the law, and meeting disrespect with assault is still assault no matter if you're a regular guy or a cop. or. That's how it SHOULD be anyways.

Back
Top Bottom