• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Arlington Police Lt. suspended for editorial columns - UPDATE

The columns written by Mr. Pedrini in the Sentinel newsletter directly contradict the values, morals and mission statement of the Arlington Police Department

Translation: Arlington is going to roll over for any d-bag that decides to scream and destroy crap.

Remember when Hillary's Husband was president and this crap didn't happen - in fact the federales gave $ to hire new police officers to crack heads and get neighborhoods in line?? Where is that guy today????

Well, he ain't wrong.

No? Forget about deescalation? Just go ahead and escalate until someone is under control or dead...as long as the hero gets home at the end of the shift. The primary concern should always be officer safety and everyone is a threat. One size fits all. Forget about any rational critical thinking.
This POS is part of the problem.

“It’s time we forget about ‘restraint,’ ‘measured responses,’ ‘procedural justice,’ ‘de-escalation,’ ‘stigma-reduction,’ and other feel-good BS that is getting our officers killed.

I’m going to say, F-this guy. He was either quoted out of context or has the ability of a 10 year old to communicate his thoughts.

No? Forget about deescalation? Just go ahead and escalate until someone is under control or dead...as long as the hero gets home at the end of the shift. The primary concern should always be officer safety and everyone is a threat. One size fits all. Forget about any rational critical thinking.
Don't start no shit, there wont be no shit.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2plo4FOgIU

I am no fan boy for the cops, God knows I have had my differences with them but for Arlington PD to sanction him is complete BS.

He is entitled to his opinion, and it is pretty clear to me that he was stating a PERSONAL opinion and was not representing the position of his department.

What is even more problematic, and IMHO disgusting, is the MPA tossed him under the bus.

As for what he said, I have to agree with him.

One of the funniest guys I ever knew ( RIP Jim) was an Arlington PD Detective and Prosecutor.

He told some funny stories and was quite opinionated.... he told me he was summonsed to a Judges chambers after he rolled his eyes when a local lowlife was crying he had no money for bail and he wanted out on P.R.

The Judge wanted an explanation for his behavior and Jim let him know that the kids sneakers and jacket cost more than he made in a week.

The kid was held on 10K cash after that...

I must ask, why is he a POS?

NO, the left is part of the problem. Until leftists a**h***s start getting beaten they will continue their SJW crap because they are being coddled by the Dem Pols and the media. Did you watch the riots in Berkley and Portland with Cops standing around under orders not to interfere? If the cops went in heavy and battled these clowns this shit would stop quickly.

Richard Pedrini
“I am sick and tired of the social justice warriors telling us how to do our jobs,” he wrote in one of three “Man on the Street” columns. “It’s time we forget about ‘restraint,’ ‘measured responses,’ ‘procedural justice,’ ‘de-escalation,’ ‘stigma-reduction,’ and other feel-good BS that is getting our officers killed. Let’s stop lip-synching, please! Let’s meet violence with violence and get the job done.”

He is not wrong.

NO, the left is part of the problem. Until leftists a**h***s start getting beaten they will continue their SJW crap because they are being coddled by the Dem Pols and the media. Did you watch the riots in Berkley and Portland with Cops standing around under orders not to interfere? If the cops went in heavy and battled these clowns this shit would stop quickly.

I'm actually more scared of the violent left these days than any radical right. The once peaceful left have finally figured out how to use their fists, and just like a child with a new toy, they are quick to show them off to little to no reason. That being said, it is no one side's fault. The fault lies in our inability as a whole to debate. We've collectively lost the ability to listen to opposition's points and then calmly counter if we disagree. What you have now is a quick "F-U" and violence instead of debate. And that's because no one wants to actually learn anything or challenge the opposition on an intellectual level. They just want hyper bi-partisan values and a call to arms if you disagree. Each side blames the other for escalation, and LE are getting caught in the middle of the mess. I kind of feel bad for LE having to tip toe around modern sensitivity and do their jobs at the same time. However, this one guy is taking the wrong approach in his writings. I mean, when does it ever make sense for a police officer to say fight violence with violence? You protect the public and uphold the law with proper force, including deadly force if necessary, but calling the police's own actions "violence" is just asking for trouble.

Damn I'd like to send that Officer a dozen donuts and a DD gift card for coffee

"Back on December 7th, 1941,
a caravan of Japanese planes tried this in Hawaii. We shot at them. Hell, we didn’t even
suspend posse comitatus. The famed Japanese Admiral Yamamoto once said, “You cannot
invade the mainland United States. There would a rifle behind every blade of grass.” How
times have changed. Today, we’d let them land on our airstrips. "

he seems like a good writer to me. there should be no basis for punishment here. it’s an honest opinion from someone with experience on the topic. i dont agree with all of it but so what he doesnt deserve a punishment.

Richard Pedrini
“I am sick and tired of the social justice warriors telling us how to do our jobs,” he wrote in one of three “Man on the Street” columns. “It’s time we forget about ‘restraint,’ ‘measured responses,’ ‘procedural justice,’ ‘de-escalation,’ ‘stigma-reduction,’ and other feel-good BS that is getting our officers killed. Let’s stop lip-synching, please! Let’s meet violence with violence and get the job done.”

He is not wrong.

He makes some good points but that last sentence bothers me. "....Let’s meet violence with violence and get the job done." I hope he's not promoting a more violent police force. Everyone is already considered a threat by the police so one perceived false move by a cop with a big ego could end badly for someone, like it has in many instances in other parts of the country.

I read the the three “Man on the Street “ dissertations that we’re rather impassioned. He spoke the truth and I have no problem with what was said. As he stated he was addressing his brothers and sisters in a very dangerous and non forgiving profession. We bitch about the liberal pols in this state penalizing our 2nd amendment rights and LE officials are dying because of the same stupidity and he called it spot on. Good guys are bad and bad guys are good.
I don’t think that he was encouraging indiscriminate violence but was acknowledging that violence is usually quelled by the stronger foe.
So be it,,, I’ll buy him a cup o’ joe

Last edited:
"I'm actually more scared of the violent left these days than any radical right. The once peaceful left have finally figured out how to use their fists, and just like a child with a new toy, they are quick to show them off to little to no reason. That being said, it is no one side's fault. The fault lies in our inability as a whole to debate."*****
That's because the left has been radicalized and believes anyone who doesn't agree with them is an evil Fascist. Witness the "Resist" movement and the Dems reaction to Trumps victory. They firmly believe we are all evil racists and they are moral and just. They champion every loser and freak in society and demonize Conservatives. I keep telling them to be careful what you wish for, violence will not end well for them.

Back
Top Bottom