• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Arlington Police Lt. suspended for editorial columns - UPDATE

Meeting force with equal force is not escalation...... and I stand by what I said earlier. Don't start no shit there don't be no shit. If you act like a dick to a person, cop or not, expect to be treated like a dick. Simple equation.
Question for you: Is a cop an authority figure or not? Are they employed with the intent of enforcing the law or not?

You can stand by your incorrect statement from earlier as much as you please and I can continue to cite examples that show you're wrong all day long.

Leibel suffered scrapes and bruises from the incident. He also badly injured his ankle needing surgery, the claim said.

After the incident, the Leibel family through an attorney sent Buckeye Police Chief Larry Hall a letter with three requests: (1) Grossman apologize face to face (2) Grossman perform community service in the autism community (3) Buckeye institutes autism training for officers.

Family of teen with autism files $5 million claim against Buckeye police for park incident

Question for you: Is a cop an authority figure or not? Are they employed with the intent of enforcing the law or not?

I'm not sure what these questions have to do with improper escalation of force but the answers are yes and yes. So now what then? Some autistic guy acting funny while walking in a park tells a cop to efff off and since the cop is an authority figure he can go ahead and kick the shat out of that person? Simple equation-right?

You can stand by your incorrect statement from earlier as much as you please and I can continue to cite examples that show you're wrong all day long.

Family of teen with autism files $5 million claim against Buckeye police for park incident

I'm not sure what these questions have to do with improper escalation of force but the answers are yes and yes. So now what then? Some autistic guy acting funny while walking in a park tells a cop to efff off and since the cop is an authority figure he can go ahead and kick the shat out of that person? Simple equation-right?
You seem to cherry pick every incident involving a bad cop to tar and feather the whole law enforcement community. So the riots in Berkely and Portland didn't escalate because the cops either stood by and did nothing or in Portland's case the Mayor refused to deploy the Police? Why is the Antifa still causing chaos? Because the authorities haven't cracked down on them and made them pay a steep price for their violent behavior. Jesus, so you want to disband law enforcement because you encountered a dickhead cop. You seem to be very sensitive to minor slights.

"You can stand by your incorrect statement from earlier as much as you please and I can continue to cite examples that show you're wrong all day long."
To deescalate a potentially violent situation quickly you go in w/a massive show of force, basic crowd control 101. Example is the Boston PD on the common recently with the white nationalist and the counter protestors, they exact opposite of what happened in Berkely and Portland/Seattle. Once you let the mobs know that violence won't be tolerated they disperse and go home.

Again, cherry picking data. People can be stupid IN EVERY PROFESSION. You can't blame EVERY COP for one idiots stupidity. And as I stated before, if they were ALL CHARGED for their stupidity to the full extent, it would likely weed out and prevent those idiots for becoming cops or staying cops. Cops interact with many citizens everyday. Some of those are belligerent, drug addled aholes.....
If they are authority figures, why would you pick a fight to begin with? Should you not just yes sir, no sir them to death, if you are an upstanding citizen that is not acting in a criminal manner? Isn't that the path of least resistance? Again, don't start no shit.....
And to ad to that, I'm not a cop, but you act like a dick to me, I will put you on your ass. I was taught to treat others as you wish to be treated, and KARMA can come at your ass REAL QUICK.

I guess I'm puzzled.

I know a bunch of cops. Hell, my uncle was the fricking chief in my home town. (Good for getting out of tickets as a yute) Some of the members here are cops past, present or future. Almost to a man, they're decent, fair people. Except for that one... you know who you are, bastich...

Yet we have daily youtube videos SHOWING the most appalling behavior up to and including shooting kids that are clearly, even to a civilian with no specialized training, just a little autistic or challenged in some way.

I'm glad I picked lawn mowing for a career and not law enforcement... It's confusing enough trying to avoid kids baseballs and Fido's land mines.

Last edited:
Didn't read all the discussion but I read the article.

As an officer myself I think the current climate is dangerous for officers and Civs a like. A lot of good officers feel like doing more than the bare minimum is just not worth it anymore. This is less so in the rural areas, but in the city most officers are showing up to calls and not much else. Not worth the hassle or the exposure and that means people are less safe.

That is one thing... the other is it creates hesitation.. hesitation will get you killed.

Last edited:
To deescalate a potentially violent situation quickly you go in w/a massive show of force, basic crowd control 101. Example is the Boston PD on the common recently with the white nationalist and the counter protestors, they exact opposite of what happened in Berkely and Portland/Seattle. Once you let the mobs know that violence won't be tolerated they disperse and go home.

To be fair, those "white nationalists" were free speech advocates, prominent among them a gay Jewish immigrant and brown skinned immigrant married to a Jewish woman... But yeah, sound logic and that's what should be happening in blue cities where the violence (as usual) comes from masked mobs of leftists.

Not everything has to be so black and white. You can criticize police tactics and general law enforcement trends without being a "cop-hater". The danger that comes with the job is an irrelevant response to an argument towards increasing citizens' safety in routine police encounters. It's a dangerous job but last I checked nobody forces anyone to be a cop....or a soldier....the danger that is an inherent part of the job cannot be a silencing tool for any legitimate criticism. Debate the criticism itself without the lazy attempt to shut the conversation down with "but the job is dangerous!"

I respect law enforcement. I can name the encounters I've had with prick POs on maybe 3 fingers while I dont have enough fingers/toes to count the good ones. Most cops are good people and upstanding public servants. Still, saying screw de-escalation techniques and meeting force with force is some straight up totalitarian bullshit mentality. A lot of people just applaud it because the target is the looney left but down the road the definition of "violent protester" may change....to say gun rights advocates.....scary gun nuts who actually carry their guns.....an act that endangers POs lives.....see where this can go?

People, even crybaby soyboy whiney protesters, should not fear law enforcement and minimal force should always be the goal, despite not being option in certain situations. I shouldn't have to refer to a cop as "Sir" under intimidation of receiving a violation otherwise. Those dbag chest pumping cops (or replace cops with "human beings") exist and they should be shamed for the clowns they are, especially from their colleagues The good ones that outnumber them should be respected and dealt with politely. Simple as that.

This guy said some truth, said some idiotic things, but I don't think he should have lost his job. It's an opinion....have a dialogue with the guy instead of just canning him like society has just been purged of all bad ideas.

The response is hysterical. Got pulled over with my friend in Arlington, 2 blocks from his house. I think I jinxed us. Just before we left, he told me that he had forgotten to renew his DL. To boot, his sister-in-law let the inspection sticker expire. Cruiser was next to us. Lit him up. For an inspector sticker and expired license, they responded with 5 cruisers and a patty wagon.
They are so bored in Arlington that the maximize the escalation on minor crap.

The response is hysterical. Got pulled over with my friend in Arlington, 2 blocks from his house. I think I jinxed us. Just before we left, he told me that he had forgotten to renew his DL. To boot, his sister-in-law let the inspection sticker expire. Cruiser was next to us. Lit him up. For an inspector sticker and expired license, they responded with 5 cruisers and a patty wagon.
They are so bored in Arlington that the maximize the escalation on minor crap.

Earlier this year, I got pulled over in Wayland for an expired registration. I thought I had renewed it, but clearly I had forgotten. It was around 9 PM at night. I was pulled over by a single female officer. No backup responded. She let me renew my registration online using my phone, waited until I did that and showed her the confirmation email from RMV, then gave me a written warning.

I have lived in town for decades, I’m a 50-something white male with no police record, and I was respectful and cooperative, so that may have contributed to the low-key response.

@nobody was banned for exactly that reason, 5 years ago.

He called @drgrant an "unmentionable" waist over a disagreement concerning a Pulp Fiction quote.

Whoops. Sorry. I thought I was in Baseless Lies.
Schriver was banned for being consistently miserable and nasty if that's who you are referring to. He was warned multiple times and suspended but couldn't change.

Schriver was banned for being consistently miserable and nasty if that's who you are referring to. He was warned multiple times and suspended but couldn't change.

I remember the Scriv well. @Bill Katt once caught him in a misteak regarding the Beverly Hillbillies. Once.

Scriv was born and bred a*****e, but if you're in firearm related legal trouble, ring him up. Just wear your asbestos unmentionables.

However, I was just making a wisecrack based in part on the Family Circus.

content.php

some of the funniest on duty stories I ever hard was from an acquaintance that was an Arlington PD Detective/Prosecutor

a U S Marine that joined the department after his discharge during the Vietnam era.

I don't think his particular brand of humor/opinion would have gone over well in this SJW environment.

Jim has been gone for a while now, but I will always remember him as a good cop and funny guy.

I don't know how those of you that are out there on the streets are doing it, I know I could not.

The second restorative circle jerk will be scheduled in March. The ultimate goal of this effort is to restore the harm caused by Lt. Pedrini, chart a path for his return to work (outcome pre determined) that provides him an opportunity to learn and grow from the incident (absolve him of all guilt) and allows the Town to begin to rebuild the trust (lie to your face and avoid being sued) that was lost as a result of the incident.

Representatives from various community groups, including the Arlington Human Rights Commission, will be asked to participate in this second restorative circle and contribute to this important dialogue. The Town is also soliciting the submission of community statements describing the harm that was caused by Pedrini’s writings so that they can be shared with him as part of the restorative circle process. Community statements can be submitted using a Google form available here: bitly.com/PedriniRJCircle. Statements will be collected, organized, and shared in the second restorative circle by representatives of the Arlington Human Rights Commission. The deadline for submitting a statement is Wednesday, March 6th.

Wow - couldn't they just have put him in the stocks in the public square so that everyone could throw rotten vegetables at him during the day and then come by and bugger him during the night? JFC. What a total load of horse manure.

That memo was a complete facepalm ‍♂️

“Solicit” the community to write in? Seriously? Let’s make him walk the plank into shark infested waters then carry his half eaten corpse back to mop the poop deck while we’re at it.

Arlington Human Rights Commission

Yeah. That's a-hole speak for "I care about something deeply, but nearly as deeply as I care about being in charge." The seven thousand other "human rights" organizations aren't enough?? What total toolbags. Reminds me of the guy at the book signing in Twelve Monkeys. "Thank you for your talk, I wonder if you are familiar with my work on the subject." WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! LOL

Back
Top Bottom