• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are you buying a gun line?Well

This weekend has brought to light an annoying situation. Going to a store and being asked “ Are you buying a gun? If so get in this line or take a number.”. Well “I don’t know, I want to look at one you have for sale”. And response is “You don’t know if you want a gun or not?” Well, “You advertised a used Gun for sale and I’d like to look at it”. And response “ Why do you need to look at it if you already know what it is”?
WTF?
Let me guess....4 season?

Of course its arrogant, I think the problem is OP assumed the store would "act normal" on the busiest day of the
year, but instead FS employees are more like "not sure if serious, its tax free and you dont know what you want? git!" etc. Their mindset was triaging customers to pump them in and out the door not full on customer
service, etc. Is it acceptable? no... but I know why it happened. Most of FS customer base are mega skinflints (half their customers will drive like 70 miles just to screw their LGS out of $25 on a new gun price, lmao) and most of them will put up with bologna sandwiches if they get the skinflint price on something. If one wants the towel attendant/grey poupon service, its best not to go in when the place is mobbed. Someone is not going to get the level of attention desired during those times. If it was me I would have popped an email off to carl like "this employee told me this... Wtf?" and chances are Carl would have rectified the issue in some way.

-Mike
We've had this discussion in the past. I always find it amusing when people come here and state they saved $75 on a bread and butter hand gun at fs. The first things that pop into my head are

1. How far did you drive to save $75? (gas)
2. How long were you there? (time)
3. Did you enjoy the deli line?

Honestly my time is generally worth more than the gas money.

I get that he has a great business model to keep prices lower than competitors. That's great. I just tend to look the entire purchasing experience and don't find any added value in driving to Woburn and standing in that line to save $75.

Last edited:
View attachment 298320

Yet another Butt hurt thread.....

Only been in Four Seasons twice in my life, it just wasn't conveneint for me, but I'd walk out of any gun shop that did that to me or if it happened to anyone with me or anyone I knew.
The two times I was there I wasn't impressed with the attitude of the help.

I get that he has a great business model to keep prices lower than competitors. That's great. I just tend to look the entire purchasing experience and don't find any added value in driving to Woburn and standing in that line to save $75.
I live within walking distance and won't do it.

The deli ticket machine was Carl's attempt to solve the butt-hurt issues raised here on NES. People stood around and were bypassed by people that came in after them, but since they never spoke up they just assumed that it was the FS staff responsibility to KNOW who was next. So Carl installed the ticket machine in an attempt to solve that problem. End result lots of people pissed off at having to take a ticket if they want to buy a gun.

FWIW, I saw a similar deli ticket machine at the gun counter in BassPro (this was before they screwed GOAL and the ladie's fashion show, haven't been back since then). Supermarkets have used them for many years to avoid problems. I don't see the big deal but many here aren't happy unless they can be butt-hurt about something.

When I had business up in that area I was a frequent buyer at FS. I have enough toys now and not enough time to play with them and don't travel up that way during FS open hours, so don't typically go there anymore.

What a bunch of butt hurt.

I've bought a few guns at 4S and never, not once needed a deli ticket.
it's only usually out xmas, holiday sales, special promos and tax free weekend. i wasn't there this weekend but he said in the newsletter to take a number if you were buying a gun.

I know this thread ended up not being about FS, but seeing as it is mostly about FS [laugh]. As already mentioned, I was there on Saturday, and although I missed the just opened rush, it went very smooth when I was there. Guy at the door just asked if I was buying a gun and to take a ticket. Bought some raffle tickets and got the wife a T-Shirt (they didn't have any fat guy sizes). Was in and out and bought the gun I wanted. There was a guy in front of me that had a ticket, didn't end up buying a gun after he looked at it, not a big deal and they didn't bring him out back and beat him for it.

I live about 15 mins from FS without traffic. I have bought a few guns from them, I try not to go on weekends just because it's kind of busy, but I wouldn't travel to go there. I see deals at some gun shops that are an hour away for me, never even crosses my mind that I would drive there for that deal. Different story if I was going to be in the area.

I remember years ago on Black Friday, when CCG was at Main and Montvale, they would go outside and walk down the line of people down the street and if you were buying a gun they would pull you out of line and let you in the shop ahead of the people that were not. If I remember right, they would also give tickets, and then come out and get the next couple of people buying guns.

Last edited:
What a bunch of butt hurt.

I've bought a few guns at 4S and never, not once needed a deli ticket.

LOL...

Only been there twice, needed a deli ticket both times. FWIW, the people who helped me were fantastic. I did see a slightly older grumpy guy with another customer, but his demeanor was not out of character for Boston metro and nowhere past a '5' on the 1-10 Ma**h*** scale.

The deli ticket machine was Carl's attempt to solve the butt-hurt issues raised here on NES. People stood around and were bypassed by people that came in after them, but since they never spoke up they just assumed that it was the FS staff responsibility to KNOW who was next. So Carl installed the ticket machine in an attempt to solve that problem. End result lots of people pissed off at having to take a ticket if they want to buy a gun.

FWIW, I saw a similar deli ticket machine at the gun counter in BassPro (this was before they screwed GOAL and the ladie's fashion show, haven't been back since then). Supermarkets have used them for many years to avoid problems. I don't see the big deal but many here aren't happy unless they can be butt-hurt about something.

When I had business up in that area I was a frequent buyer at FS. I have enough toys now and not enough time to play with them and don't travel up that way during FS open hours, so don't typically go there anymore.

U saying gun buyers are, in fact, a bunch of snowflakes?

We've had this discussion in the past. I always find it amusing when people come here and state they saved $75 on a bread and butter hand gun at fs. The first things that pop into my head are

1. How far did you drive to save $75? (gas)
2. How long were you there? (time)
3. Did you enjoy the deli line?

Honestly my time is generally worth more than the gas money.

This...

I have nothing bad to say about FS, other than they sell overpriced 20 year old glocks, and if you buy one your getting hosed. But guys out my way rave about FS. And all what wacko mentioned above rings true.

Then I tell them I bought mine at Grabagun for $75 cheaper and picked it up on my lunch hour 10 mins away with no lines/waiting and still time to grab a bit to eat after.

The reality is there are no good gun shops out my way in north central. And me driving 1.5 hours into a shit show of Boston traffic for a few bucks on a gun is NEVER happening.

And my local transfer station Pullman arms is a fantastic business to deal with, never busy always quick and easy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom