• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are you buying a gun line?Well

Knob Creek

NES Member
This weekend has brought to light an annoying situation. Going to a store and being asked “ Are you buying a gun? If so get in this line or take a number.”. Well “I don’t know, I want to look at one you have for sale”. And response is “You don’t know if you want a gun or not?” Well, “You advertised a used Gun for sale and I’d like to look at it”. And response “ Why do you need to look at it if you already know what it is”?
WTF?

If it is FS, I never had an experience like that. They ask if you are buying a gun, just say yes and take a ticket. Then you get service when your number is called. If you decide not to buy the gun, no problem just don't buy the gun.

This weekend has brought to light an annoying situation. Going to a store and being asked “ Are you buying a gun? If so get in this line or take a number.”. Well “I don’t know, I want to look at one you have for sale”. And response is “You don’t know if you want a gun or not?” Well, “You advertised a used Gun for sale and I’d like to look at it”. And response “ Why do you need to look at it if you already know what it is”?
WTF?
was the salesman named Don?

WTF?
tax free weekend is not for lookey loos at FS... [laugh]

I always take advantage of the tax holiday and buy some workboots..This is the first new boots in 2 years because they didn't have tax free last year.
boots don't fall under clothing exemption? this friggan state

anyone remember the old registry in reading back in the day before mail in renewals and you had to get a new photo every license renewal? you had to take a number and wait to be called up for you photo? this reminded me of an experience i saw when people couldn't wait any longer in line but had a good number that was probably gonna be called in the next half hour or so, people with really high numbers were fighting each other to buy those primo numbers to get back to work. i saw cash change hands that day...there was a mini black market on deli tickets. this thread brought back that memory.

anyone remember the old registry in reading back in the day before mail in renewals and you had to get a new photo every license renewal? you had to take a number and wait to be called up for you photo? this reminded me of an experience i saw when people couldn't wait any longer in line but had a good number that was probably gonna be called in the next half hour or so, people with really high numbers were fighting each other to buy those primo numbers to get back to work. i saw cash change hands that day...there was a mini black market on deli tickets. this thread brought back that memory.

I do remember taking the numbers in Reading. But even further back, there used to be a line in the Malden registry out the door and down the street. You would think they were giving away free stuff instead of taking all your money.

Only good thing I have to say is the one time I went there, I met our very own K-dub. Bloodhound was a member too, maybe it is Carl?

Knowing how 4S rolls, not my cup of tea but I understand how they were running things for an event such as tax free weekend. However, the comment "Why do you need to look at it if you already know what it is?" regarding a USED gun has to be one of the most completely F-ing arrogant retailer comments I have ever heard of.

upload_2019-8-18_23-30-55.jpeg upload_2019-8-18_23-31-6.jpeg

Knowing how 4S rolls, not my cup of tea but I understand how they were running things for an event such as tax free weekend. However, the comment "Why do you need to look at it if you already know what it is?" regarding a USED gun has to be one of the most completely F-ing arrogant retailer comments I have ever heard of.

Of course its arrogant, I think the problem is OP assumed the store would "act normal" on the busiest day of the
year, but instead FS employees are more like "not sure if serious, its tax free and you dont know what you want? git!" etc. Their mindset was triaging customers to pump them in and out the door not full on customer
service, etc. Is it acceptable? no... but I know why it happened. Most of FS customer base are mega skinflints (half their customers will drive like 70 miles just to screw their LGS out of $25 on a new gun price, lmao) and most of them will put up with bologna sandwiches if they get the skinflint price on something. If one wants the towel attendant/grey poupon service, its best not to go in when the place is mobbed. Someone is not going to get the level of attention desired during those times. If it was me I would have popped an email off to carl like "this employee told me this... Wtf?" and chances are Carl would have rectified the issue in some way.

-Mike

Carl is used to people coming in any saying "I want the ... on the used gun list", inspecting it, and then buying it or not. I fact, he will hold any used gun for a couple of days on a "come in and check it out, no obligation" basis. Hardly the "do you want it or not?" approach. Sometimes he needs to corral his people and telling gun people what to do can be like herding cats.

Back
Top Bottom