Are you a Karen or a Dickhead?

The line at fs guns will into the parking lot and around the corner I'm sure.

I bought luggage at Kohl’s (…Ghey, I know… 🙄) but my +20 year old luggage was on its last legs

$279.99 Retail
- 40% sale
- $5 Kohl’s cash for Amazon return
- 35% for opening a store card
———————
$98 out the door
(No 6.25% sales tax)

44F68EAB-1DD2-4B58-B5B0-9199F3A57F7D.jpeg

I guess I don’t get your math. I rounded to 16% but really it’s 16.25% (10% discount + I’m not paying the 6.25% sales tax).
I can see how you would think that way, at first blush, but HarryPottar is correct in that the real discount is closer to 15.4% not 16%.

Assume purchases of accessories worth $1,000. You would be paying the 6.25% on the $1,000 of course.

So, non-tax free weekend you pay $1,062.50. But, you cannot count getting the 10% discount then, because you did not transact then.

So, you now come to the tax free weekend and you pay only $900 (10 % off cost of items and no sales tax). You really need to compare the $1,062.50 to the $900 to get the full and correct picture. This is ~ a 15.3% discount.

In any event, you done well for yourself. Good work!

Last edited:
It was myself and one other guy over at collectors in Stoneham yesterday.
I mentioned fs for a reason.....its skinflint central. They have customers that will stand in line for over an hour and deal with thr deli counter to save $20 on a bread and butter hand gun. I can only assume the line on tax free weekend would bring the cheapskates to fs in droves over 6.25% tax savings.

I bought luggage at Kohl’s (…Ghey, I know… 🙄) but my +20 year old luggage was on its last legs

$279.99 Retail
- 40% sale
- $5 Kohl’s cash for Amazon return
- 35% for opening a store card
———————
$98 out the door
(No 6.25% sales tax)

View attachment 512917

I love kohl's. They mark everything at a ridiculous price then show it at some ridiculous discount. You got a decent price, but most people think that 40% discount is real. It's not.

And you still overpaid lol. Kohls is notorious for outrageously overpriced goods that are sold “on sale” for what you think is a crazy discount until you actually compare the item to other retailers.

man, I would have felt pretty stupid had I bought the same size luggage… fortunately, I bought a larger size than the 21” carry on, so I guess it worked out to be an ok deal…

You’re gonna make someone a fine wife someday though, nit-picking and trying to crap on everything and trying to find the flaws in what a guy does…

I think I am doing this MA no sales tax thing wrong because I bought a rifle in NH. [rofl]

I got caught in the Macy’s pricing/sale bs myself not too long ago. They had some big name luggage for like 65% off allegedly and I got roped right into it. Idiot.

I thought I was saving several hundred dollars at the time. Clearly I’m not a good shopper. Got home and had to look up the make and style to get info on changing the combination locks on it. Only to find it on the manufacturers website for like 50.00 more than what I paid. Macy’s really messed with my vibe that day. Lesson learned.

... You’re gonna make someone a fine wife someday though, nit-picking and trying to crap on everything and trying to find the flaws in what a guy does…

O.K., now that's friggon funny. Although you forgot to add "dreamkiller" to your list. :cool: Are you speaking from experience or have you been talking to Mrs. @a73elkyss again?[kiss] Thanks for making me laugh.

Jay

And you still overpaid lol. Kohls is notorious for outrageously overpriced goods that are sold “on sale” for what you think is a crazy discount until you actually compare the item to other retailers.

You're gonna gripe at the man over $12, when it's a wash over the time and gas to go over to Macy's.

Adding gas and lunch, spent a bit over what I could on a new monitor at Micro Center than I could on third party Amazon (which they won't match). BFD. Had a nice afternoon with my son and had it today. Should I have purchased from Bezos to fit your idea of not overpaying?

Ok Karen. I'd have disabled your account, too. You "reporting them to DOR" is literally the funniest thing I've heard all day. So, good luck with that. Lololololololololol.
If you're going to use the leftist racist insult "Karen," at least use it properly. Raising the issue of being overcharged or paying something I shouldn't have to be doesn't make me a Karen, any more than someone who presents a valid coupon or requests a price match is a Karen. The line between Karen and not is a request (particularly with a demanding tone) for special treatment, and I wasn't asking for any special treatment, simply just to not pay what I legally shouldn't have had to pay. Ultimately, I ended up buying the item from MicroCenter in Cambridge, where of course no tax was charged.

Further, I did not threaten them, it was simply a warning. It's certainly not worth my time to raise legal action over $30, but it's worth a bit of time to talk to them about being overcharged for $30. However, there are plenty of pencil-necked pencil pushers (*cough* John Rosenthal *cough*) who I'm sure would jump at the opportunity to raise hell about it.

Finally, the mass.gov page relating to the tax holiday literally has multiple phone numbers through which to contact the Mass DOR. Would I likely be on hold for hours or would whatever complaint end up in a garbage bin? Probably, but the means for reporting a business not complying with the tax holiday are definitely available.

You're gonna gripe at the man over $12, when it's a wash over the time and gas to go over to Macy's.

Adding gas and lunch, spent a bit over what I could on a new monitor at Micro Center than I could on third party Amazon (which they won't match). BFD. Had a nice afternoon with my son and had it today. Should I have purchased from Bezos to fit your idea of not overpaying?
Was just pointing out kohl’s shady pricing scheme.

If you're going to use the leftist racist insult "Karen," at least use it properly. Raising the issue of being overcharged or paying something I shouldn't have to be doesn't make me a Karen, any more than someone who presents a valid coupon or requests a price match is a Karen. The line between Karen and not is a request (particularly with a demanding tone) for special treatment, and I wasn't asking for any special treatment, simply just to not pay what I legally shouldn't have had to pay. Ultimately, I ended up buying the item from MicroCenter in Cambridge, where of course no tax was charged.

Further, I did not threaten them, it was simply a warning. It's certainly not worth my time to raise legal action over $30, but it's worth a bit of time to talk to them about being overcharged for $30. However, there are plenty of pencil-necked pencil pushers (*cough* John Rosenthal *cough*) who I'm sure would jump at the opportunity to raise hell about it.

Finally, the mass.gov page relating to the tax holiday literally has multiple phone numbers through which to contact the Mass DOR. Would I likely be on hold for hours or would whatever complaint end up in a garbage bin? Probably, but the means for reporting a business not complying with the tax holiday are definitely available.

Holy sht are you a Karen. Every single thing you said, was trying to justify your ridiculous actions and attitude, but instead confirmed it. You must get sick of saying "let me talk to your manager".

Holy sht are you a Karen. Every single thing you said, was trying to justify your ridiculous actions and attitude, but instead confirmed it. You must get sick of saying "let me talk to your manager".
He's only a mild Karen tho.

This is 10/10 Karening..... the rest of all of us are just grateful that BK was open, this beotch held up the whole line to bitch about her fries being cold 8 min before close....

View: https://youtu.be/vWFfX2GT6b4

“I hate this store, there’s too many products in it”

That’s a new one.

I didn't say I hated it, but do find it overwhelming, but that is the case with everything these days analysis paralysis induced by an overabundance of selection...I didn't have an issue with the simpler times when all you knew was what was local or you stumbled into

My big gripe is more with our state and the regulations around the loyalty program and discounts on alcohol which are lame...

You are a doormat whose only argument is ad hominem. I'm sure when Comcrap raises your bill you just lay down and take it instead of calling them to negotiate it (you know, like a man).

Back
Top Bottom