• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are you a Karen or a Dickhead?

safetyfirst2125

NES Member
EDIT: Updating title to reflect the bold new direction of this thread.

Old title: “This weekend is TAX FREE in Massachusetts”

New Title: “Are you a Karen or a Dickhead?”

Prob a dup bug I searched and only came up with previous year’s threads.

So…what do you plan to buy?

Last edited:
….and it’s also the weekend nothing is on sale…. So line up to pay more I guess. I would rather wait until a sale which will provide a larger percentage discount.

Retailers love this weekend. They get to charge full price and even mark up and people line up to pay…

C'mon up to NH. Sale prices AND no tax. Win/win. Grab some booze on your way home.

C'mon up to NH. Sale prices AND no tax. Win/win. Grab some booze on your way home.
Come to NH, no sales tax, Constitutional carry, great schools, safest state in the country, beautiful lakes and mountains, friendly people, country eating, away from all the city bullshit.

The busiest shopping weekend of the year for those from RI, CT, NY & VT.
This is the one time annually they'll drive into Mass to shop.

a lot will be buying clothes too which are not taxed in MA. It’s amazing seeing people buying tons of clothes this weekend each year, there’s so many stupid people in MA

We are actually looking for furniture. My wife says, "Did you want to go furniture shopping this weekend." I just laughed maniacally and backed away. I did that once before about a decade ago. I think I went to Jordan's the week BEFORE TFW and then had to go that Sat AM to pay for it. An hour to pay. Just to pay. LOL

I'm avoiding all stores this weekend. People get stupid.

Nothing, and if I lived closer to the border I would buy everything in NH just to screw the MA legislature.
Don't be shy, I constantly see CT and NY plates up there when I'm giving my self my weekly mass tax free holiday. If they can do it you can too.

We are actually looking for furniture. My wife says, "Did you want to go furniture shopping this weekend." I just laughed maniacally and backed away. I did that once before about a decade ago. I think I went to Jordan's the week BEFORE TFW and then had to go that Sat AM to pay for it. An hour to pay. Just to pay. LOL

I've never been impressed with that store. In fact there is only one thing in the house that came from them and that was a mattress and box spring for the spare BR. A good friend got word the same day my dad died about the divorce and we needed to get one for him. Already had the furniture

Rather pay 6% than spend the day at Jordan's.

Good day to buy from Four Seasons but is anything in stock? Not sure you can order stuff.

I've never been impressed with that store. In fact there is only one thing in the house that came from them and that was a mattress and box spring for the spare BR. A good friend got word the same day my dad died about the divorce and we needed to get one for him. Already had the furniture

The ice cream and Fuddruckers are good. Keep the furniture store.

Not getting anything, but I have in the past. I'm close enough to NH to buy stuff there if the savings is worth the trip (30-40 mins). But when it's something that has to be delivered, there isn't much choice.

The ice cream and Fuddruckers are good. Keep the furniture store.
I'm solid in the buy once cry once column and go custom made for wood tables and Circle has been very good for us for the other stuff but we also don't have kids banging up furniture.

Many, many years ago my father picked up some total POS maple set that was warped and stained. He refinished by hand with a hand plane and a Craftsman sheet sander and I'll admit he did an excellent job and it is still in use by my mother 55 plus years later. I guess one day I was sitting there and started banging on the top with a couple of utensils in my hands saying I want food!!
According to my mother I guess that was the closest I ever came to being killed by him.

Back
Top Bottom