• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are these pre ban?

In one of my favorite shops today and the guy has a locker full of 20rd Colt AR mags, all in good shape but lots of handling wear in that they almost look polished. Says they came from a clean out of an old armory. Along with them are stacks of Vietnam era magazine sleeves, plastic little "save" bags for them with Vietnamese writing and instructions on them. I'll try to upload a pic rps20191003_103616.jpg rps20191003_103544.jpg

Sure!

Without a date, it's reasonable to assume a Colt 20 rounder is not provably post ban.

20's with metal alloy followers are good to go.
The acetate ammo bags, while interesting, don't go with the mags and the date isn't relevant to the mags. They were supposed to be used, discarded, and found by NVA and/or VC. Here's what they're supposed to say: "Returning Chieu Hoi [open arms] will help you to again see your parents and family in a peaceful and democratic South Vietnam."

Pre or post ban is of little concern to me. I was more thinking of you guys up there tryna help a fella out. Na meen?
This is what we need, folks finding all the hard to find stuff and flooding ma with it.
Now if we could get several hundred folks like you keeping a eye out for pre ban gear and getting it to us prices might not be so bad.

Personally, I always preferred the 20 round mags versus the 30 round mags. That's all we used back in my day. I found that the 20 round mag does not interfere with firing from the prone position, where 30 round mags caused me issues on uneven terrain.

I hope you grabbed a bunch of those. They are easy to rebuild.

AR 20 rounders are actually really good since you can load them to capacity and still insert the magazine with the bolt closed. A lot of people have issues loading full 30 rounders since the spring doesn't give enough to allow full magazine insertion with a closed bolt (thus loading 29 rounds instead).

Although it may be impossible for a prosecutor to prove they are post-ban, the position of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is that if they are seized by the police, they will not be returned until you can prove they are pre-ban.

In one of my favorite shops today and the guy has a locker full of 20rd Colt AR mags, all in good shape but lots of handling wear in that they almost look polished. Says they came from a clean out of an old armory. Along with them are stacks of Vietnam era magazine sleeves, plastic little "save" bags for them with Vietnamese writing and instructions on them. I'll try to upload a picView attachment 306081 View attachment 306082
Cool.

Back
Top Bottom