Are Appleseeds Dead?

Pelham ran an Appleseed last year in an action bay - could maybe fit 15 people at most. I'd check with RWVA if the range width is the only issue.

I was at the one earlier in the month at Harvard. No way it was a 120' line.

Here it is:
[CLICK]

I'm curious, what's good in the area for people who want a casual entry into shooting matches? I was thinking of trying an Appleseed event, for one. I could compete in a Garand match but holy god the ammo is expensive and I only have 600 rounds on hand. And some of the other competitive matches seem pretty hardcore for someone without a dedicated target gun. ...

Maybe this?
3 Gun in Central MA

Well, there was enough interest, and more than enough material, so it's going to happen.

August 22-23 in Leyden, registration link is below:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/leyden-ma-appleseed-august-22-23-2015-tickets-16833941773

The course of fire is still being tuned, but I'm currently planning on ~400 rounds.
More details will be forthcoming in a dedicated thread once I get my act together.

Cool!

The biggest hurdle I think for appleseed events is clubs that actually want to host a appleseed event. Then its actual participants the numbers are generally low on turn out at most events at the clubs around me.
all you need really is a few people from a club to take care of everything needed so apple seed can do their thing.

https://appleseedinfo.org/host_appleseed.html

I cant remember ever seeing a appleseed shoot south east of boston?

Last edited:
Since Ive gotten my new rifle I have been looking into one of these. My biggest hurdle is finding one somewhat close to me. Havent seen one in central mass at all. I have the Marlin 60 but Id much rather my .308 as its my primary use for now.

Appleseeds are still doing well down my way. Seems that they Peter out after a while. Volunteers burn out, you have already developed most of your market so eventually that Peters out as well. These are not money makers by any means so it requires a lot of dedication from a lot of people.

I cant remember ever seeing a appleseed shoot south east of boston?

We've done one on the cape (IIRC, Attilla helped get it organized), and one at Mansfield. We intend to return to Mansfield once they get repairs completed, but we're always happy to check out new places. If you've got a club in mind, drop a line to MA@appleseed dot org.

Man, that sounds awesome -- 55 at harvard? Jeez!

I was planning on going to the Dunbarton NH shoot last month and they cancelled less than 24 hours before due to low instructor turnout!

D:

The biggest hurdle I think for appleseed events is clubs that actually want to host a appleseed event. Then its actual participants the numbers are generally low on turn out at most events at the clubs around me.
all you need really is a few people from a club to take care of everything needed so apple seed can do their thing.

https://appleseedinfo.org/host_appleseed.html

"page not found"
Anyone?

Interested in proposing one of these events at our club.

well if apple seed comes to a club with in a short ride of my house I should be ready with my apple seed plinker. Just need to add sling swivel

mKSTUAbh.jpg

With weekend traffic that's about 4 hrs round trip. To long for me these days.

I hear you. Thats whats kept me away from Pembroke on Sundays. The time I made a trip down for a Garand shoot iirc it was 40 min down and >2 hrs back.

Where are you located, and do you have a club willing to host?

Will likely be running the Mansfield one in October, plus Hopkinton in November.

Plymouth area.
As for club willing to host? I don't know if any of the club's around here would do it.

Back
Top Bottom