• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 tuning question

I couldn’t remember which safety I had put in. Looking at the picture it is actually the jp safety.

Ok new traditional trigger and safety in. I suspect this will solve the issue.

The JP safety only has a small channel that is cut flat for fire vs a traditional safety where the entire length is flat for fire. I suspect the small channel and the trigger being a little loose with the tension screw backing out was causing the problem. I spoke to JP support and they sent me a new set of tension screws. I need to extract the current one and then I will test out on a different build.

Ok new traditional trigger and safety in. I suspect this will solve the issue.

The JP safety only has a small channel that is cut flat for fire vs a traditional safety where the entire length is flat for fire. I suspect the small channel and the trigger being a little loose with the tension screw backing out was causing the problem. I spoke to JP support and they sent me a new set of tension screws. I need to extract the current one and then I will test out on a different build.
Does the trigger pack wiggle around even with the , "screw" type pins?
How did you adjust the tension screws prevjously?

failures of an 80% lower are almost always insufficient depth of the trigger pocket. The trigger is then not allowed to return to fully forward position. Very common. of course the pin holes can also be F’ed up but it seems the tolerances there are more forgiving especially if using anti-walk pins.
Had exactly this issue on mine.
Took an hour or so to figure it out

I also like how trigger tech does their triggers.
2 internal adjustment screws once the pack and pins are installed.
No anti walk stuff needed

p_452000242_1.jpg
$330 for a frekkin trigger?? o_Oo_O Please tell me that has heat-seeking capabilities and can order pizza.

$330 for a frekkin trigger?? o_Oo_O Please tell me that has heat-seeking capabilities and can order pizza.
Comes with one year of free lap dances at the Cheetah in Atlanta.

RRA National Match triggers are probably the best bang for your buck to install in a Legos gun. I also like the triggers that come with a Spikes Tactical LPK. Give one of those the 50 cent trigger job and a set of JP reduced springs and you're good to go.

Comes with one year of free lap dances at the Cheetah in Atlanta.

RRA National Match triggers are probably the best bang for your buck to install in a Legos gun. I also like the triggers that come with a Spikes Tactical LPK. Give one of those the 50 cent trigger job and a set of JP reduced springs and you're good to go.
a junk yard genius old page on 50c job is gone, btw, with the whole domain. i googled a bit and it does not seem to even be a copy. alas.

i did not feel a need to polish any of larue triggers, they seem to be fine as is. pretty crisp, nice brake would be perfect if it was a 3lb instead of 4.5, but, it is no biggie.

a junk yard genius old page on 50c job is gone, btw, with the whole domain. i googled a bit and it does not seem to even be a copy. alas.

i did not feel a need to polish any of larue triggers, they seem to be fine as is. pretty crisp, nice brake would be perfect if it was a 3lb instead of 4.5, but, it is no biggie.
Also a great trigger but guess my CRS is getting worse. Can't remember which of my AR's have that trigger. Comparable in price to the RRA- a little more but comparable.

896ef3c931c5d556d0042ed53bc32126.jpg

Also a great trigger but guess my CRS is getting worse. Can't remember which of my AR's have that trigger. Comparable in price to the RRA- a little more but comparable.

896ef3c931c5d556d0042ed53bc32126.jpg
it is good, but at previous price it was better. they want $118 for it now. i got it in all my 4 lowers, as it is better for me to keep the same feel on all of them.
may be i will try to polish it one day, will see how it will end up.
also, i like the straight bow a bit better:

Never warmed up to the straight bow. What's the advantage?
a habit mostly - on all previous rifles it was straight, now on bergara and CZ it is straight, and you work it with the tip of the finger close to the end of the bow, it does not slide nowhere.
it is good (for me) on a precision build, on the agile light rifle i have a standard curved one - it is better when you place a first bend of a finger on the trigger.

like this one:

i was thinking to try out this
or that

but never agreed with myself to part with so much $ for something i do not need, at all.

As long as they are smooth and crisp , repeatable 3 vs 4.5 is moot IMHO
One thing I feel we has humans are awful at judging weight/force
I been yanking on 4.5 or heavier for so long anything lighter feels wrong. That would most likely change if im ever getting into bench rest or trying to shoot sub 1/4 moa

As long as they are smooth and crisp , repeatable 3 vs 4.5 is moot IMHO
One thing I feel we has humans are awful at judging weight/force
I been yanking on 4.5 or heavier for so long anything lighter feels wrong. That would most likely change if im ever getting into bench rest or trying to shoot sub 1/4 moa
I have a 2.5 lb trigger on my 6.5 Manbun AR. It's pretty sweet.

is there any decent 2.5lb trigger that costs under $150?
Not aware of anything. Maybe take that LaRue and put a set of JP reduced springs on it? Maybe get down to ~3 lbs? I think the challenge is dropping the pull down low like that yet still getting reliable primer ignition. My 2.5 lb trigger is a Geissele SSA-E, $240. Specs say lowest is 2.0 lbs first stage and 0.9 lbs second stage, but I'm pretty sure mine is 2.5 lb total.

Simple design- just very high quality and no tensioning pins nor captured pin stuff. I've been shooting AR's for 20 years and building my own for ~12 of those years. Never had a problem with pins walking unless I made a dumb mistake and was asking for it.

super_semi-automatic_enhanced.jpg

Yes. I can get sub 2/3 moa without even trying, and ~1/2 moa with a little work. I think best 5-shot groups were ~.12 moa?
This is where I think nice smooth light crisp triggers play in. Under 3 lbs anyway.
I have that funky old AR trigger a old timmer gave me. Single stage around 1.5lbs , i cant get used to it . It bump fires nice!

This is where I think nice smooth light crisp triggers play in. Under 3 lbs anyway.
I have that funky old AR trigger a old timmer gave me. Single stage around 1.5lbs , i cant get used to it . It bump fires nice!
I remeasured my straight bow LaRue triggers - if pulled at the end of the bow as I do - it shows 3.5lb total pull, and 1st stage pull is about of 2lb, so a 1.5lb for a brake is actually quite ok.

I remeasured my straight bow LaRue triggers - if pulled at the end of the bow as I do - it shows 3.5lb total pull, and 1st stage pull is about of 2lb, so a 1.5lb for a brake is actually quite ok.
I like 2 stage and my fingers/joints are stiff and clunky a 2 stage gives me a little “wiggle” room. When I shoot my 2ish lb 10/22 trigger I will often pop off shots when im not 100% ready for lack of dexterity and “feel” in my finger.
Its all good and fun finding what works

This thread took off on its own :). I have everything running perfectly now. New trigger (SSA-E) and safety with Super 42 spring + H1 buffer.

The JP is a really fun trigger and I will use it on another build. The tension screw is seized and I am going to have to extract it.

Thanks for the help and insights.

This thread took off on its own :). I have everything running perfectly now. New trigger (SSA-E) and safety with Super 42 spring + H1 buffer.

The JP is a really fun trigger and I will use it on another build. The tension screw is seized and I am going to have to extract it.

Thanks for the help and insights.
How did they go from loose to seized?

Back
Top Bottom