AR15 Compensator

Not yet. Don't know anyone that has one. Most of the people I shoot with a not concerned about flash hiding ability. Not that it would be a bad thing.

It's advertised as being only 1.5db over the a2 birdcage, pretty quiet considering it's a comp. I don't believe all hype though....I will do more research

I have an FSC556 on my M4gery, I don't know that I would call it quite. I have not shot it in low light, so I can not vouch for the flash hiding capability short of the videos on their site.

For a tacticool rifle, for 50 bucks more and you could get a battlecomp, which is smaller, and I like it better.

My .02 on the matter.

Last edited:
After reading this thread, I think I want a battlecomp on my AR. But it looks like the manufacturer likely to release battlecomp 2.0. Should I wait or should I just purchase 1.5 now? What is the differences between 2.0 and 1.5?

The Battle comp 1.0 is the 1" version designed to be almost the same dimensions as an A2 flash hider.
The 1.5 is the longer version to be used with 14.5" barrels to make them 16"+
The 2.0 is a redesign of the 1.0 that is suppressor compatible.

People have used the 1.0 with suppressors without incident.

I have the Battle Comp 1.0 and like it. My brother switched to it from the FSC556.

The Battle comp 1.0 is the 1" version designed to be almost the same dimensions as an A2 flash hider.
The 1.5 is the longer version to be used with 14.5" barrels to make them 16"+
The 2.0 is a redesign of the 1.0 that is suppressor compatible.

People have used the 1.0 with suppressors without incident.

I have the Battle Comp 1.0 and like it. My brother switched to it from the FSC556.

Thanks for the info, underwhere.

Miculek comp. Just to piss off everyone else on the line [grin]

I tried a Miculek comp and was not happy with it. I then went to a JP "Benny Cooley" comp that was a significant improvement. Virtually no muzzle flip and small enough for Tactical.

PS The Miculek is for sale for $25.

I'd prefer flash hiding capability over compensation, and while a flash hider is a no go on a post-ban rifle in MA, apparently the FSC556 does a good job of it. I wish I went with one in the first place, instead of I have generic three vent comp, which seems to work, but is slightly on the loud side and does nothing for flash. IMO a the AR platform doesn't need a comp period. I don't care enough to change it though.

Mike

Care to share contact info for this friend? I need a brake too! [smile]

First rule of Custom comp is not to talk about its maker. You must first renounce "Tactical" and all of its evil ways, it is the first step of the journey to the glory of the custom comp. In the end, if you make it, the Maker will bestow its greatness upon you.

First rule of Custom comp is not to talk about its maker. You must first renounce "Tactical" and all of its evil ways, it is the first step of the journey to the glory of the custom comp. In the end, if you make it, the Maker will bestow its greatness upon you.

[rofl] This is true, the first question that was asked of me was "What kind of rifle are you building? I don't do the silly tactical stuff."

Care to share contact info for this friend? I need a brake too! [smile]

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post

If you needed to know, you already would. You will need to start the journey and along the way the answers will come.

If you really need a comp, I have a Benny Hill Rolling Thunder Comp I could be persuaded to sell.

[laugh] I renounce the foolish ways of TACTICAL and welcome the light of the custom comp into my life!

If you needed to know, you already would. You will need to start the journey and along the way the answers will come.

If you really need a comp, I have a Benny Hill Rolling Thunder Comp I could be persuaded to sell.

Haha, that's why I'm posting and asking questions here! I'm putting together an 18" upper, was looking at the SJC Titan, but the custom stuff always intrigues me.

[laugh] I renounce the foolish ways of TACTICAL and welcome the light of the custom comp into my life!

Haha, that's why I'm posting and asking questions here! I'm putting together an 18" upper, was looking at the SJC Titan, but the custom stuff always intrigues me.

What type of fore arm are you using?

Cheese Graters and Ghetto Grips are No Go's. Competition guns do not have BUIS on them.

Depends on whether your "competition gun" is used outside the pits. My competition gun has BUIS and no brake.

(and the damned trigger pin walked out last match so I had to use a plain old A1 model to finish.)

Depends on whether your "competition gun" is used outside the pits. My competition gun has BUIS and no brake.

(and the damned trigger pin walked out last match so I had to use a plain old A1 model to finish.)

I wouldn't call it a competition gun, more like a gun that you brought to a competition.

JP anti walk pins are a cheap solution./

Back
Top Bottom