AR triggers for precision rifle

Chris

NES Member
Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
I know that most Garand style triggers (which the AR is) generally do well with a quality 2-stage design. However, coming from a bolt/1911 background, I really appreciate the feel of an imperceptible surprise release.

I was wondering if anyone knew of an aftermarket design that would provide a target grade proverbial "glass rod" break for the AR platform that still has hammer power to ignite rimfire and military primers. I'm looking for something that is safe, but light. I know this isn't ideal for a battle style build, but I have several lowers that can do that job. I'm looking to finish up a lower geared for precision prone shooting and want a trigger that doesn't need any more attention than to apply the squeeze.

Anyone have any experience that might fit the bill?

I shot another members AR that had an American Gold trigger in it. I remember that being rather ludicrously light and crisp.

Email geisselle tell them what you are looking for, I found there customer service to be outstanding. If your looking single stage the sd 3 gun might be worth a look, comes standard @ 3.5 lb break, but can be increased to 4.5lb by swapping out the spring

Last edited:
However, coming from a bolt/1911 background, I really appreciate the feel of an imperceptible surprise release.

Sounds like you want a trigger that breaks like a quality 1911 with little takeup. In that case I'll recommend the Timney 3lb single stage. I have one on my AR and love it. Clean break, almost not take up, zero grit and is a true drop-in unit. You will pay though, they go for around $200.

Back
Top Bottom