• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR pistol vs. AR SBR

The event atilla and Warwick are talking about. I went last year and my rifle wasn't remotely close to being sighted correctly.

I am familiar with LAIRE, what I don't understand is why a 50 yard zero would have you shooting left at 100 yards.

Probably shooting from asymmetrical non-linear dynamic kinetic positions. That would be my guess @edmorseiii

Shooting-upside-down-660x388.jpg

7.62x39 AR SBR build based on the MGI modular lower in the new year for me. [emoji4]

Last edited:
Fail. Over 200fps faster than what you claim.

FHHJ4.jpg

Also, I don't see anyone claiming that an SBR is suitable for anything past 200 yards. If shooting past 200 yards is needed an actual rifle should be used.

Much love for the Barnes VorTex 110gr in my 10.5" 300 Blackout barrel. [smile] Which is why I have a 40 round PMag filled with the 110gr VorTex rounds for use in a HD situation. The 300 Blackout 'pistol' build is in front of the 300 Blackout rifle build (16" barrel, 1:7 twist). My goal for the rifle is no more than 300 yards shooting. Anything over that, I'll go to something like a .308 AR (once I have mine built). Not sure if I'll build the rifle or pistol first there. [rofl2]

It doesn't matter whether the Fiochhi is M193 equivalent or not. What does matter is that commercial .223 is running at 2431 FPS out of a 10/9" barrel. Much the same velocity that you fanboys "train" against. You know, 7.62x39, that IS what you delude yourself about? Being an Operator, no?
OP, Pistol inside, SBR outside.

Your just jealous you don't have any friends with SBRs or maybe any friends at all I say we start to setup a NES SBR only shoot
97333acb1a47a13a9f29ec3b1ae65faa.jpg
here a pic of us "operating" on a Sunday afternoon

Your just jealous you don't have any friends with SBRs or maybe any friends at all I say we start to setup a NES SBR only shoot
97333acb1a47a13a9f29ec3b1ae65faa.jpg
here a pic of us "operating" on a Sunday afternoon

My goal is to have at least two built & running by the pumpkin shoot. Perhaps one by the spring trigger shoot but more likely the car shoot.

The 7.62x39 AR built on the MGI modular lower is up first. I'm creating the trust, buying the lower, getting the stamp, & engraving all in one fell swoop next month.

The 7.62x39 AR built on the MGI modular lower is up first. I'm creating the trust, buying the lower, getting the stamp, & engraving all in one fell swoop next month.

Will that take AK mags or something? Biggest thing I always hated about 5.45 x 39 and 7.62 x 39 in an AR platform gun is the mag situation, the frankenmags are pretty awful.

-Mike

Yep: Standard AK mags. The lower looks really funky bc there isn't much of a magwell, just the lip for the tab on the mag.

https://www.mgi-military.com/store/index.php?product_id=28&type=&category=9

I figure if I register the multi cal lower as an SBR I can swap magwells and put any upper on it I want: 7.62, 9mm, 5.56, etc. all for one tax stamp.

You still need to pic a cal they won't take multi on the form. But you can swap uppers etc.
I wish they would produce the 45 upper and mag block again.
They even had a .308 magwell and upper you could use.

Yeah, but is the tax stamp still valid for other calibers on the same registered lower? The AR presents an interesting dilemma with the ability to swap uppers...

After the stamp is approved with the starting configuration, I write a certified letter to the ATF stating what other caliber and barrel lengths I will use with that stamp. Or I can put the additional info on the form 1 in the additional info box with the varying barrel lengths and calibers. Either or.

Last edited:
After the stamp is approved with the starting configuration, I write a certified letter to the ATF stating what other caliber and barrel lengths I will use with that stamp. Or I can put the additional info on the form 1 in the additional info box with the varying barrel lengths and calibers. Either or.

Or you can not do any of that, because it's not required so long as you can readily restore its registered configuration.

Thanks, I've always been curious about how that is handled.

Or you can not do any of that, because it's not required so long as you can readily restore its registered configuration.

I suppose it would be an extremely rare instance where you would even need to produce the stamp, but supposing you were at the range with your registered lower, but an alternate upper and a BATFE agent happens to check your rifle, can they jamb you up (in theory) for not having the registered configuration?

I raise you Tavor. 26 3/4" from the prong of the muzzle brake to the recoil pad.

Back
Top Bottom