• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR pistol vs. AR SBR

7d5236e3c4349a2f15fa2ab4e867caa1.jpg

Roughly 200 fps difference between a 11.5 and 16 barrel.

A sbr/pistol with a 11.5 barrel your not losing a lot vs a 16" for what most people use them for .
Punching paper at 100 yards or doing different type of action shooting. But you gain having a more compact gun in the same platform .

Pretty sure you could figure out a hand load for a smaller barrel to help the fps you lose.

Here is the post again, in case you were confused.

Here is the post again, in case you were confused.

Yeah, and there is no way in hell that chart is for M193 5.56 NATO, either. It's probably a .223 chart, and running .223 in an SBR is kinda pointless. Back when I had my Colt 6520 (16") the chrono numbers I got were a hell of a lot higher than what was on that chart with Fed M193.

-Mike

Yeah, and there is no way in hell that chart is for M193 5.56 NATO, either. It's probably a .223 chart, and running .223 in an SBR is kinda pointless. Back when I had my Colt 6520 (16") the chrono numbers I got were a hell of a lot higher than what was on that chart with Fed M193.

-Mike

I am not arguing that one way or an other, I am pointing out that this dude does not read.

bigblue post #176 55 grain Fiocchi in 16" 2673 FPS, 10/9" 2431 FPS. In original 20" M-16, M193 was 3250 FPS. 3250 minus 2431= 819 FPS loss of velocity. Great idea. Let's go down to a 7.5" Pistol barrel. Even a better idea. Let me know how that works in your fantasy world. A High Point starts sounding better all the time. And it's even a shitload cheaper to shoot poodles with. How about this? Given the price of that High Point and all the money you'd save, now you can afford some of that 5.11 clothing you've been drooling over. You'd still have enough to get that $50 Red Dot and co-witness your sights, we all know how important that is. And if you traded in for not much money I'd bet you could get a cheapo laser and maybe even a flashlight, you know, so you can give the bad guys a sporting chance. AR Pistol house. AR SBR outside. Both bad choices but answers OP. Drink some Kool-Aid first.

bigblue post #176 55 grain Fiocchi in 16" 2673 FPS, 10/9" 2431 FPS. In original 20" M-16, M193 was 3250 FPS. 3250 minus 2431= 819 FPS loss of velocity. Great idea. Let's go down to a 7.5" Pistol barrel. Even a better idea. Let me know how that works in your fantasy world. A High Point starts sounding better all the time. And it's even a shitload cheaper to shoot poodles with. How about this? Given the price of that High Point and all the money you'd save, now you can afford some of that 5.11 clothing you've been drooling over. You'd still have enough to get that $50 Red Dot and co-witness your sights, we all know how important that is. And if you traded in for not much money I'd bet you could get a cheapo laser and maybe even a flashlight, you know, so you can give the bad guys a sporting chance. AR Pistol house. AR SBR outside. Both bad choices but answers OP. Drink some Kool-Aid first.
You're a salty mofo.

You really can't read can you? Now you want to compare M193 velocity to M855 velocity out of different barrels by splicing two separate posts? Are you really this obtuse or just pretending?

Last edited:
Being old and hating people isn't a valid reason to buy ANY rifle, why don't you take a nap and post when you wake up in ten years?

UGH I can't imagine if you posted in the pics threads.

Last edited:
Obtuse? I used your link to get the numbers. Pretending to be literate and lockstepping with your cronies and insulting your betters does not make you an operator.

bigblue post #176 55 grain Fiocchi in 16" 2673 FPS, 10/9" 2431 FPS. In original 20" M-16, M193 was 3250 FPS. 3250 minus 2431= 819 FPS loss of velocity.

You've already managed to screw everything up in one sentence. You're not even comparing two similar loadings against one another in this statement. You're comparing the 55 gr Fiocci load (whatever it is) vs M193... which is not the same.

Great idea. Let's go down to a 7.5" Pistol barrel. Even a better idea. Let me know how that works in your fantasy world. A High Point starts sounding better all the time. And it's even a shitload cheaper to shoot poodles with. How about this? Given the price of that High Point and all the money you'd save, now you can afford some of that 5.11 clothing you've been drooling over. You'd still have enough to get that $50 Red Dot and co-witness your sights, we all know how important that is. And if you traded in for not much money I'd bet you could get a cheapo laser and maybe even a flashlight, you know, so you can give the bad guys a sporting chance. AR Pistol house. AR SBR outside. Both bad choices but answers OP. Drink some Kool-Aid first.

For the love of god, just stop trolling. You're not adding anything useful at this point.

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't matter whether the Fiochhi is M193 equivalent or not. What does matter is that commercial .223 is running at 2431 FPS out of a 10/9" barrel. Much the same velocity that you fanboys "train" against. You know, 7.62x39, that IS what you delude yourself about? Being an Operator, no?
OP, Pistol inside, SBR outside.

It doesn't matter whether the Fiochhi is M193 equivalent or not. What does matter is that commercial .223 is running at 2431 FPS out of a 10/9" barrel. Much the same velocity that you fanboys "train" against. You know, 7.62x39, that IS what you delude yourself about? Being an Operator, no?
OP, Pistol inside, SBR outside.

Fail. Over 200fps faster than what you claim.

FHHJ4.jpg

Also, I don't see anyone claiming that an SBR is suitable for anything past 200 yards. If shooting past 200 yards is needed an actual rifle should be used.

I half expect the next post to be "An SBR killed my pa". I've never seen such hatred for a friggin gun. If you don't like them, then don't get one. You're never going to convince people WHO OWN THE DAMN THINGS that they don't work. I own a lot of guns and some of them may just be silly.

Obtuse? I used your link to get the numbers. Pretending to be literate and lockstepping with your cronies and insulting your betters does not make you an operator.

You are our better? Skip the koolaid, you need a slice of humble pie my friend.

[video=youtube_share;fFx3SZO6F2M]http://youtu.be/fFx3SZO6F2M[/video]

It doesn't matter whether the Fiochhi is M193 equivalent or not.

you have to pass the bill to read what's in it.

you got operated by someone all kitted up in 5.11 using a SBR, didn't you? they operated deep inside your perimeter.

post three, i need backup, i'm reporting an intrusion in my fourth point of contact!

these guys posted some really good numbers and you refuse to accept that you can't math and that you're wrong. that's okay because we enjoy threads like this and we can go as long as you can.

oh, i forgot to mention...

BAC86FC6-21F1-4E36-B9AD-4A431366C46D_zpsd5001398.jpg~original

'meriguh.

an eotech? 51T flash hider? SO MUCH MAGPUL.

tell me how much you hate me. i'm ready.

you have to pass the bill to read what's in it.

you got operated by someone all kitted up in 5.11 using a SBR, didn't you? they operated deep inside your perimeter.

post three, i need backup, i'm reporting an intrusion in my fourth point of contact!

these guys posted some really good numbers and you refuse to accept that you can't math and that you're wrong. that's okay because we enjoy threads like this and we can go as long as you can.

oh, i forgot to mention...

BAC86FC6-21F1-4E36-B9AD-4A431366C46D_zpsd5001398.jpg~original

'meriguh.

an eotech? 51T flash hider? SO MUCH MAGPUL.

tell me how much you hate me. i'm ready.

That gun beat me at a shooting comp. at 100 yards vs my 16inch . It beat me so hard it didn't matter my team finished the run 5 mins faster then his team lol.

i need a curved armor plate, the flat plate smashing my spine ****ing blows.

physically i expect to do better as i am more active at work and have quit smoking. i still cheat and get my nicotine from an e-cig but no more cigarettes. i haven't even had a cigar in a long time, but that's mostly because i don't have any which are worth smoking at the moment, bunch of cheapo ones.

Back
Top Bottom