ar mag problem

wiskie762

Instructor
ok i just bought a few 20 rounders and they all fit except one so i measured two of them and and the one that fits is .882in the one that doesnt fit measured .902in is this common or no and can it be fixed

thanks for any help you give

Last edited:
If you can't return it for a refund, pull the floorplate, spring and follower for spare parts and hammer the body flat and toss it in the trash......A bad magazine is worse than no magazine at all.

Remember....."Mr. Murphy" is ALWAYS watching.

I have had Triple K mags that were not on spec. in the past. I found this more of a problem with the 1911 mags they produce. In my opinion and experience with Triple K products there mags are junk. If you can't send it back for a refund or exchange on something else crush it and move on. It most likely did not cost that much anyway. The only appeal I can see for Triple K products is the fact they are the least expensive of all the mags on the market. Once more proving you get what you pay for.

If your range allow them and you cannot get a return, 20-rd mags make great reactive targets. I had some junk, fake M-14 mags I was suckered into at a gun show. I got just the right hit on one, blew the floorplate off and the spring went flying....At least I got some enjoyment out of it... [wink]

thanks all for this info i got the mags on a trade for a set of dies so not really hurting my wallet just wanted to know if this was a common thing well at least i got a spare spring and follower out of it still cant complain

If your range allow them and you cannot get a return, 20-rd mags make great reactive targets. I had some junk, fake M-14 mags I was suckered into at a gun show. I got just the right hit on one, blew the floorplate off and the spring went flying....At least I got some enjoyment out of it... [wink]

[rofl] sounds like ive found a new way to have fun now just the wait for my upper

I opened a few 1989 Center Industries 30 rounders I had a while back. Right out of the sealed package one of them wouldn't fit in the magwell. None of the tac welds were broken, there was no visible spread or widening of the mag at the top. It was just subtly out of spec and wouldn't fit. I just salvaged the follower, spring, and floorplate and tossed the body in the trash. Not even worth trying to repair.

I opened a few 1989 Center Industries 30 rounders I had a while back. Right out of the sealed package one of them wouldn't fit in the magwell. None of the tac welds were broken, there was no visible spread or widening of the mag at the top. It was just subtly out of spec and wouldn't fit. I just salvaged the follower, spring, and floorplate and tossed the body in the trash. Not even worth trying to repair.

I had two Cooper USGI's that would not fit loosely, (drop free) in my Colt. Both required quite a shove to get them to lock up. Following the advice of an M-16 armorer, I held the magazine on the bench, first curve side down with the upper 1/2 of the magazine on the bench and gave it a sharp whack with a 2x4, then held it flat and did the same. I'll be damned - it worked!

I had two Cooper USGI's that would not fit loosely, (drop free) in my Colt. Both required quite a shove to get them to lock up. Following the advice of an M-16 armorer, I held the magazine on the bench, first curve side down with the upper 1/2 of the magazine on the bench and gave it a sharp whack with a 2x4, then held it flat and did the same. I'll be damned - it worked!

hmmmmm ideas to try

Back
Top Bottom