• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

I'd prefer to spend $1,100 for the rifle, red dot, and folding iron sights. DSA was at the top of my list for my budget, and DPMS was #2. I'd have to pay extra for shipping for DSA, whereas the DPMS was in the store.

I'd prefer to spend $1,100 for the rifle, red dot, and folding iron sights. DSA was at the top of my list for my budget, and DPMS was #2. I'd have to pay extra for shipping for DSA, whereas the DPMS was in the store.

Well, I think that budget is going to be tough. However, if you want sights, Troy is having a sale this weekend. Or, go cheap on those and get the Magpuls. I think Vortex makes a good red dot for a lower price. DSA FALs have a pretty good rep but I don't know about their ARs. I'd go with one of these uppers and have them build you a lower:

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/browse&category=rainiercustomshop_rainierarmscombatseries

Well, I think that budget is going to be tough. However, if you want sights, Troy is having a sale this weekend. Or, go cheap on those and get the Magpuls. I think Vortex makes a good red dot for a lower price. DSA FALs have a pretty good rep but I don't know about their ARs. I'd go with one of these uppers and have them build you a lower:

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/browse&category=rainiercustomshop_rainierarmscombatseries

Vortex is where I'm going. I shot Mr. Twigg's AR with Vortex Red Dot today and it was exactly what I need. I'm going with Magpul folding front and rear sights.

425750de-bd3d-5bf6.jpg
This is the latest addition and will be the last for a while. LMT piston upper, Leupold glass on LaRue mount, Stag lower and comp.

Plan on getting a trigger one of these days.

This was a free stater until the comp was installed this AM. Troy BUIS.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
This is the latest addition and will be the last for a while. LMT gas upper, Leupold glass on LaRue mount, Stag lower and comp.

This was a free stater until the comp was installed this AM. Troy BUIS.

ETA: Is pic showing?

No, not seeing it.

Troy BattleRail Alpha

Ordered a new rail on black Friday. Troy BattleRail Alpha with built in flip-up sight. Installed and sighted in today. I'm really diggin the slim profile

troy001.JPG troy002.jpg troy003.JPG

Last edited:
Nice guns SJan & jamesb - both look great. I love my Troy TRX Extreme rail. The Alpha was released shortly after I bought mine... I couldn't wait as it was one of the last things I needed to complete my gun so I bought the regular TRX but I think the concept is great behind the Alpha. Would like one for another build.

jamesb - looks like a 15" rail on 16" barrel? Looks great. I like that mostly covered look. I am digging my AFG on TRX as well.

Thanks man! You are correct. 15" rail on a 16" Daniel Defense barrel. Hoping to shoot it today to really see how I like the current setup.

I'll get some higher res pictures up later but here are some of my firearms

Starting from top and working on down:
SA M1A standard in a JAE-1000 G2 Stock, KAC Rail System, Badger Rings, Vortex 6.5-20x50 scope, bi-pod, Sadlak spring guide, sadlak Tin Piston, and Extended mag release

MK12 MOD1 Clone- Bought a highcalibersales upper (www.highcalibersales.com) which includes the propper barrel etc, Noveske Lower, KAC buis's, Ops Incorporated brake, Nightforce Rings, Leupold MR/T 2.5-8 Illuminated Mil-Dot reticle, CAA grip, Magpul trigger guard, Giessele SSA trigger, A2 stock, Harris Bi-pod with Pod Loc

AR- Stag Lower, Daniel Defense LPK, CAA Grip, Daniel Defense M4V5 Upper with pinned muzzle brake, Troy BUIS's, EOTECH 553, Pinned LMT SOPMOD stock, Tango Down VFG, Gunfighter CH, Ambi Selector Lever

Another picture of the newly finished MK12 MOD1

and my G21SF and M&P 9

Last edited:
thanks guys, those are three things I built over my deployment

I might sell the 16inch AR to fund a SBR MK18 MOD1 clone.

I'll post more pictures of the M1A in the M1 picture thread later!

Last edited:
^ Nice - looking forward to seeing the pics.

I can't help but whore this thing out as I love it [smile] but I just switched from an EOTech 512 to a Nikon M-223 2-8x with Primary Arms deluxe mount and snapped some pics tonight. Also swapped out the latch on my charging handle for one from Badger Ordnance due to the scope overhang making it a bit tricky to grab cleanly.

full01.jpg

scope03.jpg

full02.jpg

(don't mind the mini dachshund ghost)

nikoplex01.jpg

Quick pic of the classic Nikoplex reticle

Got www.3bucc.com ?
We're looking to put together a group buy on brass catchers and these are the best.

^ Nice - looking forward to seeing the pics.

I can't help but whore this thing out as I love it [smile] but I just switched from an EOTech 512 to a Nikon M-223 2-8x with Primary Arms deluxe mount and snapped some pics tonight. Also swapped out the latch on my charging handle for one from Badger Ordnance due to the scope overhang making it a bit tricky to grab cleanly.

full01.jpg

scope03.jpg

full02.jpg

(don't mind the mini dachshund ghost)

nikoplex01.jpg

Quick pic of the classic Nikoplex reticle

Nice set up you have there, how do you like the M223? I was looking at that but bit the bullet and bought the Leupold on my MK12 because I got a military discount from Leupold that was to good to pass up.

I haven't had it to the range yet but upon inspection it's a very well made unit. Glass is very clear, adjustments of the turrets is easy but they stay put where you leave them. Focus and magnification rings are firm and precise. Seems like for the money it's a great buy which is why I went with it. I pretty much only shoot 55g .223 so it should work well. I chose the Nikoplex reticle because I like the 'standard' looking crosshairs as opposed to the BDC one with the range markings on the lower section, plus it has the rapid elevation turret making it easy to change range distances.

Last edited:
FRESH OUT THE BOX!!!

Smith & Wesson M&P15FT....3-9x42 IR scope & 200 lumen LED light/laser are on the way. Also waiting on my 44" locking aluminum case to come in, so it stays in the box until then!!

AR1.jpg

AR2.jpg

AR4.jpg

AR3.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom