AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Realized today that my new jeep matches my AR

30C1B642-13DA-4D10-BAF5-69FCAFC9DB6D-13099-0000110612F97CA7_zps2ea00389.jpg

Last edited:
A couple pics of my M&P15.

guts are stock s&w. will look into benefits of upgrading/replacing. any insight/suggestions?
EOTech XPS3 / G33 STS
Troy Battle Rail
Troy flip up battle sights front & rear

not a big fan of the foregrip. will likely replace with the Troy modular combat grip & a bipod
considering the Troy claymore muzzle brake, but not sure I want to add a ton of kick and muzzle rise (anyone here use this brake and can confirm dramatically increased kick and muzzle rise?)

The Troy Claymore is not going to drastically increase the muzzle rise and felt recoil. In fact, it's so minute, it's barely noticeable compared to an AR without a muzzle device. The design of the Claymore pushes out the gases coming out of the breach towards the front instead of up and to the sides. I like shooting the AR with the Claymore indoors. Here's what I wrote on a different forum while talking about the Claymore

If you're really that worried about the side blasts/sound, then look into the Troy Claymore. It has no side ports at all and all the blast/sound get directed in front of you. It's supposed to add a little more felt recoil but to be honest, I cant say I feel anything abnormal about that. Shooting the Claymore indoors though, funny, If someone next to me has their target at 10yds or less, their target would blow and flap around after every shot. Again, nothing too abnormal there but I CAN tell the difference between the Claymore versus others.

This last Labor day week end I popped the cherry on two builds I just completed, one was an OD green iron sight plain shooter with a Claymore installed. I thought it shot like a breeze, and with greatly reduced muzzle blast and recoil, In fact I shot a round with the butt stock against my lips to show the friends I was with just how little recoil the gun actually had. It's a fantastic brake, too bad I wont be buying any more Troy products due to their stance on hiring people who violate constitutional rights.
IMG_0371.jpg
..my buddy shooting my build with the Claymore
ARs.jpg
The pic above, except for the front left, are my summer's builds
With the OD Green shooter w/ Claymore in the Right front

Last edited:
2-16", 1-18", 1-24"

Attachments

• 18LH.jpg
    18LH.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 18RH.jpg
    18RH.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 117
  • hm2lh.jpg
    hm2lh.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 114
  • hm2rh.jpg
    hm2rh.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 106
  • olyLH.jpg
    olyLH.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 103
  • olyRH.jpg
    olyRH.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 98
  • varmrh.jpg
    varmrh.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 103
Almost done with my 2nd AR i have been working on for 2 years.

PWA pre-ban lower
magpul ctr
bcm gunfighter grip
rock river 2 stage trigger
kns pins
magpul bad lever
noveske backplate
BCM 14.5" mid length upper
daniel defense RIS II rail
tangodown stubby grip
daniel defense fixed front sight
BCM/troy rear sight
BCM gunfighter charging handle
surefire m952
eotech xps3

probably going to put an aimpoint T1 on it eventually. trying to decide on a sling.

Almost done with my 2nd AR i have been working on for 2 years.

PWA pre-ban lower
magpul ctr
bcm gunfighter grip
rock river 2 stage trigger
kns pins
magpul bad lever
noveske backplate
BCM 14.5" mid length upper
daniel defense RIS II rail
tangodown stubby grip
daniel defense fixed front sight
BCM/troy rear sight
BCM gunfighter charging handle
surefire m952
eotech xps3

probably going to put an aimpoint T1 on it eventually. trying to decide on a sling.

Super jealous.

Most resent crapy cellphone pics of my S&W M&P15 ORC with new Daniel Defense Omega rail and LimbSaver recoil pad:

1397238F-orig_zps86971d05.jpg

7A083FCB-orig_zpsdcd0ed13.jpg

9D7D0572-orig_zpsa0d8e8de.jpg

9B23A94D-orig_zpsbc748b61.jpg

0D9F2BE6-orig_zps05e34d59.jpg

ETA: no worries the MBUS is temporary, I have some metal Diamond Head sights coming soon [thumbsup]

Last edited:
With a big assist from 1776 Gunsmithing, I finished the upgrade of my Stag 3....

tYVmzPV.jpg

Improvements include:
Bravo Company BCG
Bravo charging handle
ACE Skeleton stock
Diamondhead 7" drop in hand guard
Magpul Grip and Trigger guard
and after a long discussion with Don at 1776 I (they actually) put on the Battlecomp muzzle brake.

(Going to have to work on my photo graphic skills... a bit blurry, but I am very happy with the outcome)

Last edited:
So while unpacking and going through boxes last week I found a bunch of AR parts and figured out that I had most of the parts needed to put a pistol together.

I live in NH now, so why not? I ordered a cheap 7" barrel, pistol gas tube, the Carlson Tac Comp, and a pistol buffer tube.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

IMAG0169.jpg IMAG0170.jpg pistol.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0171.jpg
    IMAG0171.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 41
20131120_202106.jpg 20131120_202200.jpg 20131120_202303.jpg 20131120_202331.jpg 20131120_202507.jpg

Just got this LWRC SPR MOD 0 ODG
Fully Ambidextrous
Troy FDE flip up sights
Troy Modular Forward grip
Pinned SOPMOD stock
Pinned Battlecomp 1.0
Preban Mag
Fit and finish on this rifle is awesome. It screams quality.

Back
Top Bottom