AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

inerlogic
Can you post more pics how you tied the knots? Or pm me links explaing? I have the same stock and been thinking of doing the same thing.

i unscrewed the butt pad, small screw all the way, big (tube) screw just enough to swivel the rubber out of the way...
made a "J" with the end of the cord, taped the J to the metal but, then wrapped about 6 turns around the metal butt.
brought the long end around to the buffer tube, made a half hitch just to hold the cord snug.

driver's side:
8155926774_fc4e9d9bc1_c.jpg

passenger's side:
8155896561_e911b9f34f_c.jpg

here's where if you want the spiral pattern, you just do half-hitches all the way down the tube....
where the bent bottom tube meets with the buffer tube will be too thick for half hitches though... you'll have to switch to whipping...

also if you want to replace the stock, or if you need 25' of paracord in an emergency, you'd have to undo all those effin half hitches.....
so i just whip wrapped the buffer tube keeping the wrapping SUPER tight....
i was going to wrap the last turn through the middle and then pick up the smaller tube wrapping in the opposite direction.... but the area is so tight it wouldn't have looked right....
so i went straight from the buffer tube to the smaller tube.... a blade screwdriver helps to get the second layer of cord in there.

passenger's side:
8155895039_c05d9667b7_c.jpg

driver's side:
8155894723_0ff5c94745_c.jpg

keep whipping up the small bent tube, half hitch at the very end to hold everything in place, and then whip up the metal butt, make another "J" and tape that one down (keeps the frayed end from coming loos and poking out the side..... or you could melt the cord...)
then screw the rubber butt pad down to hold everything in place....

this is the 7.25" Ace entry stock by the way.....
25' just about made it, longer stock.... YMMV....

should hold well enough as is.... if i were to go crazy i might melt the ends and/or use some silicone sealer to hold everything in place....
i'm not that motivated though...

Last edited:
Finally got my AR wrapped up where I want it to be. Added the Primary Arms Compact 3x earlier this month, and got some Magpul XTM rail panels off an AR15.com member for cheap and dressed up the rail - they feel nice as well. Next build is starting soon - Mega billet.

DSC01844.jpg

DSC01841.jpg

DSC01842.jpg

I highly recommend the Compact 3x scope also. Reticle is black and also has 11 illumination settings if you want it lit up (lit pic is only on 3 I believe, plenty bright) - don't mind the blurry/crooked pics.

DSC01847.jpg

DSC01849.jpg

Finished my first AR build (well sorta, waiting on my Comps). Very fun and much learned. Also swapped out the barrel on my Piston Riffle to a BCM 14.5" Carbine length. I will be replacing the lower on the Piston Riffle to one of my LRB Arms lowers I got during a group buy so the serial #'s on the riffles will be in succession ie; XXXXX3 XXXXX4.

**EIDT: Went through all the work of taking and posting the pics and i forgot to put my my irons on! [banghead]
Oh well, they both have a set of YHM Q.D.S. Flip up sights

DI Rifle:

-BCM 16" SS410 Barrel with Mid Length Gas (stripped) 1/8 Twist
-BCM Bolt Carrier Group (MPI) - Auto
-Yankee Hill Machine Low Profile Gas Block - short verion w/ md length gas tube
-ALG Defense Combat Trigger (ACT)
-Palmetto State Armory Classic LPK
-Aero Precision AR-15/M16 A4 UPPER
-Midwest Industries Generation 2 SS Forearm Black Modular Design 12" Black Aluminum
-Spike's Tactical AR-15 Ejection Port Door
-BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 Charging Handle Medium Latch
-Magpul CTR Stock
-Troy Industries Modular Combat Grip Black
-YHM Q.D.S. Flip up sights
-BCM Gunfighter MOD-0 Comp (when available)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Piston Riffle:

-BCM Standard 14.5" M4 Barrel 1/7 twist
-Adams Arms Carbine Distributor Piston System
-Samson STAR C-EX-P Rail
-ALG Defense Combat Trigger (ACT)
-Aero Precision AR-15/M16 A4 UPPER
-BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 Charging Handle Medium Latch
-Magpul CTR Stock
-Troy Industries Modular Combat Grip Black
-YHM Q.D.S. Flip up sights
-BCM Gunfighter MOD-1 Comp (when available)

Last edited:
My 1st AR build.

LRB Arms stripped lower from the group buy
DPMS LPK
MagPul CTR stock
MagPul MOE+ Grip
Spike's Tactical ST-T2 buffer
YHM Diamond Quad Rail
YHM Phantom Brake
Remsport 16" 1:7 Barrel
Remsport Upper
BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 Charging handle

Just need to throw my sights on. Got some MagPul BUIS for now until I have the extra money for an optic of some sort. I am very happy with my 1st AR build.

7.jpeg

6.jpeg

So close damn it

YHM NES lower
BCM "blemished" upper receiver
BCM 16" mid length barrell
BCM bolt carrier group
YHM low pro gas block
Magpul pistol grip
Daniel Defense lower parts kit
Ace rifle length stock

2012-12-14_16-29-48_793.jpg

Beautiful. I really love the second one. That stock is MA legal, right?
Wow, I love it. That muzzle brake is MA legal, yes? (It's flash suppressors we can't have, right?)

"stock is MA legal, right?"
You can own any stock you want, it just needs to be pinned to make it MA legal.

"That muzzle brake is MA legal, yes? "
Anything with compensator or brake in the name is MA legal in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom