AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

Parts list

DPMS LPK
Delaware Machine lower
Ace Skeleton Rifle length stock
Remsport A3 upper
Remsport BCG
Remsport 16" carbine barrel
YHM 12" Rifle Length lightweight quad rail
Cav Arms muzzle brake
Magpul BUIS

UPS dropped the parts off at 1430, left the gun shop at 1530 with a built upper, shooting at the range by 1630 [grin]

shoots great and went bang the first time, yay

i will be picking up a magpul B.A.D lever, EOTECH holo sight and polishing the trigger parts a bit

Hows that brand new 10rnd mag treating you, thanks to the c**t, Martha?

been working on this for a few months now

t97i9j.jpg

stag lower
daniel defense LPK
Ace Skeleton stock
PSA flat top upper
del ton 16" barrel
YHM spector length diamond guard
barska red dot

just need a BCG, charging handle, and a muzzle device to be able to fire it
nice looking rifle! then again, im slightly biased [grin]

holy mother of god TACKLEBERRY. I can't say anything else. There is something wet in my pants lol.

What are some of the specs/ parts you used if you don't mind me asking?

There are many brakes that effectively control/reduce recoil.
I understand that completely, even with the small recoil of 5.56. The original statement was
"and a muzzle device to be able to fire it"
, which I asked about why that might be necessary to fire it. Still haven't heard from the guy making the statement, so we're going on someone else's guess, which is most likely right.

What are some of the specs/ parts you used if you don't mind me asking?

Magpul Products:
CTR stock, ASAP, MOE grip, MOE vertical grip, BAD lever, and Magpul PMAG
Knights Armament Products:
URX mid-length rail systems, enhanced trigger guards, Triple Tap enhanced compensator, rail panels, micro flip-up rear sights, and T1 battery covers
Scopes:
Aimpoint T1 red dots w/LaRue tall mount and Elcan SpecterDR 1-4x
Illumination:
SureFire Mini-Scout flashlights and Laser Device DBAL-A2s

I understand that completely, even with the small recoil of 5.56. The original statement was , which I asked about why that might be necessary to fire it. Still haven't heard from the guy making the statement, so we're going on someone else's guess, which is most likely right.

I was addressing your question:

...Why bother? Just for looks?

In addition to the legal issues, mitigating recoil is why anyone bothers; and I'm not guessing, I know from first hand experience of assembling my own AR-15 rifle.

...In addition to the legal issues, mitigating recoil is why anyone bothers; and I'm not guessing, I know from first hand experience of assembling my own AR-15 rifle.

I didn't think it was illegal to not have one. Now I am curious about how much difference one really makes for recoil (or more likely: muzzle rise). I found the "recoil" on the couple AR-15's I've shot to not be a heck of a lot more than a regular .22. Anyone else know how much difference this really makes? Or is this for competition type shooting? I guess maybe there it could make a difference.

I didn't think it was illegal to not have one. Now I am curious about how much difference one really makes for recoil (or more likely: muzzle rise). I found the "recoil" on the couple AR-15's I've shot to not be a heck of a lot more than a regular .22. Anyone else know how much difference this really makes? Or is this for competition type shooting? I guess maybe there it could make a difference.

I have a comped 223 gun that would make a .22 feel like a center fire rifle. Comps have their place, different devices have different effects, all improve the performance of the rifle and shooter over not having one. Competition is about beating a timer, battle is about beating the bad guy, what's the difference?

Last edited:
  • I still need to find a A1 type "E" stock as mine as the type "D".
  • The movie gun is obviously a M16, I settled for a SP1, but plan to change to a full-fence Colt lower at some point.
  • The closest I can find to the M203 they used is the Cobray M203.
  • The M203 sight is supposedly military issue. Looks like the one in the movie to me.
  • It took a little bit of looking, but I was able to find an A1 upper with a "tear drop" forward assist and no shell deflector. The one I bought had the 3 prong pickle fork but I switched it to a standard A1 birdcage.
  • While researching the movie gun I found that the one used had two 30 round mags that were taped using gaffer tape. Since my BIL works for the news, he was able to score me some.

I'll update this with better pictures when I have a chance.
IMAG0065.jpg

the upper is sick. Finding a tear drop upper with pencil barrel is an absolute bitch.

Very awesome build!

I love this thread, yet hate it at the same time.

I have 2, but feel the need to build at least 7 more ARs
same [thinking]

i thought i would be all set with my 16", but after seeing tackle's twin SBRs....i know what i need to do next.

The Magpul MOE+ rubber grips have finally been released. I've been waiting 3 long years for these things; ever since I held one at Shot Show 2009 I've been waiting very impatiently for them.

NewToys.jpg

NewToys03.jpg

Back
Top Bottom