• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 Quad rail help needed!!!

lemonlime571

Army Veteran
I can't for the life of me figure out how to disassemble this damned thing. It came pre-assembled. It is a solid quad rail(does not split in half). Any help would be appreciated. thanks.
P1010001.jpg

Are you sure that it doesn't split in half?

Otherwise the only way that I can think of is that you would have to remove the complete front sight assembly or remove the barrel from the receiver. Nothing else comes to mind that would work.

Thats just the probem, I am having the largest brain fart as to how to remove the barrel from the receiver. I am in need of a head slap for forgetting this stuff.

Is there a manufacterers name stamped anywhere on it?

Looks like a free float unit with a proprietary barrel nut (looks like it got gouged up a bit). If that's the case, you may or may not need a special wrench to loosen/remove it.

Assuming you can locate a wrench or find an alternative tool...

Remove the muzzle device (if it's permantly attached that could be a problem).

Drift out the pins from the front sight tower (if they're taper pins be sure to remove and reinstall from the proper side).

Slide the sight tower off the barrel along with the gas tube.

Loosen the nut and slide the tube off the barrel.

Its a Yankee Hill Manufacturing quad rail. As others have said, you need to remove the front sight and then remove the rail. You either need to lock the upper in a vice and with a spanner wrench loosen the lock ring or remove the gas tube and remove the rail and the barrel nut together. The quad rail is usually red lock tited on to the barrel nut. The job requires the right tool

YHM-9621

Back
Top Bottom