ar-15 handguard

Is there any easy way to get my handguard off without the tool or a buddy. So far the rifle is winning.[crying]

Update.Well i am bleeding now...
Update I won. Finally got it off what a pain in the rear.

Last edited:
Put the butt on the floor between your knees. Use both hands to push down, but arrange them so that you can remove one hand and work on the handguard. Push hard. Hold it with one hand and work out the handguard.

Before I got the tool, that method worked for me.

Now I look back and wonder why I took so long to get the tool.

theres a tool to get those off?
the plastic handguards are pretty easy to get off, the metal ones with tinny rails... those are HARD!

I was so desperate to get it off I asked my wife to help. No wait, I meant... never mind.

They beat me to it......DOH!!!!!!!!!
The easiest way to do it is to put the butt stock either into your belly or the floor and pull the delta ring back twards you or push down twards the floor. I thought it was easier to pull the delta ring twards me.
Once the ring is back far enough you can use your right hand to lift up on the handgard and it should come out of the ring up and twards you if the butt stock is into your belly.
It is difficult but you can do it....just think of something that makes you really angry and summon that inner strength...[smile]

Good luck Shooter.

-Op

Back
Top Bottom