April 5 harvard pics thread

Well no a DUD wouldnt but a hangfire could.

Just checking for duds.
Ibugscartoonmage1.jpg

http://video.google.com/videosearch...q="bugs Bunny" gremlin&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iv#

It wouldn't do that if it was a dud, now would it? [wink]

Last edited:
Wow, what a great day! A special thank you to jdubois for having us as his guests and for being just one hell of a guy!

Mrs. BBQ and I want to thank everyone we spent time with at Harvard today for their kindness and generosity. You were all so good to show us your guns, letting us try them all and just making this a wonderful experience.

Thank you for making sure Mrs. BBQ's first time shooting was a smooth and enjoyable experience for her. It really meant a lot to her....and me. She's also very appreciative of Elizabeth's help in correcting her grip!

We're looking forward to doing this again soon...hopefully with our own guns for you folks to try.

Last edited:
Thanks for coming out everybody! It was a fun time. We had multiple first time shooters there today, always enjoyable to watch people get their feet wet.

And thanks to colt_fan for letting me help him turn his unfired pre-ban colt AR into a fired pre-ban colt AR [grin].

My pleasure, now you need an ACOG on your Colt!

I would have chatted more with you folks, but had to keep an eye on the wife. It was her second time shooting, this is a big step for her. It was actually her idea to go shooting this weekend. She has very sensitive hearing, so I'm gonna be looking for 36db+ hearing protection for her now.

She was actually happy to see 3 other women at the range today as well.

My pleasure, now you need an ACOG on your Colt!

I would have chatted more with you folks, but had to keep an eye on the wife. It was her second time shooting, this is a big step for her. It was actually her idea to go shooting this weekend. She has very sensitive hearing, so I'm gonna be looking for 36db+ hearing protection for her now.

She was actually happy to see 3 other women at the range today as well.

I've got some great foam earplugs that run around ~30dB noise reduction. Combine them with a headset and you should be good to go. I lost the hearing in one ear back in college, so I'm a little paranoid about losing the rest of it. Wish I could have made it out to Harvard today.

I've got some great foam earplugs that run around ~30dB noise reduction. Combine them with a headset and you should be good to go. I lost the hearing in one ear back in college, so I'm a little paranoid about losing the rest of it. Wish I could have made it out to Harvard today.

She had a set of the foam earplugs and a digital headset on. I have a digital one for her so I can communicate instructions to her. So now I'm looking for another headset that looks like Mickey ears for her. What are you using for a headset? The digital ones I have are a 21db rating.

It was the rifles down the line that were bothering her the most, stupid muzzle brakes!

Nice pictures! and finally a good day. Gotta like the smile on the lady in the yellow jacket, looks like she is enjoying herself.

That's no lady...that's my wife! [smile] Actually, she's all lady and one hell of a shot, as it turns out! She had a great time, her first time ever shooting any kind of gun and went on and on all the way home about her favorites.

Yep...she's a keeper. Like a lot of NES'rs, I married WAY up.

MrsBBQUncleRuger.jpg

MrsBBQUnclew22.jpg

MrsBBQUnclewAK47.jpg

MrsBBQUnclewMrsNance.jpg

NESGangHarvard.jpg

I'm so very glad everyone had fun out there today! It was great to see the 'NES invasion' that seems to be becoming a regular Sunday early afternoon occurrence.

We had a newbie out today, basically his first time out, and he had an absolute blast! Thanks to Rob for letting him have a go at the Saiga, the .22LR converted AR-15, the Desert Eagle, and the other AR-15 on the bipod! He really enjoyed them. (I've got some great shit-eating-grin pictures of him with them.)

BBQ.Uncle said:
Thank you for making sure Mrs. BBQ's first time shooting was a smooth and enjoyable experience for her. It really meant a lot to her....and me. She's also very appreciative of Elizabeth's help in correcting her grip!

I'm so glad Mrs. BBQ enjoyed herself! And I'm really glad she liked the Beretta! (I figured she's like either that, the Security Six, or the S&W 17.) Sometimes just taking things slow and figuring out how best to hold things and the best way to use your body to soak recoil so the gun feels secure in your hand and you can have a steady, secure platform to shoot from is a great way to help a newbie feel confident. Actually, I didn't realize it was her _first_day_out_. I figured it was the 2nd or 3rd range trip. She did very well, I hope she keeps this up, it's loads of fun! I'll happily meet her out there anytime she wants another go-round!

~Elizabeth

I realized after I got home that I had a shot timer with me. We should have timed jrob's "automatic" S&W 22 LR handgun... I am still finding brass as I unpack. [smile]

She had a set of the foam earplugs and a digital headset on. I have a digital one for her so I can communicate instructions to her. So now I'm looking for another headset that looks like Mickey ears for her. What are you using for a headset? The digital ones I have are a 21db rating.

It was the rifles down the line that were bothering her the most, stupid muzzle brakes!

I just have some cheapass Home Depot headsets, as I find the plugs are good enough for me.

If the concussion from a brake is a problem, if she's not on the line shooting, try standing behind the person who's putting off the most blast. Muzzle blast used to bother me, now I don't really notice it (stand near Eddie Coyle shooting some of his .500 Magnums, that'll cure it [wink]).

We had a newbie out today, basically his first time out, and he had an absolute blast! Thanks to Rob for letting him have a go at the Saiga, the .22LR converted AR-15, the Desert Eagle, and the other AR-15 on the bipod! He really enjoyed them. (I've got some great shit-eating-grin pictures of him with them.)

I try to please. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom