• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Appleseed Shoots

Gary, you're pretty spot on on your answers. If someone has a vision issue with iron sights, though, we do encourage him to use a scope - my LTR is currently sporting a Weaver K7 scope for that very reason.

I'm not sure a scope will help me, but I'm going to try with Iron sights. I really need to sight in my Tech Sights AR-15 style sight. Rather, I need to have someone show me how to do it correctly.

Gary

I'm not sure a scope will help me, but I'm going to try with Iron sights. I really need to sight in my Tech Sights AR-15 style sight. Rather, I need to have someone show me how to do it correctly.

Gary

Appleseed Shoot, day 1, about 10 AM or so, I believe. [smile] Or when crak gets the mini-appleseeds going at Harvard again, come on down and we can work with you on that.

Appleseed Shoot, day 1, about 10 AM or so, I believe. [smile] Or when crak gets the mini-appleseeds going at Harvard again, come on down and we can work with you on that.

I plan to make a trip to one of the Harvard ones. I'd like to do a full one if it's not too far a trip. I'll know when the schedule comes out.

Gary

I plan to make a trip to one of the Harvard ones. I'd like to do a full one if it's not too far a trip. I'll know when the schedule comes out.
There is a full one on April 19th & 20th at Harvard. There's also a full one a week later in Proctor, VT. I'm hoping to be at both...

Last edited:
There is an article in the February 2008 S.W.A.T. magazine on "The Appleseed Project" worth reading for some background.

It's not on the website yet, but this is their url:

http://www.swatmag.com/
The article will be available in .pdf format after the current issus is off the stands on www.appleseedinfo.org. The author, Stewart Rhodes, attended a shoot out west and was very favorably impressed.

BTW, thanks for reminding me... I want to stop at Borders on my way home tonight and pick up a copy.

There is a full one on April 19th & 20th at Harvard. There's also a full one a week later in Jericho, VT. I'm hoping to be at both...

The one the week after is in Proctor, not Jericho. jericho is on again in June.

Proctor is an excellent spot for all of you .22 owners. We are very distance limited there, and you can use that .22 all weekend.

Jericho, well, you'll want a centerfire, because we go all the way out to 400 yards for the AQT, and we give you a chance to try your hand at 600 yards at the end of Sunday.

BTW, thanks for reminding me... I want to stop at Borders on my way home tonight and pick up a copy.

You are welcome. FWIW, S.W.A.T. is one of the only two gun magazines I subscribe to any more.

I entered my first military rifle "fun" shoot this weekend..100yds, 10 rds bench rest, 10 rds standing, iron sights. Shot my stock AR, nothing special. I just did what Crak showed me a while back, and came in 2nd by 3 pts.

I was surprised by how many didn't know how to use a sling. I have to believe that helped me quite a bit.

Thanks Crak, you teach good stuff!

Anyone looking to really learn how to shoot should attend at least one.

Back
Top Bottom