Anyone use this Gun cleaner?

Someone gave me a bottle of it and their oil as well. It works like any other good cleaner. It has no odor. Can't say if it removes copper, as I only use Blue Bullets in my handguns, and that is all I have used it on so far.

Froglube isn't much of a cleaner, but it is consistently one of the top two or three rust preventers in all of the comparison tests I've seen. I use it on the bore and exterior surfaces of all my firearms for that purpose.

I like M-pro7 for cleaner, Mobile 1 synthetic for lube. Seems to work well.
BTW
CLP aerosol sux! Always runs out of propellant before it’s 1/2 gone.

OP i'm trying to figure out if any navy seals use this product because I'm only interested if navy seals use it.

I’ve heard good things about Ballistol. Problem is I have too much of everything else that works for me already, I haven’t found a need to buy it/test it.

once you start using ballistol as a cleaner the rest of that stash will be given away. it's that good. it's not a lubricant given the propensity to evaporate but as a cleaner it's incredible.

I've been using Mpro7 cleaner and G96 lubricant. Mpro7 is one of the best non-toxic cleaners out there, but there are several like Hoppes Elite and Otis's Bio line which are essentially the same. G96 is an ultra low temperature oil developed for the Canadian military/rangers. It's no VOC (non toxic vapors) but still contains petroleum (don't ingest it).

CLP is a jack of all trades master of none. You are really better using a specific cleaner and a specific lubricant/oil. The military is just big on CLPs because they work "well enough" to keep equipment functioning in the field.

OP i'm trying to figure out if any navy seals use this product because I'm only interested if navy seals use it.

once you start using ballistol as a cleaner the rest of that stash will be given away. it's that good. it's not a lubricant given the propensity to evaporate but as a cleaner it's incredible.

Vincent: Remember, I just got back from Amsterdam.

Lance: Now, my shit, I'll take the Pepsi challenge with that Amsterdam shit, any day of the f***in' week.

Vincent: That's a bold statement.

I always giggle a little when a product says its military grade.
Military grade does not always equal good its just Good Enough for the military.
Kerosene and dish soap are most likely military grade cleaners and used on guns too?

Forgot to mention, lowest bidder.

Don't forget to get one that deals with stiction and the micro lubricant actually soaks into the molecules of the metal to stay where it is needed. Buy it in the one gallon plastic bottles.

I have Glocks, no cleaning needed.
Haven't you taken the Glock Owner's Tide Pod Challenge?

The point behind most CLP style products is to remove the heavy grit and grime while providing lube and rust protection with out completely removing the built up lube and rust protection deep into the grains pores of the steel

Don't forget to get one that deals with stiction and the micro lubricant actually soaks into the molecules of the metal to stay where it is needed. Buy it in the one gallon plastic bottles.
You win.

Last edited:
It's not the molecules it soaks into it's the micro pores. Lol

lube.jpg Mil Spec????? THIS is Mil Spec. I've been using it on my BCGs for the last few years. Seems to work.

Clean with Balistol and alcohol. Lube with Slip 2000 oil and lucas grease.
I've bought a couple of used guns that were COVERED in frog lube, still cleaning that bullshit out. Choose life.

Back
Top Bottom