Anyone use this Gun cleaner?

i thought i might be a bad gun parent by being neglectful....maybe not!

never been on facebook, how does a gun cleaner keep popping up? are there advertisements dispersed throughout it?
Well, I’ve noticed that if I talk about vibrators, cock rings or anal beads around my iPhone, I get ads for Adam and Eve on face book.

And now that I just wrote that, I’m going to get more.

Now how’s that for a thread derailment! Yeah baby!

In a futile attempt to be helpful, I think the consensus of the board is that if you must clean your guns, frog lube is the way to go.

Frog Lube Question

There are countless other threads that sing the benefits of frog lube. But, frog lube does have its haters. Haters gonna hate.

I was looking at colleges last night on our home computer. My wife was surfing her facebook and ads for schools started popping up. I’m not a tin-foiler, but that’s not a coincidence.

I was looking at colleges last night on our home computer. My wife was surfing her facebook and ads for schools started popping up. I’m not a tin-foiler, but that’s not a coincidence.
ah, for some reason i thought fb was a safe space from ads. it's free, right? so i suppose they need income from somewhere.

Doesn’t anyone still just use Hoppes?
Hoppes 9 on all my hunting irons

Regular old clp on my milsurps and carry guns

Both would be just as good on either type of fire arms.......its just tradition.

I've never used or even heard of that solvent. I think you could spend the rest of your life looking for the best cleaner and it won't matter. How often you clean is more important than what you use.

I've used Miltec for years with good results. Doesn't really matter what you clean and lube with, as long as you do.

Also FB digs through your cookies to get info for the ads to target you. Remember, if you're not paying for a product, you ARE the product.

This keeps popping up on my FB page. anyone use it?

Military Grade Weapons Cleaning Solvent
Seems very expensive? Quick look for a MSDS did not turn up.
I have 2 tiers of cleaning/maintenance
For basic everyday use a “CLP” style product is what I go for.
When I want to strip the item free of all dirt and grease i use green/purple type cleaners and or warm water and dish soap.
The point behind most CLP style products is to remove the heavy grit and grime while providing lube and rust protection with out completely removing the built up lube and rust protection deep into the grains of the steel

Frog Lube turns to wax in the cold. It’s a decent nontoxic product, but there are equal or better products out there for a lower price.

Doesn’t anyone still just use Hoppes?

I used to. Switched to Ballistol. Still use Hoppe's solvent.

Balistol (sp) is my go to. I also don’t clean my pistols after every range trip. Doesn’t damage the wood stocks on my rifles either.

+1

Balistol is basically mineral oil and alcohol.

Actually vegetable oil. However, most gun oils are very simple ingredients. They just offer a mixture in a convenient form so we don't have to go around mixing say rapeseed oil, mineral oil, denatured alcohol, and kerosene.

"Military Grade"... sounds like it is super good stuff. Just to knock "military grade" down a peg or two, in the 90's we used what I believe is commercially sold as Breakfree CLP. Honestly, it sucked. It gums up, attracts dirt, and does an overall poor job as either a cleaner or a lubricant (no comment on its rust prevention qualities). While the product mentioned by the OP may be fine, I wouldn't consider "military grade" to be anything more than puffery.

"Military Grade"... sounds like it is super good stuff. Just to knock "military grade" down a peg or two, in the 90's we used what I believe is commercially sold as Breakfree CLP. Honestly, it sucked. It gums up, attracts dirt, and does an overall poor job as either a cleaner or a lubricant (no comment on its rust prevention qualities). While the product mentioned by the OP may be fine, I wouldn't consider "military grade" to be anything more than puffery.

But but but mil-spec guarantees tacti-cool!

Funny thing about this cleaner/lubricant and this post--if you Google the name of this cleaner, this exact conversation with eerily similar posts pops up on at least 3 other gun forums starting with "I saw this stuff on FB...anyone know if it is any good" and then someone chiming in that they don't need cleaners because they put their Glock in a dishwasher. The rest is almost a 1:1 with Mobile 1, vegetable oil, CLP, and Hoppes. Am I in the Matrix?

Why is the whole world now ok with clickbait? Put the damn product in the title so I can scan and ignore ffs. [troll]

Back
Top Bottom