Anyone take firearm courses?

Looking to expand my firearm training and knowledge. As far as places I found
1. Salomon Firearms
2. Tactical Dynamics
3. Mass Firearm school

They all look like they have great classes. Can anyone give their experience if they attended any of them. Pro's and Con's, they are all around the same price but number 3 is the farthest from me. Thanks

MFS. I booked a 1-1 with an instructor a few years ago after getting my CCW and was very satisfied. The instructor was very knowledgeable, and took the time to answer my questions as well as correct my mistakes and errors during the range time.

Looking to expand my firearm training and knowledge. As far as places I found
1. Salomon Firearms
2. Tactical Dynamics
3. Mass Firearm school

They all look like they have great classes. Can anyone give their experience if they attended any of them. Pro's and Con's, they are all around the same price but number 3 is the farthest from me. Thanks

I took my LTC course at MFS and it's a hike for me(I went because they let you take a "free" guest and my BIL was in college up there at the time). It was when they first opened their new facility, it was great. Teachers were good, facility was nice.

Check out NES's own Stu Fuller with @Cloverleaf Firearms Group. He is very highly regarded and a good guy. Lots of folks around here have good things to say.

I won a karma from Stu a while back, he needed guinea pigs for his student police teachers(hope I'm phrasing that right). He ran a really good class, his teachers liked him a lot and I corrected some bad shooting behavior lol. I'd def go to him as well.

Weston Shooters club has ccw classes and the instructors do private lessons.

+1 for sig. I'm sure the other places are great as well. I took a Haley Strategic Partners handgun course at Sig and a lot of the sig instructors were in the class. I wouldn't hesitate to take instruction from any of those guys. Impressive resumes and skills.

Check out NES's own Stu Fuller with @Cloverleaf Firearms Group. He is very highly regarded and a good guy. Lots of folks around here have good things to say.
Agreed. Lots of knowledge, lots of experience, and he really stays on top of shooting and teaching techniques development. A 1 on 1 class with him will definetly show you how many bad habits you actually have, and you will leave with the remedies to them.

If Stu is still teaching, I'd start with him. Sig is cool and all but all the instructor nut swinging that goes on in those classes can be annoying if you are just starting out.

Have to admit, when I started there it was a whole different place and I will agree that that can apply a bit these days. If I did not know a few SIG employees and really only take classes that they signed up for as a way to also see them, I might look harder at other options. The training is still good though.

Back when they had just opened to non MIL/LEO it was a very good place and relatively cheap as all ammo was included and the per day cost was almost 20% less than it is now. Post 9/11 and everyone wanting tactical training, a lot of places went a bit overboard.

Have to admit, when I started there it was a whole different place and I will agree that that can apply a bit these days. If I did not know a few SIG employees and really only take classes that they signed up for as a way to also see them, I might look harder at other options. The training is still good though.

Back when they had just opened to non MIL/LEO it was a very good place and relatively cheap as all ammo was included and the per day cost was almost 20% less than it is now. Post 9/11 and everyone wanting tactical training, a lot of places went a bit overboard.

Don't get me wrong, it is still an absolute treasure to have that place here, I try to go 2-3 times a year since it is like 20 minutes from my house. Their facilities are unmatched, and a few hours of use of the 270* range is worth the cost of admission on its own.

I'm just a little burned out on the whole "I train, bro" lifestyle. The rich dudes who like to show up in their urban assault vehicles to play dress up and shoot some obscure rifle/cartridge so dudes that spent $3-500 to train get distracted and waste time asking a software engineer why he tacticals the way he tacticals, while he finishes the instructors sentences and/or asks why the instructor is doing it differently then the last time he took this class.

The instructors are not immune from this either. I took a Frank Proctor class a few years ago at sig, 4 or 5 sig instructors were in the class as students, and they spent most of the day hanging off of Frank, making it difficult for me to ask Frank particular questions about the information he was putting out.

If Stu is still teaching, I'd start with him. Sig is cool and all but all the instructor nut swinging that goes on in those classes can be annoying if you are just starting out.

Hmmm. I kinda thought you sailors were into that sorta stuff? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Sorry Man, I couldn't resist. If you lob then over the net like that, you gotta know they are gonna come back fast.

Hmmm. I kinda thought you sailors were into that sorta stuff? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Sorry Man, I couldn't resist. If you lob then over the net like that, you gotta know they are gonna come back fast.

I'm always down for some nut swinging, but there's a time and a place for it. In the middle of the class I spent $400 and took a day off of work to attend is neither.

Don't get me wrong, it is still an absolute treasure to have that place here, I try to go 2-3 times a year

In the late 90s early 00s I made it there a few times a year. Now it is every couple years if I am lucky and often just for a 1 day class. The instructors I started with all retired a while ago so I do not get to the you did it different last time level anymore.

Really want to take one of their carbine classes. So far it has all been pistol. The longer classes with simunition were great, especially back when they still included ammo in the cost of the class.

Does anyone know if Cloverleaf is still around? Their website is down and nothing really on FB. Looks like the last time they logged in here was back in 2018. Just wondering if anyone has any inside knowledge.

He’s not dead, if that’s what you’re asking.

I didn't ask if Stu was no longer with us (I would have used a bit more tact if I was), just wondering if his company was still in business and offering classes. Everyone seems to speak very highly of his training and I am looking for a place in the Central MA area. I've checked out Tactical Dynamics (right now the date for the class I am interested in doesn't work for me). I have an hour scheduled at the end of the month with an instructor at MFS, but looking for more of a CCW class on an outdoor range.

I didn't ask if Stu was no longer with us (I would have used a bit more tact if I was), just wondering if his company was still in business and offering classes. Everyone seems to speak very highly of his training and I am looking for a place in the Central MA area. I've checked out Tactical Dynamics (right now the date for the class I am interested in doesn't work for me). I have an hour scheduled at the end of the month with an instructor at MFS, but looking for more of a CCW class on an outdoor range.

I haven’t heard him mention teaching classes in quite some time.

I’m pretty sure he’s too busy making shitty memes to post on IG.

I’m pretty sure he’s too busy making shitty memes to post on IG.
e31.jpg

Another vote for Sig Academy. After many classes there I always walk away with more knowledge, training, and a bit humbled.

Back
Top Bottom