• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

anyone still worship at the .45 acp alter?

greencobra

NES Member
just curious, no judging. i still shoot a bunch of it. reload a ton also. 230 gr. lead rn. i do reload 180 gr semi wadcutters also, but just depleting the stock from my competition days. for defense, i've always liked the idea of a wide body bullet going low and slow into flesh, maybe crashing into a bone here and there. that impact should make one unsteady on their feet.

just curious, no judging. i still shoot a bunch of it. reload a ton also. 230 gr. lead rn. i do reload 180 gr semi wadcutters also, but just depleting the stock from my competition days. for defense, i've always liked the idea of a wide body bullet going low and slow into flesh, maybe crashing into a bone here and there. that impact should make one unsteady on their feet.
I do appreciate the 45. I haven’t shot as much of it lately but when all I owned was a 1911 and a 625 I shot about 500 a week. Such a great cartridge.

It's my favorite to shoot and reload for. 200 grain lswc over 4.6 bullseye makes a fantastic bullseye league load. 180 grain cast over 5.5 tight group is my go to plate banging load......cheap, light recoil and accurate enough for plates at 25 feet.

I have had 2 debates with "newbs" that worship the 9mm and claim the 45acp is an antiquated cartridge. I found it necessary to inform them that 9mm came out in 1901......well before the 45acp. Both cartridges are very old.....and I'll concede that modern 9mm loads are much more potent due to reliable expansion than original 9mm......and it has its place due to extra capacity. But both newbs for some reason were surprised that 9mm had been around since the turn of the last century lol

I love shooting my .45 1911 and P220. Although I have just kind of been sitting on my ammo stockpile for a while now. Prices for .45 have not been coming down like 9mm.

Modern 9mm cartridges are very effect, but I still would not want to be on the business end of the Glock 30 that I sometimes carry.

🐯

I did some 45 casting yesterday. 230gr on the left, 200gr on the right.

20221014_151622.jpg

Back
Top Bottom