• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

I’ve used X-Treme 9mm (various weights) for last couple years.
No issues whatsoever.
With discount and free shipping, you can’t go wrong.

I'm using 4.0gr of Titegroup under all my 124gr 9mm projectiles. It's a good spot in velocity vs recoil.

That load reliably cycles all of my and my wife's 9mm pistols. Makes power factor for IDPA/USPSA in everything from my Glock 42 through my Glock 34. Recoil is negligible, steel falls.

I'm using 4.0gr of Titegroup under all my 124gr 9mm projectiles. It's a good spot in velocity vs recoil.
I am just starting out reloading. A buddy gave/traded me some CFE pistol, and I have Berry's RN 124gr and some coated lead 125gr that appear to be a truncated cone...? Seems like 4.7/4.8 is the sweet spot we found when doing workup on his press. Do you have any experience with CFE?

Any noticeable differences with their HP vs RN?
Yes, their hollow points have a slightly thicker copper coating but they are not a real hollow point in that they don't expand. For 9mm I use their 135 gr hollow points over 3.9 gr of Bullseye. I've been using them for years without any issues. Great for steel.

I am just starting out reloading. A buddy gave/traded me some CFE pistol, and I have Berry's RN 124gr and some coated lead 125gr that appear to be a truncated cone...? Seems like 4.7/4.8 is the sweet spot we found when doing workup on his press. Do you have any experience with CFE?

Sorry. I haven't used CFE.

FWIW, I've loaded 9mm, 38SP, 357M, 44SP, 44M, 45C, and 45ACP with CFE Pistol at various times. I can't remember ever working up a load with CFE Pistol and not ending up at the published max, which I often back off of by 0.1gr. I like the powder a lot in 9mm and 45ACP. Was always disappointed with it in 357M.

Heads up, if you need LPP. Kittery Trading Post has Win LPP in stock online. A friend of mine picked up 2000 LPP this afternoon after he placed the order today. $60 per 1000 plus tax. I haven’t seen any Winchester primers drop from any online vendors lately. Curious if the price will be around $60 per 1k. All of the CCI and Fed primers online from Kittery are all $90-$100 per 1k. Weird.

Thats a good price currently especially since there’s no shipping or hazmat fees.

Well, technically they do charge you a $0.25 shipping bag fee but that a Maine thing.

I’ve used X-Treme 9mm (various weights) for last couple years.
No issues whatsoever.
With discount and free shipping, you can’t go wrong.
Xtreme is good stuff. I reloaded 900 of their 124g 9mm this past week.

I wanted to get some of their .452 to try in the .460 SW, but I read that at .460 speeds the copper plating peels off.

images (20).jpeg

Thats a good price currently especially since there’s no shipping or hazmat fees.

Well, technically they do charge you a $0.25 shipping bag fee but that a Maine thing.
Agreed. Good luck finding them for that cheap anywhere else.

Xtreme is good stuff. I reloaded 900 of their 124g 9mm this past week.

I wanted to get some of their .452 to try in the .460 SW, but I read that at .460 speeds the copper plating peels off.

View attachment 559063
Not the same as 460 but I was surprised how well their 44 cal bullets held up in my desert eagle with a full charge of H110 powder. But the DE rifling is different than revolvers. I should probably try them in my revovler for s&g’s

Agreed. Good luck finding them for that cheap anywhere else.
Imagine for a minute, that you could see yourself posting this two years ago WRT a $60 box of regular old pistol primers.

Would you think your 2 year older version of yourself had gone insane and just started posting random shit?

I can’t really remember because I was just getting into shooting when 2013-2014 panic hit, but did primers go up in price quite a bit then too? I don’t think they did for some reason. They weren’t any more expensive, but they were just harder to get, right?

Imagine for a minute, that you could see yourself posting this two years ago WRT a $60 box of regular old pistol primers.

Would you think your 2 year older version of yourself had gone insane and just started posting random shit?

I can’t really remember because I was just getting into shooting when 2013-2014 panic hit, but did primers go up in price quite a bit then too? I don’t think they did for some reason. They weren’t any more expensive, but they were just harder to get, right?
I still have boxes of CCI primers I bought when I thought Hillary was going to become our President. I paid $32/K, at Cabelas.

During previous obamascares etc price only went up a few bucks but every dealer was rationing primer sales. Like at Rileys you could buy 1000 at a go. If they had them. KTP and others were rationing at 100-200 per day…. i shit you not they would only sell you one or two trays.

It’s never been anywhere near this bad, though.

In stock as of 1/3/2022
Place with a duck logo

Cheddite 209 primers. $218/5000 before tax and shipping.

Coupon code "HAZ21X" to drop Hazmat from $37.00 to $19.95.

That load reliably cycles all of my and my wife's 9mm pistols. Makes power factor for IDPA/USPSA in everything from my Glock 42 through my Glock 34. Recoil is negligible, steel falls.
You make the 125 PF from a .380?

The min caliber for Production is 9mm or .38. Do you know if there is a determination that .380 is 9mm, for the purpose of that rule. And do you find the 6 round mag capacity of the 42 an obstacle in competition?

The min caliber for Production is 9mm or .38. Do you know if there is a determination that .380 is 9mm, for the purpose of that rule. And do you find the 6 round mag capacity of the 42 an obstacle in competition?

Making PF with a .380 is tough even if you are shooting BUG with PF 95 if you have a shorter barrel.

PMC Blazer Brass 90 gr FMJ was only putting out PF of 85 with a 3.3" barrel. The best PF I got with hand loads was 90 and that was using 3.8 gr of Unique behind a Sierra 90gr FMJ. With a max load of 3.1 gr W231 behind 90gr FMJ the PF was only 86.

Sorry, I meant to type "43", not "42".
The 42 is NOT legal for Production. It's legal for BUG only.

I had a 42 briefly, until they came out with the 43.
My 43 has the Pierce + 2 mags on it, which give me a finger grip. I run it in BUG matches, where max load is (4) X 6. It was my carry gun here, but I now carry a 43X with a Shield Arms mag.

This item is not available at this time due to pending orders. Check back in 7 mins to see if items become available.
Yup. Make sure you’re logged in and have credit card info saved to your account. Then play the refresh game when it gets down to the last minute or so.

Back
Top Bottom