• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

It did not.

That Director, out of 10 direct reports, 8 were women. Guess what gender he hired?
Are you just assuming their gender? Because there’s SO many to choose from now.

Tomorrow morning I might wake up as a meatball sandwich. I haven’t decided yet…but then, do I REALLY have any say in the matter?!?!

You and the lady and the dogs always have a plan B location here if the S actually hits the actual fan.
1656824504182.gif

The average person doesn't know what a primer is.

Does it say EXPLOSIVE like smokeless powder?

The "explosive" part is my issue. You should have seen my neighbors face a few months back, I thought he was going to call the cops. I ran inside and made sure every piece of brass was in a locked container and threw all my bullets in a cabinet. [rofl]
😮 no explosive labels

The way ‘you people’ live in MA is unacceptable sir. GTFO of there for christ sake. I assume that Indianapolis job didn’t come to fruition?

If I ordered explosives here, if I HAD any neighbors, I guarantee they would be trying to steal it and would immediately attempt to blow it up themselves.
Let us know when you meet neighbors like this-

Hill+Billy+Hottie.jpg

LPP in the classifieds.

Found the primer pooping Unicorn!View attachment 633528
It works! I carefully unpackaged, read all the instructions and followed all local and state regulations. I also found if you shake it a bit more primers will come out. I’m officially taking orders for mini Unicorn (one in video) and coming soon maxi Unicorn. Go here for a short demonstration video. Taxes and shipping apply. Only sold to reloaded living in la la land and only where the man says you can have these tiny killy thingies. No refunds or exchange. Some model may poop large or magnum primers.

Yes, it’s the first day back at work after a long weekend and clearly I’m not motivated.

LPP in the classifieds.

Price has been lowered....

Also the vendor in the valley has Fed SPP magnums, Fed LPP magnums, CCI SRP and SRP magnums in stock.

Managed to get both LPM and SPMs, so I'm back to equilibrium at a cost of just over $100 per brick, net. Suits me to have it settled, but given that I'm purchasing primers for use a few years from now, it's hard to know whether it's a good move, money wise. Weirdly, I hope it isn't, because if it is, that would be a bad thing.

Managed to get both LPM and SPMs, so I'm back to equilibrium at a cost of just over $100 per brick, net. Suits me to have it settled, but given that I'm purchasing primers for use a few years from now, it's hard to know whether it's a good move, money wise. Weirdly, I hope it isn't, because if it is, that would be a bad thing.
Yes. It’s a good move. Remember when primers got to $50/1000 and everyone was bitching about it…I bought some then and I’m glad I did. I’m still buying now when I can. Just like precious metals stacking, you need to spread out the purchases to make it average out and stay ‘in stock’. Where people get into real trouble is when they’re caught with their pants down and no stock and forced to pay double or more the market rate.

Yes. It’s a good move. Remember when primers got to $50/1000 and everyone was bitching about it…I bought some then and I’m glad I did. I’m still buying now when I can. Just like precious metals stacking, you need to spread out the purchases to make it average out and stay ‘in stock’. Where people get into real trouble is when they’re caught with their pants down and no stock and forced to pay double or more the market rate.
I made the decision to get into reloading during the peak of Covid.

Buy the peak, sell the dip right?

I made the decision to get into reloading during the peak of Covid.

Buy the peak, sell the dip right?
A few of us started in the aftermath of sandy hook. Granted it wasn’t anywhere close to where we are now, but it ended up getting better. The hard times now will make you appreciate the good times that much more if/when they come back.

Definitely not downplaying what you and many others must be going through though.

Tough times for handloaders, indeed. But THAT’s why we do it…so we can still be shooting when no one else is.

Just looked at an online vendor (who ships to MA as far as I can tell going through checkout) who's got the 12k count crates of Fiocchi SPP for $1069 per crate. After shipping and tax it's $1190. Just a hair under 10 cents each. Damn.

To think I bought 24k at Shooters Outpost just as the lockdowns hit, for $600 out the door. OOOOF

Just looked at an online vendor (who ships to MA as far as I can tell going through checkout) who's got the 12k count crates of Fiocchi SPP for $1069 per crate. After shipping and tax it's $1190. Just a hair under 10 cents each. Damn.

To think I bought 24k at Shooters Outpost just as the lockdowns hit, for $600 out the door. OOOOF
Cheaper than TSUSA.

Those mother f*ckers still have the 5K for $600.

Yet they sell out in a few days, so many people are willing to pay those prices. It’s funny that other companies are slowly getting to that price point.
Do they sell out? ... they seem to always have in stock, unless they continue to receive shipments.

I do see some go in and out of stock, but it seems they always have SPP.

I did the math earlier, it is sad, but even at those prices it is still cheaper to reload.

It's the age old question - would you rather they have them in stock at that price or be out of them at a very reasonable price?
I hear you and because it is still cheaper to reload, if Inwas desperate I might pay the price.

I am glad I bought a lot of primers before COVID, with the last purchase being those European primers at $70/K during COVID.

Not sure if it’s a good sign that CCI SPP has stayed in stock all day at the Ram. Maybe $96 per 1k before shipping/hazmat is the limit for many. Or peoples reloading shelves are getting full?

Not sure if it’s a good sign that CCI SPP has stayed in stock all day at the Ram. Maybe $96 per 1k before shipping/hazmat is the limit for many. Or peoples reloading shelves are getting full?
Or people are paying through the nose for gas and food is more likely. Mommy’s across the nation are stepping on dad’s dick and cutting the budget for primers. My dog doesn’t give a shit, so I’m still going to buy when I can lump some pow pow in with it.

Or people are paying through the nose for gas and food is more likely. Mommy’s across the nation are stepping on dad’s dick and cutting the budget for primers. My dog doesn’t give a shit, so I’m still going to buy when I can lump some pow pow in with it.
A lot of stuff is sitting or coming down in price. Gunbroker last night had 5000 CCI small rifle primers not sell for $500 + $30 shipping....so I think prices will come down (or availability will stick around). These ones look like $410 for 5000 CCI SRP: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/938798840

EDIT: Just sold for $410 + tax, but that's shipped, cheaper than any online vendor of which I am aware.

People may have been satiated as the crisis appears over as ammo comes back on the shelves.

I have to imagine the gas, food (at home), electricity and heating is biting into people's budgets. That's before we even talk about rent and housing.

A lot of stuff is sitting or coming down in price. Gunbroker last night had 5000 CCI small rifle primers not sell for $500 + $30 shipping....so I think prices will come down (or availability will stick around). These ones look like $410 for 5000 CCI SRP: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/938798840

EDIT: Just sold for $410 + tax, but that's shipped, cheaper than any online vendor of which I am aware.

People may have been satiated as the crisis appears over as ammo comes back on the shelves.

I have to imagine the gas, food (at home), electricity and heating is biting into people's budgets. That's before we even talk about rent and housing.
Until the run up to the mid-terms.

I think we’ll have a month or two of decent buying before prices and demand kick up a little again…but the disposable income just isn’t there for most people.

I have been gradually stocking up on primers. I paid some "ass rape" prices for some of them when I absolutely needed them to reload. While I have no where near enough to last through a famine I have stockpiled some. I also bought a lot of ammo instead of components when I couldn't get primers and powder. As a result I am sitting on a lot of factory ammo which adds to the decision to not just jump on the first primers that come along.

When ammo and components started coming back in stock around the end of last year I decided to set aside some money from each paycheck for ammo or components. I did that and have been in stocking up mode for the last 6 months. I have no plans to discontinue that. I know everyone's budget is getting squeezed and my wife and I decided to cut our budget by not eating out a few times a week. We also have started majorly shopping the sales at grocery stores and using coupons. I used to run up to NH without thinking twice to buy stuff. Now I am trying to make a list and consolidate my trips to save on gas. Lots of places to cut spending and conserve before I need to stop buying ammo and components.

Back
Top Bottom