• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

Natchez with a mega primer drop. And boy do the prices suck lol
Federal Premium Champion Centerfire Primers Small Pistol
Federal Premium Champion Centerfire Primers Mag Large Rifle
Federal Premium Champion Centerfire Primers Large Rifle
Federal Premium Champion Centerfire Primers Small Rifle
CCI Standard Primers #500 Small Pistol

I love me some Fed marshmallows....but enough already....what has to happen for these prices to come back to earth...end of days ?

I stocked up on cci primers a bit while they were approaching $75 or so, felt stupid wasting more than a grand back then, and now with prices above a 100 - well. It’s all relative.
Makes me wonder if I should have held onto all of those cases of SPP I bought for friends over the last year+ when they were well under $100
I never thought the prices would continue to keep going up like they are. Ah well. Glad I could share the wealth

Makes me wonder if I should have held onto all of those cases of SPP I bought for friends over the last year+ when they were well under $100
I never thought the prices would continue to keep going up like they are. Ah well. Glad I could share the wealth
never regret good deeds, as, well, life is too short for that.

ps. and never expect much gratitude for 'em, neither. :)

I love me some Fed marshmallows....but enough already....what has to happen for these prices to come back to earth...end of days ?
China was challenging the US for numero uno economy and global currency standard until it turned into the totalitarian freak show it is now. Currently, the USD is the uncontested king and the US is clearly the leading economy, so how goes the US is how goes the world. For the prices to come back to earth we will need leadership that is fiscally responsible, not an enemy to manufacturing, not an enemy to energy production, and not an enemy to economic policy that favors the US. #1 would be fiscal responsibility in order to curb inflation without the poison pill of artificially high interest rates combined with lax monetary policy. Compounding the ammo and components issue is an administration that is an enemy to 2A and is able to stoke fear WAY beyond its actual ability to take action. And we fall for it, every f-ing time...

China was challenging the US for numero uno economy and global currency standard until it turned into the totalitarian freak show it is now. Currently, the USD is the uncontested king and the US is clearly the leading economy, so how goes the US is how goes the world. For the prices to come back to earth we will need leadership that is fiscally responsible, not an enemy to manufacturing, not an enemy to energy production, and not an enemy to economic policy that favors the US. #1 would be fiscal responsibility in order to curb inflation without the poison pill of artificially high interest rates combined with lax monetary policy. Compounding the ammo and components issue is an administration that is an enemy to 2A and is able to stoke fear WAY beyond its actual ability to take action. And we fall for it, every f-ing time...
Damn...we need all that...well end of days it is ;-)

It appears they have sold out on Natchez , so the prices aren't coming down anytime soon.

On Sunday at Cabela's they had 4 lonely cans of powder (BLC-2 and a couple others). I dislike how they constantly move stuff around so you have to hunt around for it.

It appears they have sold out on Natchez , so the prices aren't coming down anytime soon.

On Sunday at Cabela's they had 4 lonely cans of powder (BLC-2 and a couple others). I dislike how they constantly move stuff around so you have to hunt around for it.
Appreciate the heads up regarding Cabelas. They completely blow since the BassPro takeover.

Appreciate the heads up regarding Cabelas. They completely blow since the BassPro takeover.
I will say that their factory ammo prices seem to have leveled out. They had plenty of 9 mm factory (Herters was $17 a box I believe) and there was a ton of 22 at competitive prices (compared to Walmart).

This was Sunday morning at opening (10am).

I think he had 85 pms in the first 2 minutes at that price. The ad got updated within the first 10 minutes.
it was just one odd box of primers, though. i just went through 2 boxes in a month. probably will slow down a bit now.
the peculiar thing is - i saw recently almost all powders of interest to pop up, but primers are so far not really showing at usual places. i hope valley will not jerk up their prices like larry and ram did. will see.

Vendor in the valley has CCI SRP...but appears limit is 1....
I'd buy a carton but you are right- limit is 1 and there is absolutely nothing else in stock that I would want in order to spread around the hazmat fee. I have some now and am not yet in a position that I need to wantonly blow $ getting more.

I'd buy a carton but you are right- limit is 1 and there is absolutely nothing else in stock that I would want in order to spread around the hazmat fee. I have some now and am not yet in a position that I need to wantonly blow $ getting more.
I don’t remember them having that limit before, but I don’t think I’ve ever made it that far in ordering from them. It doesn’t state it on the page but if you try to put in more than one for quantity it gives you an error.

I don’t remember them having that limit before, but I don’t think I’ve ever made it that far in ordering from them. It doesn’t state it on the page but if you try to put in more than one for quantity it gives you an error.
they have some things like that. like for most powders it is a 5lb limit per day. it will not let you put more than 5 1lb cans to the cart, and if you make more than one oder in that day - they will cancel it.

for primers i think they had 2 boxes limit for a while, or no limit sometimes. well. dunno what to say.

Holy f*ck. Once my current stock of primers runs out I may just stop shooting and start selling guns. $600 for a 5k brick is stupid. I bought a case each of 9mm and .45acp factory ammo several weeks back at the Mills and that didn't hurt too bad. I haven't sat down and done the math but at current prices is it actually cheaper to buy factory fmj 9mm than it is to reload it? Even factoring that brass is free? :/
Sad part is ... even paying $600, with powder + bullets, you can still reload something like 9mm for cheaper than factory ammo.

Bro, you selling me a case saved my a** at the time.

🥦 doesn't forget.

I will use my powder load for this calculation ... 4 lbs = 10,370 9mm (I will round to 10K)

I will use 160 grain BAYOU bullets that are probably some of the most expensive and I will use the $600/5K from TSUSA.

4lbs of N320 shipped from Midway = $207
10,000 bullets = $981
10,000 primers = $1200

= $2387 for 10K bullets or $0.23/bullet.

That = $238/1K ... for match grade ammo.

You can't even find steel case sh*t for $238/K.

Keep in mind ... if you dont ship the powder, the $207 drops to $160.

If you buy lighter bullets or a different brand, you can probably save $100-200 there. (Example: BAYOU 125 are $100 cheaper for 10,000).

N320 is one of the most expensive powders. If you buy E3 (which shoots very nice in 9mm), you can get 4lbs for $115. That is another $50 in savings before shipping.

I used the high prices on purpose. Going cheaper and buying powder at the local shop you can probably reload 10K for $200/K or less.

So, it is sad, but reloading is still cheaper.

Last edited:
and in 6.5 creedmoor a 1lb of $52 per lb Reloder 16 is, well, a 166 charges.
rifles eat way more of the good stuff than 9mm.

and in 9mm - the steel tula still rules the world. just shoot it and forget it.
Maybe it’s dumb, but I’d love to see a regularly updated spreadsheet that lists the costs of different cartridges with components at an average cost.

I’m not smart enough, but an online API that would pull cost data across different retailers and put it into a calculator would be really cool.

Maybe it’s dumb, but I’d love to see a regularly updated spreadsheet that lists the costs of different cartridges with components at an average cost.

I’m not smart enough, but an online API that would pull cost data across different retailers and put it into a calculator would be really cool.
huh.
what is the point to put a sheet with costs on a stuff you just cannot buy?

like - if you see Reloder16 anywhere - you just grab it and be happy. it was on sale so far, since january - 3 (three) times only.
lately it was at precision reloading, at the highest price i saw so far, and i got an another 8lb jug, so, it will last me now with 10-11lbs in the other jug for some time.

varget was also, may be 4-5 times offered here and there, and was not seen anymore in last month or 2. any time this shit appears anywhere it is $4-$5 pricier than before, per lb. like that last 8lb reloder16 jug - was $433.61 shipped .

going back 1 year - looking at my emails - $324.99.

and in 6.5 creedmoor a 1lb of $52 per lb Reloder 16 is, well, a 166 charges.
rifles eat way more of the good stuff than 9mm.

and in 9mm - the steel tula still rules the world. just shoot it and forget it.
Yes ... and how much does that factory ammo cost?

Match grade, because what you reload is a lot better than the cheap stuff.

I bet it is still cheaper to reload than buy for 6.5 creed.

Create a spreadsheet, it is 3 numbers, easy calculation: Powder, Brass, Primers.

Paste the cost and it calculates the total.

I don't include brass because I have 5K cases, and I only opened a box of 1K that I have reloaded over 11 times already, only losing around 50.

But, in cartridges where brass might only last 4 or 5 reloads, it might make sense, specially if you are paying $1/case.

so far - way cheaper. or not possible to buy at all, like 6 dasher.
but, still, far from being cheap.
Cheap / expensive is relative.

Compared to factory ammo, that is not tailored to your gun, it is cheap.

Dollar wise without comparing to anything but just looking at a dollar number, it is expensive. But can't look at it that way, if you do then stop shooting.

Going back to the $600 primers and factory ammo ... the interesting part is, using my expensive numbers above, you can still reload handgun ammo for about the price of a case of steel 9mm PRE COVID.

Back
Top Bottom