Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

What’s the over/under on these selling out by the end of the day?

Edit...I guess they didn’t last very long at all.

So here’s my question...with ammo prices coming down, why in gods name are primer prices going up still and why are people paying this amount?

$.12/ is f***ing retarded when you can buy ammo again for $.25/, right?

I prefer my 9mm reloads to anything I can buy. They're consistent, they make power factor, they cycle all of my 9mm firearms and I'm accustomed to their sound, feel and sight (flash/smoke).

Same goes for my .38spcl, .357Mag and .357Sig rounds.

My .45ACP rounds are basically indistinguishable from factory, so I might as well load them too.

So someone on discord claims they have a friend who works at the Ram:

"From a friend at the Ram: Ram primers - their cost in 2019 — 26/k. Their cost currently — 51/k. They boosted their margin on primers from 15% to 65% "

"From a friend at the Ram: Ram primers - their cost in 2019 — 26/k. Their cost currently — 51/k. They boosted their margin on primers from 15% to 65% "
Pretty incredible that they’ve managed to coordinate price increases basically industry wide.

At this point it almost seems like a contest to see who can get retards to pay the most retard prices.

makes sense, only lazy is not using up the moment now. 65% margin, not too shabby.
as a perfect sample of a retard who just got into reloading - guilty as charged. :)

makes sense, only lazy is not using up the moment now. 65% margin, not too shabby.
And if this is true, we're clearly never going to see primers below $51 per 1k. I assumed whenver this shit blows over that the rock bottom price on SPP would be around $50 per 1k PLUS shipping and hazmat but it appears that will not be the case. Especially with inflation, cost of materials etc.

Stop posting primers at ass rape prices.

The let down is just too much for me to handle.
Stop creating threads 10 months ago for people to post ass rape primer prices!

You and you alone have the ability to change the thread title to ‘unicorn droppings for ass rape’

Pretty incredible that they’ve managed to coordinate price increases basically industry wide.

At this point it almost seems like a contest to see who can get retards to pay the most retard prices.
Works just like house prices. Raise prices, and only lower if the market shows you are unable to sell at the higher price.

And, as one business owner so eloquently put it, vendors will tack on inflation and "a little something for themselves".

Should I be working a a mega order if I can get a decent price. 1+ year delivery? - same terms as the last order (If you have not seen the photo in post #92, it's worth a look); and delivery will almost certainly be late. 1M minimum. There is a lot of parallel importation going on, so I am not sure about availability or pricing as I expect the US situation has effects on the European market.

Plus, nothing coming in from the Murom Apparatus Producing Plant puts a bit of strain on things.
Stop creating threads 10 months ago for people to post ass rape primer market prices!

The only market force to moderate the price is for consumers to know the practice will put them on the buyer shitlist. BUT... if one vendor did offer prices at the old markup, they would be out and you would be unlikely to get any from them. The free market answer is simple "Would you rather then vendor have them at $120/K or be out of stock at $60/K).

Works just like house prices. Raise prices, and only lower if the market shows you are unable to sell at the higher price.

And, as one business owner so eloquently put it, vendors will tack on inflation and "a little something for themselves".

Should I be working a a mega order if I can get a decent price. 1+ year delivery? - same terms as the last order (If you have not seen the photo in post #92, it's worth a look); and delivery will almost certainly be late. 1M minimum. There is a lot of parallel importation going on, so I am not sure about availability or pricing as I expect the US situation has effects on the European market.

Plus, nothing coming in from the Murom Apparatus Producing Plant puts a bit of strain on things.

The only market force to moderate the price is for consumers to know the practice will put them on the buyer shitlist. BUT... if one vendor did offer prices at the old markup, they would be out and you would be unlikely to get any from them. The free market answer is simple "Would you rather then vendor have them at $120/K or be out of stock at $60/K).
If they sell them at $70/K again, like the last order, I will buy 10K.

Those primers work fine and are soft like Federal.

So here's a kicker. I have a couple fellow USPSA/IDPA friends sponsored by D&L in Warwick, RI. I was just informed by another source that D&L got in a big shipment of primers and each of my friends were sold 20k CCI SPP at $80 per 1k....WOW.
That's a little absurd when there's so many people that need/want primers and they offload 40k primers to 2 people!!!
Ugh

So here's a kicker. I have a couple fellow USPSA/IDPA friends sponsored by D&L in Warwick, RI. I was just informed by another source that D&L got in a big shipment of primers and each of my friends were sold 20k CCI SPP at $80 per 1k....WOW.
That's a little absurd when there's so many people that need/want primers and they offload 40k primers to 2 people!!!
Ugh
And they got raped. What is the point of being sponsored if you are still paying $80/K? LOL.

I guess you can say their sponsorship got them a better deal. I guess.

1) We would need a receiver because I don't want to have the same experience someone down under had. He tried to personally solve that continent's ammo shortage but cut corners with that pesky customs thing and it did not work out well for him. Legal problems selling ammo without a license and storing pallets of primers in my garage. Won't go there.

2) Cases are "about 7000" primers. "About" because each case and tray are labeled with the exact count. This sort of thing is common in industrial supplies (which is what this is)

And they got raped. What is the point of being sponsored if you are still paying $80/K? LOL.

I guess you can say their sponsorship got them a better deal. I guess.
Yeah the price sucks but you literally cannot buy primers for $80 per 1k right now anywhere else. Even the Ram is $83 per 1k plus shipping and hazmat. So by todays standard's it's a deal lol.
TSUSA just sold out at $127 per 1k lol.

What’s the over/under on these selling out by the end of the day?

Edit...I guess they didn’t last very long at all.

So here’s my question...with ammo prices coming down, why in gods name are primer prices going up still and why are people paying this amount?

$.12/ is f***ing retarded when you can buy ammo again for $.25/, right?

I load 9mm, .38spcl, .357mag, .357sig and as of recently .45acp. For perspective, I probably load as much 9mm as the sum of all of the others.

Each of the loads was developed, (it's not that complicated, nothing like precision rifle must be), to reliably cycle my firearms, make power factor and be "pleasant" to shoot.

So, having gotten these loads dialed in, I have no desire to shoot factory ammo. I've got factory ammo on my shelves, purchased before I started reloading each of the calibers, and the only thing I use it for is checking my chronograph, and for the first ten rounds or so through a new gun.

I don't know what it costs me per round. Primers, powder, bullets acquired at different times for different prices - I suppose I could have tracked it all with a spreadsheet, but it never seemed worth the effort.

I load 9mm, .38spcl, .357mag, .357sig and as of recently .45acp. For perspective, I probably load as much 9mm as the sum of all of the others.

Each of the loads was developed, (it's not that complicated, nothing like precision rifle must be), to reliably cycle my firearms, make power factor and be "pleasant" to shoot.

So, having gotten these loads dialed in, I have no desire to shoot factory ammo. I've got factory ammo on my shelves, purchased before I started reloading each of the calibers, and the only thing I use it for is checking my chronograph, and for the first ten rounds or so through a new gun.

I don't know what it costs me per round. Primers, powder, bullets acquired at different times for different prices - I suppose I could have tracked it all with a spreadsheet, but it never seemed worth the effort.
This is what I try to explain to people ... even if your cost is the same as factory ammo, you need to consider:

1. You are making custom match ammo for a specific gun, you can't get that from factory.

2. Most people compare it to the cheap factory ammo. How much does match grade ammo cost? (If they even sell it).

3. No need to depend on supply or running to the store.

In a perfect world we can accomplish this at a lower cost than the cheapest factory ammo, but worse case for anyone that just started reloading or ran out of cheap primers, you end up paying about the same or just a little less for a better product.

Ugh
D&L will never pass up an opportunity to Ass Rape their customers, at least the sponsored guys get a reach around!

Ugh
"Sponsored by" is the key. The entire purpose of sponsorship is a mutual exchange of benefit between the sponsor and sponsoree. This story gives no indication about their business policy, only how they treat those they sponsor.

This is what I try to explain to people ... even if your cost is the same as factory ammo, you need to consider:

1. You are making custom match ammo for a specific gun, you can't get that from factory.

2. Most people compare it to the cheap factory ammo. How much does match grade ammo cost? (If they even sell it).

3. No need to depend on supply or running to the store.

In a perfect world we can accomplish this at a lower cost than the cheapest factory ammo, but worse case for anyone that just started reloading or ran out of cheap primers, you end up paying about the same or just a little less for a better product.

UPS just, as in five minutes ago, delivered my order from XTreme. That's 5,000 bullets, of which 3,000 are 9mm. Think your favorite source has 60 boxes of 9mm at an affordable price? That they'll sell to you? I've heard an awful lot of stories about quantity limits.

The other nice thing about reloading is that I buy components as I need them. I've currently got primers and powder, just re-stocked bullets. I'll probably buy some powder next week, but I have time to shop around.

IMG_0835.jpg

"Sponsored by" is the key. The entire purpose of sponsorship is a mutual exchange of benefit between the sponsor and sponsoree. This story gives no indication about their business policy, only how they treat those they sponsor.
Being sponsored by DL got them a pass to the front of the line.

By days end, im sure they will be gone.
Yep. I got no real skin in the game as I have plenty of primers but I was just surprised that they sold that many to 2 people. Good on them though if you can get it.

Back
Top Bottom