Anyone know of a place that sells Aimpoint batteries local?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
My battery in my ML2 Aimpoint is starting to give out and it's time for a replacement. I can get them online, but I always hate paying shipping and hoping that it doesn't get lost in the mail. Unfortunately I also just remembered this as I'm getting ready to attend a Carbine class this weekend. Basically dictates that I need to find a battery around here local.

Does anyone know of a place that sells them. According the the Aimpoint web site I need the following battery:

DL1/3N (Duracell) or 2L76 (Ucar, Varta) 1pc, 3-volt, Ø11.6x10.8 mm, Lithium

I figured I ask before driving around and wasting gas trying to find one.

Thanks for the help.

That battery is a popular one for maintaining CMOS in computers. You might try a computer store or a place that services computers. I've also seen it used in Cameras. Try a photo shop or even the counter at CVS (I've had great luck with oddball batteries at CVS)

I just bought an Ultra Dot 30 MM for my MK11 22/45 target pistol. Not having looked through one before this, I am curious as to the red dot looking like a star-burst as opposed to an actual dot. Question being, is this normal?

are you sure you're looking through the right side? It won't be perfectly round but it shouldn't be that far off from a dot.

Note: remove sight from pistol before looking down the other side.

are you sure you're looking through the right side? It won't be perfectly round but it shouldn't be that far off from a dot.

Note: remove sight from pistol before looking down the other side.

If the little rubber thing-ee is the eye piece, then I'm looking through the right side.

Note: To commit suicide, one would look from the other side. That is how I was taught long ago.

If you make the dot too bright, it can take on the appearance of a star. If that's not the case, then you should have your vision checked - seriously. I have several Ultra Dots, and noticed that I wasn't getting a nice round dot. Now that I wear mild corrective lenses, the dots look much better.

If you make the dot too bright, it can take on the appearance of a star. If that's not the case, then you should have your vision checked - seriously. I have several Ultra Dots, and noticed that I wasn't getting a nice round dot. Now that I wear mild corrective lenses, the dots look much better.

Thanks Dick,

I know that to bright will give that appearance, but even at a low to medium power there seems to be a series of dots grouped together. I do wear glasses and intend to see an eye doctor in my area that was recommended on this site because he also shoots.

I know that to bright will give that appearance, but even at a low to medium power there seems to be a series of dots grouped together. I do wear glasses and intend to see an eye doctor in my area that was recommended on this site because he also shoots.

Hmmm. Well, assuming your eyes check out then the sight must be defective. Has it always had a series of dots, or did it develop them? Either way, Ultra Dots have a lifetime guarantee. Did you get it from Larry's? Perhaps a call to them would help figure out what's wrong and if they need to repair or replace the sight.

The 1/3N was the battery needed for one of my older cameras. I would purchase them at my local camera shop. It may be available at one of the larger stores such as Ritz.

It was also the battery used in on of my first dive computers. The last time I purchased batteries I bought them mail order.

Thanks Dick,

I'm not sure about the multiple dot thing, but my Aimpoint has a center dot and it looks like some red "star" type lines coming out of it. It's interesting in that some people don't see it at all, some people see it a little and some see it a lot. From what I've heard, it depends upon if you have an asthigmatism (sp?) in your eyes. If you do, it can cause the lines to be view when using red dot optics.

Hmmm. Well, assuming your eyes check out then the sight must be defective. Has it always had a series of dots, or did it develop them? Either way, Ultra Dots have a lifetime guarantee. Did you get it from Larry's? Perhaps a call to them would help figure out what's wrong and if they need to repair or replace the sight.

The sight is new and I did get it from Larry's. I will give them a call.

I'm not sure about the multiple dot thing, but my Aimpoint has a center dot and it looks like some red "star" type lines coming out of it. It's interesting in that some people don't see it at all, some people see it a little and some see it a lot. From what I've heard, it depends upon if you have an asthigmatism (sp?) in your eyes. If you do, it can cause the lines to be view when using red dot optics.

Red star type lines is what I am seeing. I will mention asthigmatism (sp?) to the eye doctor when I see him.

Well I called Larry's and talked to Amanda. She has had other calls about the same issue. The thin coating on the lens is not absolutley smooth. Think of an orange skin. Because of this, some people have the ability, if they are concentrating on the dot, to see the star type lines and or the multiple dot. She has had the same problem, and recomends looking past the dot and at the target instead. Thinking about it, I have read that previously elsewhere.

Problem solved. I have been using glasses to shoot with my iron sights. They gave me a clear view of the sights, so, when the Ultra Dot arrived, I assumed that it being about the same distance in my hand from my eye, that I should use the same glasses. Wrong!! Took the glasses off the other night and guess what? A perfect round red dot appeared when I held the Ultra Dot in the position it would be, when mounted on the pistol. No glasses needed, just common eye protection that would normally be used. Couldn't believe it!!!!!![smile]

Oh yeah - the dot is focused at infinity, which is the same point of focus for the target, assuming the target is a reasonable distance away. Glad to hear it's working for you now.

you always want to focus on the target and not the dot. One of the tricks I use to make sure I am really using both eyes when I shoot is to tape over the front lens of the scope, if you are focused on the target, you will see the dot and the target like you normally would, if you focus on the dot, then you can't see the target

Back
Top Bottom