Anyone else see the Dick's Sporting Goods ad this morning?

Holy jeebus!

Remington UMC 9mm is up to $11.98 per box ON SALE and ONLY IF YOU BUY THE CASE! Just a couple months ago this was $7.98 and then $8.98.

That's a robbery in progress! I hope no one buys it.[angry2]

Holy jeebus!

Remington UMC 9mm is up to $11.98 per box ON SALE and ONLY IF YOU BUY THE CASE! Just a couple months ago this was $7.98 and then $8.98.

Sadly, people do...Not many places to buy bulk 9mm, (I buy my 9mm at Walmart) and local fun shops are charging $15.99 for a 50rd box of WWB, [shocked] (of course they're not overpricing their ammo for any panic buyers - silly to think that [/sarcasm]). The .40 is up to $18.98....

Holy jeebus!

wow. all done with dicks, its all walmart WWB now

I agree, all WWB from wally world now. Anyone know if wally world is still 14.98 for WWB .40 right now? I need to start stocking up....this is getting ridiculous.

Reloading is looking better and better.

Hard Jeep is right. Get into reloading. You wind up spending the same amount of money as buying factory ammo, but have a lot more ammo available. I haven't bought anything other than 22LR in years. At present useage, I have enough to last until we have a new government in 2012.

We buy are ammo at walmart and get the UMC remington in 9MM and the .38 special is just too much that I really don't shoot it that much anymore

WTF?

Remington UMC Ammo
UMC 9mm 11.98
UMC .45 ACP or .40 S&W 17.98

being a dumbass, i didn't buy up a case of .45 when I got the case of .40

[angry]

I'll be sure to stock up IF it comes down to $14.99 (case price) again.

What Walmarts sell ammo? All the local ones to me say they don't. I'd love to be able to get ammo the days the gun store local to me is closed. I just paid $37 for a 100 round box of .45 ACP target ammo at 4 Seasons last week. The store local to me went up to $18.95 for .40 target ammo 50 rounds. I remember a couple years ago is was $11.95 a 50 round box.

What Walmarts sell ammo? All the local ones to me say they don't. I'd love to be able to get ammo the days the gun store local to me is closed.

Go up to NH... I haven't seen any walmarts in NH that didn't sell ammo.

Even going outside of the 128 loop in MA may yield more stores that sell ammo.

-Mike

Ammo prices going up NOW is ridiculous.
For the past two+ years they have been saying it is because the metal prices have been increasing. Now that the economy has tanked and metal prices are down the ammo should be going down as well.

Double whammy since I have been saving up scrap copper and the price went from 3+ $$$ per pound to 1.50.
[frown]

Ammo prices going up NOW is ridiculous.
For the past two+ years they have been saying it is because the metal prices have been increasing. Now that the economy has tanked and metal prices are down the ammo should be going down as well.

Double whammy since I have been saving up scrap copper and the price went from 3+ $$$ per pound to 1.50.
[frown]

Its the Obama price that is increasing now.

Hard Jeep is right. Get into reloading. You wind up spending the same amount of money as buying factory ammo, but have a lot more ammo available. I haven't bought anything other than 22LR in years.

Same here. I've been reloading since the mid 80's, now I'm up to 18 different calibers. The only factory ammo I have on hand is for my carry pieces.

And as has been posted here many times before . . . Bellingham, Walpole and N. Attleboro Wal-Marts also sell ammo. What is in stock at any store at a given moment will vary wildly depending on all the panic buying going on.

Back
Top Bottom