• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone a Member of Fin Fur and Feather

Looking for a good club and I live right down the street. Wondering if anyone is a member and can give me some insight. On paper it looks like it has everything I would want in a club except the rifle range. Noticed in the Saftey rules that they have an informal arrangement with Westwood. If folks could share some light on that as well, would be much appreciated.

Also looks like the application has spaces for 2 member recommendations......so if you are a member and are willing to have a discussion with me I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks,
JDS

I've met people from there. If you are a member of GOAL, go thru some back issues and read their meeting minutes. It'll give you a "flavor" for the club. If you aren't a GOAL member, give them a call at 508-393-5333 and sign up, tell them Len (of NES) sent you.

My Sister is a member of the club. She got her LTC-A, no restrictions a bit more than a year ago, and wanted a place to shoot indoors during the winter.

She didn't know anyone in the club, but had no problem joining. I think they make women very welcome.

I've been there with her a few times, and it's a nice facility. The 25 yard indoor range is nice with about 8 stations, but not the best lighting. There is a short outdoor "plinking" range. Maybe a 25 yard range for outdoor pistol and rifle.

The clubhouse is great, very comfortable and lodge like, with leather chairs and fireplace and trophies on the wall.

Mostly a shotgun club from what I see, which leaves the pistol range vacant except on team shoot nights.

Nice trout pond, and the Charles River goes through the property.

I've talked to membership BOD, and they seem very nice, welcomed me to join.

All in all seemed like a good club, unless 100 yard or longer rifle range is important to you. I don't know about their deal with Westwood.

FFF is part of the Maspenock Bullseye league that I shoot in. We always look forward to visiting the club because they have such a nice, comfy "living room" to sit in while waiting to shoot! Nice folks.

Back
Top Bottom