Anybody looking for .223/5.56 brass?

Anyone know if they'd ship / if it'd be worth it to do so? I'm in waay western ma and want to get a stock of brass for reloading.

Shipping might be very expensive - a box of 4000 feels like it's around 50 pounds.

Kudos to Eddie Coyle for posting this. There is now 20,000 pieces of pretty nice brass sitting in my basement.

There are two pallet loads left right now in his warehouse for anybody who is still looking for some of this.

This is about 20 minutes north of where I work - so if anybody is looking for more of this I could potentially go up for more and then do the exchange down here.

You can easily fit 1000 .223 shell cases in a USPS box and ship it anywhere in the 48 contiguous states for like 12 bucks.

I think I'll try giving him a call tomorrow to see if he'll ship, and what it would cost.

he never delivers any USPS box to my house, always leaves a slip in the mailbox.

Yeah, I just got some other components in the mail, my post office put the boxes on a trolley and wheeled that out to the car [smile]

I think I'll try giving him a call tomorrow to see if he'll ship, and what it would cost.

Yeah, I just got some other components in the mail, my post office put the boxes on a trolley and wheeled that out to the car [smile]

Qmmo is right - a USPS Priority Mail flat rate box would probably be the best deal on how to ship this.

If MFL won't do it for you - send me a PM. We can figure something out.

PS: I started going thru some of the brass I picked up this afternoon - and there is some Fiocchi "G.F.L." headstamp brass mixed in. I would estimate about 10% of what I have gone thru so far.

Qmmo is right - a USPS Priority Mail flat rate box would probably be the best deal on how to ship this.

If MFL won't do it for you - send me a PM. We can figure something out.

PS: I started going thru some of the brass I picked up this afternoon - and there is some Fiocchi "G.F.L." headstamp brass mixed in. I would estimate about 10% of what I have gone thru so far.

Most of the 2,000 pieces I picked up there a week or so ago were Fiocchi. Apparently the next batch he'll be getting in is supposed to be all Fiocchi.

I'm back and forth between Bolton and Pittsfield just about every other week, so if you guys need me to get involved in the transport chain I'll be happy to help out.

Information here

just called them. the guys there had no idea how i would be able to come pick any up...as the guy who deals with "that stuff" wasn't in.

i'll probably be making a trip up there this weekend, if people wanna combine pickups.

Call me before making the trip so I can have your order ready.
Jim 603.396.6540

Hey guys,

I just spoke to Jim and he suggested linking up with some of you if you were willing. Since he's moving between warehouses shipping isn't so easy right now.

calsdad/Dick, that would be awesome if something could be worked out about picking up a batch. I'm in the Pittsfield area. Let me know what you want to do?

If there is an order going to the Pittsfield area, I would like to get in, I'm not far from there.

Thanks

I'm actually sitting at my project site in Pittsfield as I write this (stealing time from a meeting). My next trip out here is scheduled for Monday, April 20. If we can work out the details between now and then, I can meet somewhere on this end (ideally not too far from the area of Rts. 2 and 495, but I'm willing to travel a bit) and then deliver to the Pittsfield area on the 20th. I have the room to take many tens of thousands of .223 brass.

I'm actually sitting at my project site in Pittsfield as I write this (stealing time from a meeting). My next trip out here is scheduled for Monday, April 20. If we can work out the details between now and then, I can meet somewhere on this end (ideally not too far from the area of Rts. 2 and 495, but I'm willing to travel a bit) and then deliver to the Pittsfield area on the 20th. I have the room to take many tens of thousands of .223 brass.

I can probably only physically fit about 30,000 or so in my car at one time. I don't mind meeting somewhere in the Rte 495/ Rte 2 area - I live in Chelmsford. I would like to avoid multiple trips though - so if in sum total it all adds up to more than 30,000, the transfer gets tricky for me.

Edit: If we get a truly large amount, I might be able to get hold of a truck - so anybody who is interested send me a PM so I can try and assess what this will all add up to. We should try to do it quick - there are two pallet loads left. And it may go fast.

Last edited:
I'd suggest the Littleton Sportsman Club, just off 495, as a good place to meet. I can handle any reasonable amount of brass in my SUV.

I can probably only physically fit about 30,000 or so in my car at one time. I don't mind meeting somewhere in the Rte 495/ Rte 2 area - I live in Chelmsford. I would like to avoid multiple trips though - so if in sum total it all adds up to more than 30,000, the transfer gets tricky for me.

Edit: If we get a truly large amount, I might be able to get hold of a truck - so anybody who is interested send me a PM so I can try and assess what this will all add up to. We should try to do it quick - there are two pallet loads left. And it may go fast.

Of course its going to go fast if you are buying up 30K at a time. Why not save some for other people out there!

No wonder reloading supplies are going through the roof. You guys are buying it up like it is never going to be available again.

Sorry to Hijack, I just don't agree with the panic buying.

I'd be interested in a thousand. That would be cool!

Of course its going to go fast if you are buying up 30K at a time. Why not save some for other people out there!

No wonder reloading supplies are going through the roof. You guys are buying it up like it is never going to be available again.

Then you can sit back and wait for the rest of us who are wasting our money to be forced to sell at a massive loss when the prices all go down and we have to dump everything we "hoarded" because we have no money left to feed our families. If this is what you truly believe - then your time will come. Some of us believe differrently - and put our money where our mouths are.

Only time will tell which of us is right - and which is wrong. And depending on who is right - or wrong, a price will be paid.

That is the way a free market and a free society work.

I would like to see you make this argument to Jim at MFL - he is a business man, he wants to make money. I doubt he really cares whether we each go up there and buy 1000 or 100,000. Larger amounts clear it out of his warehouse and give him his cash back - which he can then turn around and invest in more inventory - which he can then sell for more profit. If he charges too much - people don't buy and he sits on inventory and he has no cash flow.

If you are really that worried you could pony up $40.00 and buy a thousand pieces of brass and be done with it. I might even go up there and pick it up for you.

If you'd like to put your mind at ease, take a trip up to MFL and have Jim show you the brass in his warehouse - 30,000 pieces wouldn't make a dent in it, and he's got more on the way.

When I was up there a couple weeks ago, Jim was selling by the 1K lot ($40). 1K, 4K, 40K - same price per thousand (well, I don't really know about 40K).

I'm up for some more. Keep me posted if anymore arrive and I can pick up as I go past Manchester almost every week. I won't get any for TeleMark unless he has primers to trade[smile]. WhereTF can I get some primers?? I loaded my last K over the weekend[frown]

Back
Top Bottom