Anybody looking for .223/5.56 brass?

Price

The first three bins were very clean. All we had to do was scoop & box it. The 100,000 round order we filled took only two hours.

This batch had 1/10 .308 /.45 / 9mm & .40 mixed in. I had two guys work a total of 17 hours combined to sort one bin that had a total of 64,000 rounds after the sorting. With added labor of $255.00 + employee taxes etc. etc. etc. I can't suck that up. $45.00/1000 is still way cheaper than it can be found anywhere in the country. When NES folks stop buying - I'll be posting this on other forums for 6-6.5 cents plus shipping. Then I'll actually make a little profit. [grin]
Jim

BTW, after tumbling the RORG brass, i can tell you its nice and shiny and in very good shape. Probably 3-4 pieces that went into the trash because I didn't like their looks on first inspection and 3-4 more on second inspection. Also, I got 3 free pieces of some 9mm brass(don't remember the headstamp).

For anyone who hasn't visited MFL, it's worth a visit. When I went up there a few weeks ago to get brass the place was very busy. I watched two gun sales take place while I was waiting. The employees were very good about going over the operation and features of the firearms with the buyers. The place was very busy with a line of people waiting to shoot.

I'll give a nod of thanks to Jim and Eddie Coyle for making us aware of this deal. Jim was very friendly. He had to weigh and box more brass for me, since I wanted more then I had originally told him. Wasn't a problem, and we had a nice chat while he was doing it. That warehouse of his is huge. I could just picture it stocked with all kinds of gun stuff...sort of like a wet dream for a Massachusett's gun owner.

$45 per thousand for sorted brass is well worth it, IMHO. I got tired just sorting through the batches I bought. I can't imagine going through tons of the stuff.

Now, if only Jim had bulk bullets, primers and powder....[wink]

Ammo

Too much trouble only because the powder - it's a whole new ball game with it. Fire dept regulations/ATF Powder magazine etc etc. I would like to carry the components - but when the current shortages get caught up,all the usual suspects will be well stocked again.

I have 64,000 rounds of the Radway boxed in 2,000 round boxes - and some pure (once fired) Fiocchi just in. The Fiocchi is "real nice" with no crimp.
Thanks all for the nice comments - it makes us feel like we're doing something right [wink]

Jim, couple of things.... I am sending some fellows from Maine over to get brass. They may or may not mention NES. Hope you take good care of them.

Also, I recall sending you email last July (looking to buy brass), to which you replied:
-----------
Sorry - I've committed everything to a scrap dealer in Massachusetts
Jim
------------

I could have and would have been your FIRST customer.... What changed?

change

My scrap dealers prices went into the toilet when the market went, but I still honor the deal with him as it was my word. My range brass still goes to him as it gets swept up wet and nasty - The .223/5.56 brass is not shot here. I sell the loaded ammunition, and buy back the brass - and it's cleaned up dry. This was never part of my deal with him.
I'll take care of the folks from Maine - [wink]

Same price on the Fiocchi?

If So I'll give you a ring. Removing crimps are a PIA. The Radway isn't as bad as Lake City though... Almost all of them can go un-swagged.

Thanks Jim!

Heck! Most of us use a hose to wash out the sand and gravel from sand pit muddy shooting anyways. A bit of water never hurt the brass.

Stop throwing your MFL brass away like that, and sell it to us, perhaps at some lower price, since we have to do some drying and all like that. Or, set some fans out in your warehouse, and give that stuff a blow dry, and add it to the mix.

It saddens me to see perfectly good brass get melted down.

Back
Top Bottom