• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anybody have carbine buffer tubes in stock??

Help!

I am looking to change the stocks on a couple of my rifles that use AR buttstock parts - and I need a couple of carbine buffer tubes (the ones that work with the adjustable stocks)

I can't seem to find them anywhere that that has them in stock - I know there is a buying spree going on, but there must be somebody who has them in stock.

Anybody got any ideas?

I would give Dennis over at Global Tactical a call. He may have some in stock. I've bought some stuff from him in the past and he is great to deal with.

Last edited:
Check with JDL Sales (is it still called that?). I got my A2 buffer tube from him. He may have the other ones too. Also, Dennis over at First Defense has a bunch of collapsible stocks so he may have buffer tubes as well.

If you find out where, please let us know.

My Mass compliant Stag has a pinned stock and buffer tube.

I wanted to re-pin it shorter but noticed the buffer tube only has 1 hole and it might actually be longer than normal tubes because if I were to unpin the stock and slide it all the way up, the buffer tube would stick out hte back of the stock by a few inches.

So I'm thinking I may need to buy the entire assembly...suckfest.

I checked a number of places like Midway, Brownells, and Olympic - as well as a couple of dozen other places I found by searching thru Google - and they either didn't even have the buffer tube listed as a separate part - or they were out of stock.

I did search on Gunbroker.com and found a guy with a number of the commercial sized ones listed - so I bought three.

Here is one of his auctions:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=124659826

Anybody looking for one could try sending him an email and see if he has any more I suppose. His price didn't seem that bad when I compared it to other sites (that didn't have any in stock).

I did find a couple of auctions on gunbroker that had the milspec diameter tubes also - but they seemed to want huge money for those (like $60.00 plus) and as far as I know the only difference between the milspec ones and the commercial ones is the outside diameter.

I sent emails to a couple of companies that had the tubes listed on their websites also - with in/out of stock info listed. If they respond that they have the tubes in stock I will update this thread with the info.

Wow isn't that expensive? I think I can get a tube, stock, spring and buffer for about $55 on midway or brownells.

It does seem expensive - but the price that Bravo Company has listed is higher. And I was seeing some even crazier prices on some of the other sites I hit looking for these.

Wow - they were in stock at the time of my post....Stuff is in flux for sure. I'd get on their E-mail alert - seems to work for those quick enough to respond when items come in stock...

I guess this is just another piece of evidence that they buying spree has had a big effect on the AR market

I guess this is just another piece of evidence that they buying spree has had a big effect on the AR market

You're not kidding...I decided to run an H-Buffer in my carbine to compliment the M-16 BCG and was SOL...Then I got an E-mail alert that they were back in stock. I got lucky enough to score one - should have bought an H2 for a spare...

Back
Top Bottom