Any suggestions for CCW holsters?

4506_004.jpg

Weight: 2.6 lbs (1.16 kg)
Caliber: .45 ACP
Barrel: 5 inch (12.5 cm)
Action: Double Action / Double Action Only
Range: 165 ft (50 m)
Payload: 8 + 1

It's not often that you see "concealed" and "4506" in the same post.

I have one. It's a great pistol (my favorite .45 in fact), but it is not practical for concealed carry. I have a Gould and Goodrich high ride holster for mine. I've carried it a few times under a long coat in the winter. It was like having an anchor strapped to my hip. I open carry it at the range sometimes with an old cop retention-type holster. With the right belt, it isn't bad, but it's not concealed.

Perhaps some kind of a shoulder rig would be best.

It's not often that you see "concealed" and "4506" in the same post.

I have one. It's a great pistol (my favorite .45 in fact), but it is not practical for concealed carry. I have a Gould and Goodrich high ride holster for mine. I've carried it a few times under a long coat in the winter. It was like having an anchor strapped to my hip. I open carry it at the range sometimes with an old cop retention-type holster. With the right belt, it isn't bad, but it's not concealed.

Perhaps some kind of a shoulder rig would be best.

Looks like it's pretty much the same as a 1911. My 1911's go great with the Tucker I posted above. The wide slips spread the weight out over the belt very well.

Looks like it's pretty much the same as a 1911. My 1911's go great with the Tucker I posted above. The wide slips spread the weight out over the belt very well.

The 4506 is fatter and heavier than a 1911, and much harder to conceal. I've carried both.

Dennis, you can try mine at the... oh wait... never mind.

Yeah, Eddie, my thoughts exactly. To answer the original question, how about a suit case. It's a beast of a gun but boy oh boy does it shoot. Very accurate, flawlessly reliable etc. Competed with one in a plate league some years back. Had no trouble winning. All factory except for the hogue slip on grip that I used. Later went to Tred Step. Anyway, not a huge suit case, just a regular sized suit case.......all in fun. LOL

Back
Top Bottom