• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any place in MA or NH close to MA to try various guns?

If you want to try shooting a TX22, more than welcome to come to my club in Gloucester. I know you were wondering about the TX22 and the Ruger MKIV in another thread.

Always better to list the guns you’re interested in. Then another member may be able to hook you up at their club and no rental fee required.

If you want to try shooting a TX22, more than welcome to come to my club in Gloucester. I know you were wondering about the TX22 and the Ruger MKIV in another thread.

Thank you! I just recently got my LTC and thinking of a 22 just to get some practice. I really like Mark IV Lite that I had tried. TX22 got lots of great reviews out there but I also heard a lot of negative things about Taurus in general. And as we can only have 10 round mags here I am kind of thinking maybe I should just get Mark IV Lite. Do you have both? Mark IV Lite is pricey and TX22 also is over 4 bills now. I see people finding them in the 250 range but I guess not in MA...

Thank you! I just recently got my LTC and thinking of a 22 just to get some practice. I really like Mark IV Lite that I had tried. TX22 got lots of great reviews out there but I also heard a lot of negative things about Taurus in general. And as we can only have 10 round mags here I am kind of thinking maybe I should just get Mark IV Lite. Do you have both? Mark IV Lite is pricey and TX22 also is over 4 bills now. I see people finding them in the 250 range but I guess not in MA...
$279.99 plus shipping. The vendor will keep the mags so you’ll have to buy 10 round mags. $50 transfer.

Though I’d probably spend the extra money and get the new Taurus TX22 competition.

They’re both good guns

I have an older Ruger MKIII HUNTER not the new MKIV Lite

Last edited:
So you think TX22 is a no-brainer? Someone is telling me Ruger SR22 is a much better gun. But it feels like a toy in my hand.
I have the SR22 as well if you want to try it. No way I’d recommend a SR22 over a TX22. As you say the SR22 feels like a toy. Very reliable but it’s so damn small but I have decent sized hands.

I've had 3 SR22's.. I love it to toy around with. But the 1st two gave me problems. Ruger ended up replaced them without hassle.

Note - They have since fixed the problem in current models.
But the TX22 might be a better option

Manchester Firing Line and Granite State both rent various firearms.

MFL has dumb rules about renting.

FAQs | Manchester Firing Line

Capture.jpg

Probably trying to avoid random people going there to blow their brains out?

Obviously. It is also the ONLY rental range I've run into in the US with those rules and I've run into some dumb ones.

Of course I'm not going to hire some Manchester street bum to come with me so I can go rent a gun.

Needless to say I won't shoot there.

I have bought a pistol there though. Friendly folks, I almost grabbed one of their used guns too as there was a decently priced 19X in there last week.

I have a MKIII Target. I also got about 8 other varied handguns for you to try if your not sure what you want. Do NOT knee jerk buy a handgun just because it feels nice in your hand(s). Its possible you might not like the way it shoots. I belong to Pelham F&G and your more than welcome to meet up and try my stuff before you buy.

Back
Top Bottom