• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any other Wounded Warrior Project Alumni members here?

I haven't noticed any other postings about WWP Alumni or even any events here so I thought I would ask. Linda Perry, who is the New England WWP coordinator, signed me up last year and got my wife & I into the event @ the Pats vs. Chiefs game complete with a catered VIP event and got to meet Mr. Craft. There were 300 tickets available and they were all gone and I was wondering if anyone here went or are WWP Alumni. Other than the Connect site I haven't seen any other forums w/WWP members. I know I'm not the only one.

I'm not looking to swap stories, just hoping to network with others and possibly provide some support or maybe getting out and do some fishing or shooting.

By the shear grace of God, I managed to come home with all ten fingers and all ten toes. However, I do the "Soldier's Ride" each year.

I've not been on any of the rides due to my disabilities barely allow me to walk. I know they even have recumbent bikes but my back problems prevent me from even using them. I recently got a motorized wheelchair (from the Scooter Store nonetheless..., free of charge) and I do have to use it around the house when I'm having a real bad day.

Last fall, the band I'm in put together, hosted and played in a Wounded Warrior's fund raiser...we are planning another one this Sept 28th in Concord NH. We raised almost a thousand dollars for the WWP...not a bad amount considering it was our first stab at something like this. Two of us in the band are Vets and one has a son in Afghanistan right now. We're hoping to double the amount this fall at our next shindig...it's the least we can do...

I've not been on any of the rides due to my disabilities barely allow me to walk. I know they even have recumbent bikes but my back problems prevent me from even using them. I recently got a motorized wheelchair (from the Scooter Store nonetheless..., free of charge) and I do have to use it around the house when I'm having a real bad day.

We have two guys on trikes that do the run with us every year. One hooks his chair on the back, the other has a ramp and rides his chair right onto the trike.

Not an alumni, because they only help those who served on or after 9-11!

They keep asking me for money, but they don't seem to care about any veterans of my generation......

Back
Top Bottom