Any one see this nonsense yet?

Man. I would love to buy an AR in just 5 minutes...

"Able to buy an AR in 5 minutes."
All true except the 5 minutes and the buying an AR part.
Should have read, "Able to get my picture taken in a gun store in 5 minutes".

Article is dumb? What does he mean no extensive background check? Background check for what? He didn’t purchase anything?

"It took seconds for him to take it off the shelf and begin selling it to me..."

That is not "buying" an AR15 - it is shopping.

It only takes seconds for someone to "begin selling" nuclear materials. The process is much longer.

I'll be surprised if my head doesn't just explode from reading all the nonsense on the web the last few days and the more to come. The amount of misleading and straight up false information is just astounding...I can't even process it all.

Man. I would love to buy an AR in just 5 minutes...

I've been in gun shops who knew I was a fed and it still took almost an hour from start to walking out the door.

Edit: I missed out the best part, him not buying it???? By the same token, I was able to buy a Lotas Esprit in mere seconds too. I mean, they let me look at it and sit in it. Disregard the years of working for the money or anything.

By the standard of this article, I was able to buy a full auto M249 SAW this morning in only two minutes.
I thought about it for TWO WHOLE MINUTES and then stopped thinking about it. Then I took a dump. The end.

Most dimwits will see the headline, look at the picture, read the first couple of sentences, then share the crap out of it on social media.

Mission accomplished for the anti-gun crowd.

Douchenozzle exercised 1st A right to denounce 2nd A right.

Ya can't fix stupid.

Most libs are scared or firearms because they know in their hearts that they couldn't be trusted with one. They then project that onto others.

What the shit? Kid tries to purchase a shotgun (pistol?), gets told he needs to have a stock to make it a long gun because he's under 21 and can't buy pistols yet. AR-15 is a long gun, no problem. Present proper ID and fill out the paperwork. Not necessary to check ID until actually doing the NICS check, kid did not finish the 4473 and the NICS check was never started. Whole process took way longer than 5 minutes, and he never actually bought anything. f*** this kid.

100% fake news.

It took me ten minutes just to buy a 1911.

Actually, I think that's about how long it took to buy my 1911, too.

Contrast that with the fact that it took me an hour and a half last week to buy a f***ing Ruger SR22. Granted this was partly because the kid pulled out the wrong model (long slide) from the back and had to go back and find the 3.5" slide version that was on sale. Also partly because NICS is so f***ing slow at 4:00 on a Friday afternoon and MFS has this policy now where they have to have other sales people double and triple check the serial numbers and paperwork.

Most dimwits will see the headline, look at the picture, read the first couple of sentences, then share the crap out of it on social media.

Mission accomplished for the anti-gun crowd.

Someone needs to post a vid: "It took me 25 years to buy an AR-15!"
"Well. I was 25 when I bought it..."

Yup, my liberal cousin posted it up on Facebook and I went ahead and pointed out all the falsehoods to which he responded he didn't realize the article was lying. Why would he? He's a 20 something college kid who regurgitates what he is taught at school and by his liberal parents, and didn't even bother to read the article he was posting. Nor has he ever held, fired or purchased a firearm. Just a SJW headline to get some likes.

Seriously makes me consider getting rid of Facebook.

my liberal cousin posted it up on Facebook and I went ahead and pointed out all the falsehoods to which he responded he didn't realize the article was lying.

Cousin needs deprogramming. Start with showing photos of Pelosi and Schumer while applying soldering iron to back of hands.

iu

Follow instantly with cold ice pack applied to burn with this photo.

iu

Repeat until he feels like this...

iu

BS VS Facts the above story shows how this BS starts.

Writer at “The Tab” blatantly lies about buying an AR-15

Cody Davis asserts, through vague language and subtle implications, that he was fully able to purchase an automatic rifle in five minutes with no obstacles presented to him, using this story to make a grim point on the availability of firearms to would-be mass-shooters. This is a very telling anecdote that highlights the ridiculousness of the current system.

At least, it would be, if it were true.

Anyone will find that Cody Davis failed to ever actually make the purchase. In fact, he is presented with the paperwork necessary to be given the firearm, but stops short of completing it.

“After he walked me through the paperwork, all five pages of it, I told him I changed my mind and wanted to think more before I bought an AR-15. He told me it wasn’t a problem and listed the store hours if I wanted to come back. I then said thank you and walked back to my car.”

In this quote, we see that Cody Davis never actually turned in the “paperwork.” Readers that are familiar with the process of buying firearms will now that this is most like a Form 4473, along with a variety of papers used in making background checks.

“Seconds. It took seconds for the salesman to take an AR-15 off the shelf and begin selling it to me. If I had stayed for maybe three minutes longer to fill out less paperwork than I did for the hiring process at my school’s bookstore, I would’ve driven home with an AR-15.”

Cody Davis is, unfortunately, naive on this point. Had he turned in his paperwork, the workers would have ran his answers and the Form 4473 through a series of national databases and FBI lists, digitally cross-referencing his name and information.

After the minutes, hours, days, or weeks it might take for his name to clear, he would then be informed that he can come back and purchase his gun. Maybe he would’ve been able to, maybe he wouldn’t have. We don’t know, because we do not know Cody Davis, and he never actually applied for the firearm.

What Cody Davis has done is the equivalent of filling out an application to work at NASA, never sending it in, then claiming that they were willing to hire you.

Yes the article is a piece of crap.

Yes you can buy an AR-15 in five minutes or less in a FREE state. In many free states you can buy long rifles at tags sales. Hand over $$ take rifle.

We have been so beaten down in this state we forget how it really is in other states.

Bob

I want ARs in vending machines, with a bunch of those curly springs loaded up with 30-rounders and Triji ACOGS...

It is not at all unusual for rifles, shotguns, and handguns to be sold at yard sales in some southern states. In most of them, a permit (or license) is needed to carry a handgun outside of the home, but not to purchase and keep in your home.

I shouldn't restrict it to southern states, as I think it's the same in PA. Where it takes less than 15 minutes to get a LTC.

My son bought his first AR from a guy in Indiana when he lived in AL. He got delayed in NICS (always does), but after three days the FFL did the transfer anyway.

This is just one reason why I want to move out of MA, but it's a big one.

The Boston Tab is a piece of crap leftist bird cage liner.

Yes the article is a piece of crap.

Yes you can buy an AR-15 in five minutes or less in a FREE state. In many free states you can buy long rifles at tags sales. Hand over $$ take rifle.

We have been so beaten down in this state we forget how it really is in other states.

Bob

for lack of a better term, that kid is a f***ing douchenozzle. If I was that pathetic, I'd already be caressing my wrists with a razor.

Back
Top Bottom