• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any hope for things to get better in near future in MA?

There have been some 2A victories in the courts in recent times and I am wondering what the current prognosis for the immediate future is for MA for any possible improvements?
No. For several reasons.
  • MA has a long history of ignoring 2A "court victories". For many years MA denied that the 2A applied to the state.
  • MA gun laws are written by people who know nothing about guns. The laws are drafted to please the gun grabbers.
  • Anyone in MA who speaks up for more 2A rights is immediately called a "hater" "gun nut" "white supremacist" "mass shooter" or some other insult.
  • Gun control is one of the easiest things to do. Write "tough" laws that don't cost you a dime to implement. Makes politicians feel like they are doing something about "gun violence" when all they are really doing is curtailing the rights of law abiding gun owners.
  • Almost all the media outlets in MA are controlled by liberals and the gun-control crowd. It is very hard to get a pro-gun message out. If you do speak up see point #3.

The country overall is getting better.

MA is not following the rest of the country.

If the AG becomes governor, expect that BS Assault Weapon letter to become law.

I also wouldn't put it past her to do something about online ammo sales rather than just threaten the pant sh*tters with unenforceable action.

And she will probably go after 80% receivers...I mean ghost guns.

Unless there is a good political reason, like maybe she doesn't give a f*ck about guns but it has all been a show to get her name out there, MA has a lot of potential to go full New York City on guns.

FML‼️

Attachments

• disgusted-Al-Bundy.gif
    disgusted-Al-Bundy.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 3
The question is not "what the current prognosis for the immediate future is for MA for any possible improvements?” but “what’s the possibility of additional degradation of 2A rights in MA?"

Unless SCOTUS issues a very broad 2A ruling, particularly one requiring the strict scrutiny test for any law abridging 2A rights, MA will just modify their laws to just meet the minimum constitutional requirements laid out by the court. The latest example is when the court said the 2A applied to stun guns, MA just changed them from being illegal for non-LEO to requiring an LTC to have one and treating it exactly like a firearm.

I’m actually nervous about any new SCOTUS 2A ruling since I don’t think it will be broad enough and it might just inspire the gun grabbers in the MA legislature to revisit the existing laws to make them even harder to comply with.

There have been some 2A victories in the courts in recent times and I am wondering what the current prognosis for the immediate future is for MA for any possible improvements?

Thanks.

tsh77769
When you see the defeatist responses here, you’ll understand how we got to where we are.

The country overall is getting better.

MA is not following the rest of the country.

If the AG becomes governor, expect that BS Assault Weapon letter to become law.

I also wouldn't put it past her to do something about online ammo sales rather than just threaten the pant sh*tters with unenforceable action.

And she will probably go after 80% receivers...I mean ghost guns.

Unless there is a good political reason, like maybe she doesn't give a f*ck about guns but it has all been a show to get her name out there, MA has a lot of potential to go full New York City on guns.
I am in agreement with your assessment.

View attachment 583685

"You don't need that modern sporting rifle! You just need good aim! My break action .243 has never failed me! Take that assault weapon down to the mandatory buyback! You don't need it! Join the NRA today to preserve your 2nd ammenent.

How do you think the Ukranians would fare with break action .243s? You fight evil, whether it be from without or within, with the best there is available.

020918healeyap.JPG
Must you put her (?)picture up when dinner is only 3 hrs away.

Every time a buy a gun and not charged sales tax, form 1 a firearm or buy thousands of rounds of ammo and get it shipped to my house in less then 48 hours I give the AG the middle finger.

Needless to say I do 1 of the above at least few times a month :cool:

We are accelerating our plans to leave and we just got here. Maura announcing her bid for governor was the final straw. What with the astronomical cost of living (waaaay more than even I estimated), crappy healthcare and authoritarianism, we can't leave soon enough. I honestly could not imagine that it really was this bad before we moved. It sucks, cause this is such an awesome area otherwise. Authoritarianism and a general sense that "we are educated and know it all" pervades EVERYTHING, and screws it up universally.

Thanks.

tsh77769
[laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2]

Are you in a coma yet or should I keep on laughing?

If you are the least bit mobile and not connected at the hip to the family you never see except maybe on holidays.....GET OUT.

Any hope? Only if Maura doesn't become our next governor.

That doesn't even really matter, the real guillotine is the flopover point when white liberal elites lose control of the house or senate. Thats when things are going to get
really nasty. In a cruel sense of irony they are the powerbrokers. Once they lose control to an "AOC" type then its game over, because the tax money the elites were diverting to horse bridges and round schools are going to start getting spent on exponentially dumber shit like "SJW initiatives" and gun control.

They will never admit it but white liberal elites dont really care about gun control. Theyd rather spend that money on other moonbat crap. *

*the most annoying gun control costs a shitload of money. Right now those people are not prepared to spend that.

Mass follows California, NY, New Jersey and Connecticut, Rhode Island .....along with a whole bunch of other shit hole states that are all about control and they have been controlled by the left so long they don't even know what right is at this point.
Want to know what they will be like in 5 years, look at NY and California today!
Not a new phenomenon by any means but every year they get worse by the city.
I moved out after 60+ years and get a sick feeling in my stomach every time I have to cross the border for any reason into the state.

Not unless you can convince all the old timers at the range that the NRA is just as big of a gun grabber as the democratic party
The NRA is responsible for many ranges getting insurance. Not everything is as simple as it seems. As you can imagine there aren't tons of companies looking to insure anything 2a

Maybe if everything north of the Mass Pike and east of 495 petitioned and is allowed to become part of Vermont.

If the current SCOTUS case goes well, it is still an uphill battle.

Although SCOTUS has recognized the right to own a handgun, the state of MA still does not recognize the right to obtain the only state permit that will allow you to lawfully do so.

It will take very specific cases - for example if the NYSRPA case changes the standard for concealed carry to an objective one based on criteria normal people can meet, rather than the current "Important Person" criteria in may "may issue" jurisdictions, do not expect Brookline to comply without a specific case.

Back
Top Bottom